General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Big-ass trucks park next to me

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Big-ass trucks park next to me

Besides getting disrespected on the road, it seems people go out of their way to disrespect me in the parking lot as well. Does this happen to anyone else? Post pics if you got 'em!

Name:  SDC10049.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  139.7 KB

Last edited by Burbio; 11-12-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
I always have that problem. I park the farthest away from any car and some truck or hummer ends up being park next to me. It happens to me so often that I just laugh about it. I just dont know what it is.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
"Park" is a relative term to the d-bag sitting next to you. It helps if you're between the lines.....

Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
ok, ok...

he's parked outside the lines, sure...but he's nowhere near your car. i wouldn't feel offended at all.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
why dont you remove that stupid little mirror in his side mirror and place it on the side window? hahaha, no no, dont do that.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd be more worried about that bike next to you, it could fall over against the car!

Old 11-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
I would be more pissed if I was the guy driving the tC, and not just because im driving a tC. From the pic it looks like the Scion has not room to open the door to get into the car, your car looks to be a decent distance away from the truck, I would definitely be more worried about the bike.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
always happens to me put i park near the curb in tha bck of the lot so theres alot of room in my spot and no 1 can park next to me on the other side but a big pickup trck always ends up next to me lol

Old 11-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mnfit
...and not just because im driving a tc...
rofl :d

Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I have a fit but learned how to drive a full size truck....first of all they aren't that easy to park. It is difficult for me to park my dads truck in a tight parking lot and I have done it and know how to do it. So don't assume the "truck drivers" are doing it on purpose b/c I know that I never do/did it on purpose.

And driving on the road....do you know how many time a smaller car is riding in a trucks blind spot and it is impossible to see the littler cars no matter how many times you look unless you seen the car coming up before it was in your blind spot you can't see it....New trucks are getting better/smaller blind spots.

And all in all trucks/bigger vechicals fight there way into traffic small cars cut in and out of traffic.(Not everyone but that is the cons of both kinds of vechical )

Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Did anyone notice the NO Parking sign?

Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 PM
You guys crack me up . . . you leave a big spot next to you, and are surprised when a big vehicle parks there? All the truck and suv drivers are circling around, looking for a spot big enough - then they find one and thank the courteous Fit driver for leaving them so much space. :lol:

Old 11-15-2009, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
I always see trucks and SUVs parked horribly, especially in compact-only spaces. If they can't even park the thing, I'd hate to see how they are around cars that are actually moving.

If you can't park it, don't drive it!

Old 11-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Hmm...

A Scion parked right on the line.

A truck that pulled over as far away from the Scion as possible to give that guy extra room to open the door.

A fit parked in an empty area of the lot that is not a parking space, shared with a bicycle, a pile of drywall, and a heap of paint-cans.

What's the issue again?

Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 AM
That's a big truck to you? it's a half ton extended cab, around my town thats pretty much what 1/4 of the people drive, everything else is twice that size. Crewcab longbox 1 ton diesels etc. I'm just giving you a hard time! When i had my Fit, i would do the exact opposite. i would circle parking lots looking for the biggest truck i could park next to lol just for a laugh

Old 11-15-2009, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
What I can't understand, and it happens to me all the time, is this: I go to the mall or store, park way out toward the road where nobody wants to park because it's such a long walk to the door. I'll come out to find four trucks or vans parked next to me. There will be a whole empty lot, including many spaces nearer the store entrance where they could park, but they choose to park next to me. Why?

Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Just for fun i assume lol. if you saw someone parked all alone wouldnt you want to park your vehicle beside theirs so it would have some company? gets lonely out there in the urban jungle you know.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
My ex-gf had a Silverado that she used for towing and driving that thing gave me a whole new understanding of driving a big truck.

You drive a truck that size, you park it in the back of the lot where there's less cars, more room to maneuver and it's not as inconvenient to other drivers if you have to have to take up more than one spot. Unfortunately that sometimes means you have to park next to the guy in the Corvette (or worse the econo sub-compact hatchback) because at least it's open on one side. It really has nothing to do with the other car, it's all about location.

In this pic...it looks like the tC is parked all up on the line. The Dodge to the right of the tC may be as well. In other words, some ding-dong up the line parked crooked and everyone else had to do the same.

The pickup driver did not "disrespect" you. You're not that important. He gave you more room than he gave the tC.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
The pickup driver did not "disrespect" you. You're not that important. He gave you more room than he gave the tC.
no way bro? thanks for that reality check.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
I think most readers thought that same thing. jzero just typed it.

Quick Reply: Big-ass trucks park next to me