General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just bought a new Fit, quick question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Just bought a new Fit, quick question..

So I finally went and finished the paperwork on my new 09 BSP MT sport w/navi WOOT!

Question though, I have finished all my paperwork and actually just got home and noticed something on my paperwork. I got "dealer installed accessory" according to this paper work, a $309.00 accessory. Yet I never asked for any extras . The code for the accessory is "Resistal ATOC". Anyone know what this is (sorry if stupid quiestion, google didnt come up with much). The dealer is closed for the night, but I was just wondering if maybe someone here might know? Of course I will be calling them in the morning too.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mezzozero
So I finally went and finished the paperwork on my new 09 BSP MT sport w/navi WOOT!

Question though, I have finished all my paperwork and actually just got home and noticed something on my paperwork. I got "dealer installed accessory" according to this paper work, a $309.00 accessory. Yet I never asked for any extras . The code for the accessory is "Resistal ATOC". Anyone know what this is (sorry if stupid quiestion, google didnt come up with much). The dealer is closed for the night, but I was just wondering if maybe someone here might know? Of course I will be calling them in the morning too.
Yay! Congratulations!

That could be a cool option:

Acronym Definition
ATOC Association of Train Operating Companies (UK)
ATOC A Touch of Class
ATOC Attack of the Clones (Star Wars Episode 2)
ATOC Air Terminal Operations Center
ATOC Allied Tactical Operations Center
ATOC Associação dos Técnicos Oficiais de Contas (Portugal)
ATOC Acoustic Thermography of Ocean Climate
ATOC Air Tactical Operations Center
ATOC Advanced Technical Operations Center (Trellis)
ATOC Annual Task Order Contract
ATOC Advanced Theory of Constraints
ATOC Air Defense Tactical Operations Center
ATOC Advanced Tactical Operations Center
ATOC Air Defense TMD Operations Center

Now, the Resistol is a cowboy hat maker. Look for a hat in your car.
Resistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, considering that Resistal is spelled different, and you didn't report hats, sounds like a paint coating.

Guess: "A Touch of Class" being a brand or detail shop or product line. And then the product name "Resistal" as in "Resist All".

------

1) Dealer offered me "Resistal Appearance Protection".

"Protects against permanent damage caused by oxidation, fading, loss of gloss, permanent hard water etching, industrial fallout, bird droppings, insects, tree sap, and acid rain. Protects Fabric, Vinyl, and Leather against permenant damage caused by fading, chewing gum, loose seam stitches, and permenant staining caused by food, drink, ink, dye, lipstick, makeup, crayons, urine, vomit, and oil based stains. Additionally, coverage against punctures less than 1/4" in diameter and rips or tears less than one inch."

Its something they apply to the car once, and takes about 4 hours he said.

Cost is $600.

2) I have a mobile detailer who lives next door who says "YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY PUT THAT ON YOUR CAR NOW, IN THE BEGINNING, IT WILL HELP RESIST SWIRLING!"

Everyone else says "Don't bother. Its a dealer markup. They're making money. Its just a wax job. Its nothing special".

So whats the final word here? Im at an important point right now. Zero swirls. Possible I could put a sealant on it and reduce them. Should I just have the detailer "hand wipe" (and cause swirling!) the car? Or should I drive my ass back up to LA and have them put this magical sealant on it?

Final Word on "Paint Sealers" - bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 09-26-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey TW! Thank you thank you! I get to pick it up Tuesday night! The next few days will be torture! Its like being a kid on Christmas eve, yet the eve lasts for days lol!

So, no hat in the car from what i saw . DAMN THEM! I was looking forward to that hat! Oh well. So all in all it will just help protect against swirling and I can get small tears fixed...I feel a little hustled. They never said this was on the car and I specifically requested just the car itself, no addons. I tried to get them to throw in sidemolding for free but they refused >_>. That was the ONLY mention of accessorys/upgrades. Is this crap even worth that? Im inclinded to say for 300 bucks...no

Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Find out if they did the outside AND the inside, or just the outside. Not that you're planning on peeing and vomiting all over the seats, but knowing what they used (if anything) on the seats to help protect them means you shouldn't have to do that right away. And you would want to know what they used in the future, if you want to keep up with the help on stain-proofing or cleaning.

I kind of think that once you start with a kind of product for the fabric, you should probably stick with the same kind of product. Doesn't have to the be same BRAND, like if spray Scotchguard is similar, then use that next time.

If you got the car for the price we talked about, and that was included in the price, I wouldn't be too upset...um, I wouldn't be upset at all.

