General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you WISH was available as an option/accessory?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
You are right. My weenie is to big for the Fit. A smaller one like yours would most likely work better. Is that something offered? If so would anybody have pictures of how to install that?

Old 10-04-2009, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grooveface
You are right. My weenie is to big for the Fit. A smaller one like yours would most likely work better. Is that something offered? If so would anybody have pictures of how to install that?
Apparently only your ego and delusions are too big for the fit. Now, do you have something positive to contribute to this thread, along the lines of the original question; or do you want to just continue being a dork?

The original question, which, if you hadn't noticed, I asked. Hence, the reason for me making a point about it previously.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I am going to continue being a dork. Lighten up Francis.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
an ashtray!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Diesel engine. Thread win achieved, all other arguements invalid. Thank you for participating everyone

Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MarieFit
I don't know if something like this is available yet, so I apologize if it is. I was thinking how nice it would be for the Fit to have a rubberized floor in the back as well as the back of the seats. That way when you got something nasty and muddy/wet you don't ruin your seats when you lay them down flat. I'm thinking that once I get mine I'd like to be able to put stuff in the back without messing up the flooring...something like the Element flooring. I know there is an available tray...but it most likely wouldn't be big enough to cover the whole floor if you laid the back seats down. Just a thought...Honda come on!!
Honda offers a Cargo Mat (not to be confused with the Cargo Tray). The Cargo Mat covers the whole trunk area, as well as the back of the rear sears. The only problem is it's not available in the US, you'd have to import it from Japan...

Translation result for http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/osusume/cornercamerasystem.html

Info thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...eats-down.html
pics of it installed ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-opinion.html
more detailed pics ---> '09 Fit - Cargo Mat Installation - a set on Flickr
Here's a link to buy ---> japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE or you can pm Dave and see if he can get it for you.

I bought it and am so glad I did, it keeps the whole area clean, and I fill the cargo area with tools/supplies for work, and equipment for gigs too. The velcro attaches right on to the carpet.

I Elemmat also offers one now but the cover for the seat backs is 1 piece as opposed to Honda's 2 piece design so you can just fold down 1 seat. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ason-mats.html
Weathertech might offer one if they haven't already.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
an ashtray!
Honda offers the cupholder type ashtrays... You can buy the regular Honda one; scroll down on this page ---> Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2007-2008 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

or you can buy the lighted one
japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

Here's a pic of mine, but due to the lighting you can't see it lit so well, however it works great in the dark.

Also in the pic is the JDM Honda cigarette lighter which is an import. I'm planning on re-installing the OEM accessory outlet right next to it in the middle.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Great list

Originally Posted by FITMugen
Skyroof
Heated auto-fold side mirrors with turn signal
Heated windshield washer
Projector headlights
Rear view camera
Rear disc brakes

That's my exact list as well... if those options were available from the dealer (Honda USA) I would have gladly paid extra for those options, instead of doing them myself. It's ok, I'm patient and although I'm probably gonna get a sunroof instead of the skyroof, I will get those options on my GE8 eventually.

The only other option I can think of for me would be the Heated & Cooled Leather Seats. I know Honda offers Leather, and Heated Seat options in very few markets, but afaik no Cooling Seat option. After driving my brother's Lexus numerous times I loved that option.

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
Thread win achieved, all other arguements invalid. Thank you for participating everyone

Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
heads up display would be cool. and i LOVE rear window louvers.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Acura FIT

Originally Posted by chrisakasparky
heads up display would be cool. and i LOVE rear window louvers.
If Honda offered all of this options, it might sell us as Acura FIT, not Honda FIT anymore. Ha ha ha.
Skyroof
Heated auto-fold side mirrors with turn signal
Heated windshield washer with wipers
Projector headlights
Rear view camera
Head up display

Heated Leather seats
AWD
4 wheel disc brakes
Sequential SportShift Automatic
Intelligent Parking assist
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Old 10-05-2009, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
rear disc brakes and rear independent suspension.

thats all

Old 10-05-2009, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITMugen
If Honda offered all of this options, it might sell us as Acura FIT, not Honda FIT anymore. Ha ha ha.
Yup I mentioned that before... I would have gladly paid more and bought an Acura Fit without even thinking twice.

Whats a few extra payments to get everything you want, especially if you plan on keeping the car for 20+ yrs.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for rear disks as well. I think it's great that it probably helped keep the price down, but some of us drive more spirited than others....

Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Exterior temperature gauge
Heated mirrors
Headlights that actually illuminate the road
Rear disks would be nice
Someplace to hang a shopping bag for empty coffee cups, etc.
Grab on left as well as right for closing hatchback

Dump the paddle shifters

Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willitfit
rear disc brakes and rear independent suspension.

thats all
oh and power windows all around....

Old 10-06-2009, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Agreed with rear disc brakes and rear independent suspension...even a simple Nissan-style multi-link arrangement would do fine without detriment to the rear cargo area IMO.

BETTER SEATS would be perfect. Honda, are you listening? Neither GD nor GE Fits have sufficient support for the lower back and thighs on their seats.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Headrests that don't force my head forward! For all I know the seat COULD be comfortable if I could actually rest my back against it.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Neither GD nor GE Fits have sufficient support for the lower back and thighs on their seats.
Yeah that's very true. I bought the Clazzio leather seat covers, and it made huge difference in support for my lower back, which is also where one of my herniated discs is (L2 or 3 I believe).

I must be the only one who wants my headrest a little forward.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willitfit
oh and power windows all around....
What do you mean by "power windows all around"? Are you in a market where all the windows (front and rear) aren't power windows?

I mean, I think it would be cool if you could roll down (power or manual) the hatch window (like I recently saw in some sort of SUV) and/or lift it up with hydraulics like I had in an old taurus wagon... but apart from that.. >??<

Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like a Fit "Si" package; More power, possibly from a DOHC cylinder head. Sporty suspension. Upgraded interior.

Quick Reply: What do you WISH was available as an option/accessory?