General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fully Loaded vehicle's MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Fully Loaded vehicle's MPG?

Greetings,

Well, driving back from the store today with a well-loaded cargo area I had a thought pop into my head that I am curious about...

We have all those nice threads on "what can you fit in a fit?" And lots of nice threads about the worst and best mpg people have gotten..

However, I think most 'best' MPG figures people are usually talking about are when the cars are close to empty, or just with the standard stuff one carries around... and even the 'worst' are often in a similar situation.. usually just different driving techniques and traffic make the major difference...

But, I'm wondering... what sort of mpg people see when they have their fit stuffed full of stuff... Is there a lower range that people see? What sort of MPG do you get when your car is full of stuff?

Given, people probably can't answer this question with a whole-tank calculation.. as one usually doesn't have their car filled up for an entire tank full of gas, unless one is on a long trip or moving. So, obviously per-trip figures will be the main players here. Obviously also everybodys filled-up fits will have different weights and levels of stuff (and people) in them.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I think my situation will count, when I traveled with my mom and dad about 500 miles one way 1 year ago with about 3 large luggage's inside plus other extra stuff. My car looked lowered lol. I'm not sure how much from full tank to zero but when I was in the middle of the road I notice that I was already at 250 at half tank mark and I was traveling about 75-80mpg most of the time. I was actually amazed that the car got better mpg at high speed with more people.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
My wife's auto fit got a 35 mpg average driving back from sacramento with 4 adults (5 for part of the trip) and their luggage with the a/c blowing. That included going through the hills at pyramid lake. not too shabby.

Last weekend I was driving my brother's RSX Type-S back from sacramento. It was fully loaded with stuff (he was moving back home) including the passenger seat. I didn't run the a/c and we were driving in a caravan around 60 mph to stay with the moving truck. at 60-65 mph it sat right around 2400 rpm in 6th gear. At our first fuel fill-up (only used 3/8ths of the tank) i calculated over 38 mpg! i trippled checked it because i couldn't believe it. my brother was riding with his girlfriend in her '00 civic LX and she got 38.5 mpg. pretty amazing. the moving truck got 11 mpg.