General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New to the boards, just bought an '09 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
New to the boards, just bought an '09 Sport

I've been lurking for about a week, since I found this community while obsessively researching the Fit. I bought an '09 Taffeta White Sport today, and figured I'd quit lurking and join the boards.

I've been in dire need of a new daily driver, and my top picks were a base Impreza or a Fit Sport. Fit seemed to be perfect for my needs, so I drove one, fell in love, and drove it home. My other car is a 1996 Firebird with more problems than I have time to fix. Adding the Fit to my stable means I can garage my Firebird and finally begin to rebuild it from the ground up. I also plan on some minor performance upgrades for my Fit after the break-in period, probably intake, exhaust, wheels...the usual.

So anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. These boards seem like a great community, so I look forward to getting involved.

Just for discussion's sake, a little on my buying experience.

I went to my local dealer earlier in the week, hoping to test drive a Fit, and the sales rep pretty much laughed at me, because they hadn't had a Fit in stock for awhile, and the only '09s they were expecting in the next two months were already presold. I had originally wanted a black Fit (I'm a sucker for black), but haven't been able to track one down. I was considering waiting for '10s to start rolling out, but the White grew on me. Also, once I got home and started looking through the paperwork, I realized that the dealer left out the full user manual (I have the quick start guide) as well as the Warranty book. The dealer I went to is a solid 40-50 miles away, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the books from my local dealer tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Socialvegetable
I've been lurking for about a week, since I found this community while obsessively researching the Fit. I bought an '09 Taffeta White Sport today, and figured I'd quit lurking and join the boards.

I've been in dire need of a new daily driver, and my top picks were a base Impreza or a Fit Sport. Fit seemed to be perfect for my needs, so I drove one, fell in love, and drove it home. My other car is a 1996 Firebird with more problems than I have time to fix. Adding the Fit to my stable means I can garage my Firebird and finally begin to rebuild it from the ground up. I also plan on some minor performance upgrades for my Fit after the break-in period, probably intake, exhaust, wheels...the usual.

So anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. These boards seem like a great community, so I look forward to getting involved.

Just for discussion's sake, a little on my buying experience.

I went to my local dealer earlier in the week, hoping to test drive a Fit, and the sales rep pretty much laughed at me, because they hadn't had a Fit in stock for awhile, and the only '09s they were expecting in the next two months were already presold. I had originally wanted a black Fit (I'm a sucker for black), but haven't been able to track one down. I was considering waiting for '10s to start rolling out, but the White grew on me. Also, once I got home and started looking through the paperwork, I realized that the dealer left out the full user manual (I have the quick start guide) as well as the Warranty book. The dealer I went to is a solid 40-50 miles away, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the books from my local dealer tomorrow.
It should have been all together in a black leatherette pouch/envelope thing with the VIN of the car on the outside. Do you have your tool kit too? Have you looked in the spare tire area? Or in the hidden compartment under the back seat?

Give the purchase dealer a call and ask them to Fed Ex the manual and other items to you. Should have 2 tire warranties, one for the spare and one for the regular tires. A Honda Warranty booklet. A Honda Service History booklet. The Honda Fit Owner's Manual (the last three items are the same size in height and width, the Owner's manual is thicker in depth). And a smaller Honda Consumer's Information booklet. Along with that Quick Start Guide...which I seem to have misplaced. Sometime between the old desk and bookcase going out and the new table, drawers, bookcase, etc coming in, it's probably in with the books...somewhere.

Do you also have your radio code? If you do have that, you will want to keep it somewhere safe. And you may want to join the Honda Owner's Resources site, there's a place to enter your code online. So you won't have to wonder where you put that little thing later on.
Owner Resources - the Official Honda Web Site

Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Welcome!

Im pretty new around here too. Did the same thing, lurked obsessively for a few weeks, then finally bought my Fit last night Welcome to the Fit family!! These boards are great, I considered them a godsend while doing all my research. Especially with gals like TaffetaWhite, there always seems to be someone here who can help you solve any problem with your Fit!

You have one more thing to do now, go post some pics of your new ride in the TW pics thread!

Old 09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to Fit Freak

Here's to your new Fit
Name:  aBeerChug.gif
Views: 39
Size:  2.2 KB

Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Welcome! If you need any accessories or parts check us out. We have the best prices guarenteed!

Dan@CFLHonda

Old 10-01-2009, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
You'll love it. Take a nice long weekend trip and pull into a gas station.

Cheers.