It just might help a bit. I wish I'd had something on my car than whatever is on it when the Pterodactyl crapped on my car. You'd think I'd have noticed a 33-foot wingspan. I must have been in the store. Pretty sure the paint is somewhat damaged in that center part of the roof, from that splat baking on. I'm short, I didn't see it.

It also means you shouldn't have to wax right away. I guess that's good. They can't take it off. And you've signed the paperwork, so I don't think there is anything you can do now. Other than pee on one of their other car seats to see how well the Resistal really resists all.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mezzozero
Hey TW! Thank you thank you! I get to pick it up Tuesday night! The next few days will be torture! Its like being a kid on Christmas eve, yet the eve lasts for days lol!

So, no hat in the car from what i saw . DAMN THEM! I was looking forward to that hat! Oh well. So all in all it will just help protect against swirling and I can get small tears fixed...I feel a little hustled. They never said this was on the car and I specifically requested just the car itself, no addons. I tried to get them to throw in sidemolding for free but they refused >_>. That was the ONLY mention of accessorys/upgrades. Is this crap even worth that? Im inclinded to say for 300 bucks...no
Go back. Demand a hat! Tell them you're a smart guy and you know all about the Resistol dealio, and you want your hat!

Also ask them how to activate the Advanced Tactical Operations Center. They'll just point at the Nav screen looking like this:

Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Maybe I should go pee inside that 09 'Mugen edition' Civic Si sedan in the showroom, see how well the 'scotch guard' if will, works on that >_>

Although I guess your right. It could be a lot worse. At least this could actually help in a really good way if it does what it says it does . Plus I am very very happy with the offer I got, and I think I did a good job haggling the price so I will consider it a great victory after all was said and done.

Now, to go spend my savings from the car on that cowboy hat I didnt get!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
resistol = can't rest

A= accessing
T= the
O= owners/buyers
C= cash

Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
A= accessing
T= the
O= owners/buyers
C= cash

hahahaha! They usually do a fine job of that, no doubt about it.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member
I bent over and paid for the "paint sealant". Supposedly I do not need to wax but I will get nothing but negative comments on that here. Anyhow after a couple of months it washes up nice. I use a Mr Clean gadget for the final rinse and it dries streak free.

I just check my invoice and it says "fabric guard declined" I don't let anyone eat or pee in my Fit.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr

I just check my invoice and it says "fabric guard declined" I don't let anyone eat or pee in my Fit.
Darn, and that was the first thing on my list...

"Pee in Black3sr's car"

Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 AM
I know people always say to not bother with that option, but they did it and gave me a "discount" because I was buying through the Costco program. Apparently they normally charge $400 for it, and giving it to me for $150 because to the Costco deal. Well, honestly, I haven't waxed my Fit yet, after just over a year, and it still looks really good. But more importantly, nothing sticks to my seats. Who know if it'll last the 10 years that they say it will. All I know is that it's saving me from some mess right now!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Darn, and that was the first thing on my list...

"Pee in Black3sr's car"
LOL - I would put up the same sign on my Fit...

Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I know you've been out driving all weekend. We love our Fit, and now that our Sport M/T Navis are collectors items we can enjoy them even more.

Post some pictures of your new car so we can all enjoy it.

Cheers.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hkfooey
LOL - I would put up the same sign on my Fit...
You people incontinent or what? I better start carrying some Depends.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
You people incontinent or what? I better start carrying some Depends.
Are they treated with Resistal?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
I know you've been out driving all weekend. We love our Fit, and now that our Sport M/T Navis are collectors items we can enjoy them even more.

Post some pictures of your new car so we can all enjoy it.

Cheers.
They were only out one year. Unless they change or add it later for 2010, it will turn out to be fairly rare, hard to find, and probably have a higher resale than the rest.

And if you want us to REALLY enjoy it, you'd let us borrow it for the day.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
P.S. If anyone is still looking, two Tidewater Sport manual nav/vsa at Anderson:
Buy a Civic, Accord, Fit, Pilot, or Element | Anderson Honda Palo Alto

I don't see the Blue Sensation one there anymore, I wonder if that guy bought it?

They also have a White stick sport too (no nav).

Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Are they treated with Resistal?
These would be the Super Soaker Uppers.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
take it back to the dealer and tell them to reimburse you either by check or creditcard (if you used a creditcard for your down payment).

dont take any crap from the dealer if the final price was
decided. the finance guy can add crap after you shake hands
with the salesguy so watch out for that. ive seen so many
people get hit with misc crap after the handshake.