General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FAIR PRICE for FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
You can't always look at OTD price because tax, title, and registration fees are different for each state. Plus, depending on if you had a trade, the tax is different than if you bought it straight up.

So the TRUE price of the car either with/without destination is really what can help you know if you are getting a good deal. Make sure that the tax, title and registration are the standard fees for your state (you can look up on carmax and/or call tax office)...and that will give you what you'll be PAYING. But...to get an idea of the EQUALITY of a price, you need to look at the price of the CAR.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
You can't always look at OTD price because tax, title, and registration fees are different for each state. Plus, depending on if you had a trade, the tax is different than if you bought it straight up.

So the TRUE price of the car either with/without destination is really what can help you know if you are getting a good deal. Make sure that the tax, title and registration are the standard fees for your state (you can look up on carmax and/or call tax office)...and that will give you what you'll be PAYING. But...to get an idea of the EQUALITY of a price, you need to look at the price of the CAR.
you have a point, but I still think otd price is a better guage and less confusing, as tax title and reg cant differ more then 100 bucks

all these car dealers should do what saturn does and just have 1 price no matter what

Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT410S
you have a point, but I still think otd price is a better guage and less confusing, as tax title and reg cant differ more then 100 bucks

all these car dealers should do what saturn does and just have 1 price no matter what
Yea, I wish...then there wouldn't be any issues.

But yea, I just think that with adding all that, it seems to junk up the price.

My taxes ended up only being like 600 bucks although they would have been higher had I not had a trade. I paid the normal destination but it would have looked like an awesome price, if i posted my otd, and didn't talk about my tax savings due to trade in value.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Hmm...I guess I misread that he was looking at a base.

Yes, mine is an 09 Sport that I got for $15,565 plus destination, and TT&L. I got carpeted floormats, cargo tray and wheel locks thrown in.

They only had 2 09 sports in manual transmission and were trying to push them hard.
Yeah that's what I thought that you have a sport. Actually my reply was also a hint to the OP that he can get a Fit Sport close to the price that the dealer is asking for a Fit Base.

To the OP, I would suggest that you get a Fit Sport. It's just the extra money you add to it is very justifiable and you'll be happier. Just my 2c.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
I agree...there are some bad ass bases on here...but for me, sport was ftw.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I have been trying to talk down the dealers with the base and have had a lot of trouble. No one wants to budge, I think it has something to do with the 2010s coming in. Every dealer I have visited has had at most 2 '09 FITS. Im located in WNY where do you suggest I go to get the FIT Manual at a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Just get online...find dealers in your area, or that you are willing to go to...

Email them and ask them what Fit Sport Manuals they have and they're lowest price.

See what colors/options they have and if it's a price you can pay.

But with what I got mine for, you should be able to get a Sport for around that. I got mine about a month ago.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
See Ive done that. All day today I went to four dealerships in the area and called another an hour or so away and none will come close to that price. I'm thinking you just got one hell of a deal.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by nigelmoses
See Ive done that. All day today I went to four dealerships in the area and called another an hour or so away and none will come close to that price. I'm thinking you just got one hell of a deal.
Go to one dealer, let them run your credit as if your going for the deal then at the end turn it down and say you want to wait. Tell them that you're going to a different Honda Dealer that is close by and tell them that they may give you a better deal. They should not let you go because they already had you there for a while doing paper works, they don't want to lose the effort and time they gave to you and they will give you a better deal. Also they don't like customers going to a different dealer. If not then go to another dealer and do the same thing and tell the next dealer that this price $$$ is what the other dealer(mention the dealers name) is giving you and ask them if they can give you a better deal then you might buy from them. If that didn't work, try another dealer. The more the merrier because the dealer can see in their record that you have been to the other dealerships and you are really looking to buy a new car. Just be patient in buying and shop around.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Also I forgot to mention. Goodluck and please do yourself a favor, get the Sport model.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
yeah that is exactly what I did today word for word. I went to every dealer told them that this was the lowest price I have been offered today can you beat this price? No one would come close to the $14900 because they claimed it was exactly at invoice. I walked many a times telling them I was headed to other dealers in the area. I'm settling for the more honest of the two with the color that I want even though its $200 more. This woman just irks me the wrong way.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Uh, you probably got 4 speakers. Those ones on the dash have nothing inside unless it's a Sport.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by nigelmoses
yeah that is exactly what I did today word for word. I went to every dealer told them that this was the lowest price I have been offered today can you beat this price? No one would come close to the $14900 because they claimed it was exactly at invoice. I walked many a times telling them I was headed to other dealers in the area. I'm settling for the more honest of the two with the color that I want even though its $200 more. This woman just irks me the wrong way.
Actually if you get the car right at the invoice or close to the invoice price, it is a good deal.

Check out this link below for the invoice price of 2009 Fit's.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...cing-here.html