General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Damaged on the dealer lot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Damaged on the dealer lot?

Hi All,

I'm new to these forums, and this is the first post. I've been seriously looking at the Fit for a while, and I found one locally that seems like what I've been looking for, but with two exceptions: two very noticeable door dings on either side of the vehicle.

One is much worse than the other, with the clear coat and at least a few layers of paint chipped off entirely, and a nice little dent surrounding it. The other one is relatively minor, but is still an eyesore. It's the blue sensation color, and it seems like that color is exceptionally bad at hiding dirt and scratches.

Anyways, the dealer is refusing to do anything about this damage, and won't lower the price either. Has anyone encountered a similar scenario? Anything I can do about it? I would probably buy the car if they either fixed it, or lowered the price, but so far they're not budging. I can't bring myself to pay the full asking price for damaged goods...

Thanks!

Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
easy.. go to another dealership. Obviously that dealership doesn't care about their customers. Find a new one i bet there are lots in your area.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ what he said

Old 09-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, I already tried that, and this is literally the only one I can find in my area. This is a Fit Sport w/Navi and manual transmission. Apparently extremely rare, especially after C4C.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if i were you, id find a MT one and get an aftermarket stereo with nav unit. both metra and scosche have install kits for our cars and they dont look that bad. dont buy a car you have to fix (just to get it back to normal) not worth it.

also check carmax. they do free transfers

Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
is its a used fit? im guessing so, if the dealer wont budge, then move on.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
It's a brand new unit... they said it's been on their lot for a while, but given that almost all of the cars on their lot have those temporary rubber door protector things on them, I'm not sure how BOTH sides of this car got dinged already...

Originally Posted by kenchan
if i were you, id find a MT one and get an aftermarket stereo with nav unit. both metra and scosche have install kits for our cars and they dont look that bad. dont buy a car you have to fix (just to get it back to normal) not worth it.

also check carmax. they do free transfers
Yeah, I'm mostly interested in VSA as a safety option. To me, the navi is mostly just an expensive bonus.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i see... that sucks. reminds me of my local POS subaru dealer. LOL

anyway VSA's really not that great on the car. you should just invest in better tires. both my FitS's do not have VSA, but i run summer and winter tires so i dont ever need it.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Let 'em keep it...............

They will have to reduce it someday.............especially when the '10's arrive

Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LEMONed
It's a brand new unit... they said it's been on their lot for a while, but given that almost all of the cars on their lot have those temporary rubber door protector things on them, I'm not sure how BOTH sides of this car got dinged already...

Yeah, I'm mostly interested in VSA as a safety option. To me, the navi is mostly just an expensive bonus.
Was this at Anderson?
New Honda Fit, Palo Alto, CA, Hatchback, Anderson Honda Stock: 9S058788

They show two Tidewater Blue Manual Nav/VSA too.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Was this at Anderson?
New Honda Fit, Palo Alto, CA, Hatchback, Anderson Honda Stock: 9S058788

They show two Tidewater Blue Manual Nav/VSA too.
Yep. I guess it literally wasn't the only one I could find, but I don't like the Tidewater blue color...

btw, the salesperson I spoke to (Robert) was a jerk. I made him an offer around the Consumer Reports bottom line price, and he started treating me like I was an idiot, saying that I didn't "understand" how buying a car worked, and that he was personally insulted by that number.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Travel out of state if you have to! They sound horrible. Report them to the BBB while you're at it.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
The way that dealership is acting I wouldn't even bother doing business with them. Seriously though, save yourself the headaches and try looking for other options.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I strongly feel that dealers who employ people who make statements like your "salesman" are probably not dealers that you want to deal with if you have any alternative (and there are a lot of alternative Honda dealers out there).

This could be a rogue salesman, but I doubt it - some dealers just encourage this sort of irritating behaviour (you're insulting me, good grief, how tacky) and it permeates every part of the organization.

Please, take your money elsewhere, even if it means a plane ride.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm hoping it was just a bad salesman. Needless to say, I'm never going to deal with him anymore. I've generally heard good things about that dealer in the past, though, so I was very surprised.

He also printed out an "invoice" figure that was higher than what Consumer Reports and Edmunds lists. But how do I know that CR and Edmunds are accurate? Where do they get their numbers from?

Last edited by LEMONed; 09-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Do you belong to Costco? If not, it might be worth the $50 membership fee to check out their pricing, if there is one near you, especially if they are going thru another dealership.

Going by some previous threads on here, the Costco route will usually get you decent pricing, along with a look at all the numbers, MSRP, invoice, etc. Usually they seem to have much better prices on extras, like floormats, also.

In any case, sounds like it's worth even an hour or two drive to find another dealership.

Good luck.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I did some searches via the Honda site, and came up empty. Looked at maybe 100 dealerships from Oregon to Mexico. Using Redding, Sacramento, Concord, Mountain View, Santa Cruz, L.A. and San Diego as centers for searches.

Uh, but I never come up fully empty-handed! Here's one in Michigan!
RiverTown Honda

The other idea I had was to get dark blue sunglasses. Like in the Wizard of Oz. So that EVERYTHING will be Blue Sensation.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I did some searches via the Honda site, and came up empty. Looked at maybe 100 dealerships from Oregon to Mexico. Using Redding, Sacramento, Concord, Mountain View, Santa Cruz, L.A. and San Diego as centers for searches.
I think the question is...

1) what colors does the OP want or is willing to accept? Is color more imporant than VSA?

2) which is more important to him Manual transmission or VSA?

3) how far is he willing to go?

I was able to find a number of them.. but some very far... but not in blue (or uncertain as to what color they were..)

Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Call Honda 800-999-1009. Report the shady dealer. Maybe they can help. Or better yet, go to the dealer, borrow the general manager's phone, call Honda from there.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
the dealership you went to is nuts, don't go there again, report them to honda and the BBB, and if you have to just wait till you find what you want...

Quick Reply: Damaged on the dealer lot?