General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Strike 1 for me........

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Strike 1 for me........

Well after a confusing day of trying to get a Fit, no such luck. Pretty much the Fit I was waiting on came in, then was told it was to get dealer traded , then found out they will sell it to me. So I was like whatever, lets work the numbers. Well the price went from 16,5?? to 18k so I told them that was a problem. Then they gave me almost a 1k below KBB for my trade in. They jacked up the price and low balled me on trade. I told them hell no, wasnt going to work and they said ok and that was it, no back and forth haggling. Guess they didnt wont a sell. Think I was more disappointed cause they where giving away a free Honda lawnmower with purchase. So now Im waiting on the other dealer I was working with to get a Fit. Damn these popular lil Fits....lol

Old 05-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by FitDaddy
Well after a confusing day of trying to get a Fit, no such luck. Pretty much the Fit I was waiting on came in, then was told it was to get dealer traded , then found out they will sell it to me. So I was like whatever, lets work the numbers. Well the price went from 16,5?? to 18k so I told them that was a problem. Then they gave me almost a 1k below KBB for my trade in. They jacked up the price and low balled me on trade. I told them hell no, wasnt going to work and they said ok and that was it, no back and forth haggling. Guess they didnt wont a sell. Think I was more disappointed cause they where giving away a free Honda lawnmower with purchase. So now Im waiting on the other dealer I was working with to get a Fit. Damn these popular lil Fits....lol
that sucks man. But because of demand some Honda dealers are being douchebags. My dealer wouldn't budge below $2k over MSRP. I told them I would buy one that second, cash at MSRP and they basically told me to leave. But I pre-ordered through another dealer and got it at MSRP so it's all good.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
They don't want you to pay cash, cash is a downside for them, they want you to finance at the dealer.

Anyway, just wait. And not like 2 weeks, but like 6 months. Wait until November or something, then just go get one for less than MSRP. I mean, unless your current car is being really cantankerous or something.

Hell, I'm driving a 12-year-old S13 with a farked-up driveshaft support and barely-there brakes. You'd have to stretch to do worse than that, lol.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
They don't want you to pay cash, cash is a downside for them, they want you to finance at the dealer.

Anyway, just wait. And not like 2 weeks, but like 6 months. Wait until November or something, then just go get one for less than MSRP. I mean, unless your current car is being really cantankerous or something.

Hell, I'm driving a 12-year-old S13 with a farked-up driveshaft support and barely-there brakes. You'd have to stretch to do worse than that, lol.
We are in the Baltimore/ DC area and have a wait through september now. I dont charge over MSRP but I also dont think we will be selling lower than MSRP any time soon. Expecially as long as gas prices are high and supply of the Fits and Civics are low.
Neal

Old 05-11-2006, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone who pays over MSRP for anything is an idiot;this is the same BS the dealerships pulled when the S2000 came out back in 2000.

Props to you for sticking to your guns

Old 05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Neal, if HashiriyaS14 is driving around DC with "barely there brakes", then you might want to watch out for an unstoppable S13 in your rear-view mirror, and get out of the way, if you do!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
Hey Neal, if HashiriyaS14 is driving around DC with "barely there brakes", then you might want to watch out for an unstoppable S13 in your rear-view mirror, and get out of the way, if you do!
Thanks for the advice I will keep my eyes open

Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Well, wish me luck. Im heading out tommorrow morning to try another stab at getting the Fit. Actually going out of state to get one-hopefully.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Sale your used car on your own. You're complicating the process by having a trade-in. Depending on its value, you're also cheating yourself out of a lot of extra profit (on the used car) by being lazy.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:31 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
dont even pay more than MSRP...that is just robbery in my book...i would deal with anything more than sticker