General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sport Security System

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Sport Security System

For those of you that bought the Sport:
Did your car come with a security system?

When I bought my Fit, there was going to be a $700 charge added for a security system. I didn't want to pay for it, so they gave me a paper to sign, saying that I authorized them to deactivate the system.

So, what I do have is keyless entry. Awesome, great... but today I was thinking about how my car should've come with a security system, since it's listed as STANDARD on the Honda specs page. I shouldn't have been asked to pay $700 on top of everything else, right?

I know one other forum member encountered the $700 fee too. Did anyone else? What did you do? Should I go back and have it activated?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Annie, that doesn't sound right. Like you said, I thought it came standard. Check page 126 of your owners manual. when you lock your door with your key remote on the sport model, there should be a flashing red light between your "high beam" dash light and your "brake light" light indicating your alarm is set. If there is a forced entry, your horn will sound and your lights will flash. my dealer didn't mention this once to me as an extra. I would call Honda and ask them and report this dealer.

They better not have deactivated the factory system.

Last edited by Karyn; 05-02-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that's bs. The specs say it should come with a security system.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Dam thats shady... I say go back and have them activate it. If not contact Honda's head quarters and see if they can assist you.
Does your key have the alarm buttons on it?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I would first check to see if there is a flashing red light in your dash display when you lock it with the remote. If it's flashing, I think your set. I doubt they would have the courage to actually disconnect it, but ya never know.

Last edited by Karyn; 05-02-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
I think you are talking about an entirely different "security system" that dealers use just to mark up a car. Your Fit does have a security system with an alarm. Unroll the drivers window, close the door, activate the alarm, wait 15 seconds and then open the car from the inside handel without de-activating the alarm. The horns will sound.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by KenClunk
I think you are talking about an entirely different "security system" that dealers use just to mark up a car. Your Fit does have a security system with an alarm. Unroll the drivers window, close the door, activate the alarm, wait 15 seconds and then open the car from the inside handel without de-activating the alarm. The horns will sound.
What else sets off the alarm besides breaking/bypassing the windows and opening the door with the inside handle?

Does impact or sound set off the alarm? Does it have different settings?

Annie, when you first bought your sport Fit, you didn't know the security system was listed as standard? You should get the dealer to fix it for you.

Last edited by artyin; 05-02-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I had to pay 500$ for an additional security system. I felt it was a good deal so i didn't deny it. It was for this computer chip below the steering wheel, which if not present, the engine will always die. I park in SF a lot, and i would get very sad if my fit becomes gone as i leave my gym

Make sure if you have or do not have osmething like this.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio
I had to pay 500$ for an additional security system. I felt it was a good deal so i didn't deny it. It was for this computer chip below the steering wheel, which if not present, the engine will always die. I park in SF a lot, and i would get very sad if my fit becomes gone as i leave my gym

yeah that's the additional security added on by the dealership.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by artyin
What else sets off the alarm besides breaking/bypassing the windows and opening the door with the inside handle?

Does impact or sound set off the alarm? Does it have different settings?
Honda oem alarms dont have shock/impact/tilt sensors.

You should however, be able to add a shock sensor to the oem alarm if you want to.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster

If you're talking about an immobilizer, both Fit trim levels come with this whether or not you have the security system. The security system IS included with the Sport model. You do not have to pay extra.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...?ModelName=Fit
Listed as "Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer"

I hope you both weren't screwed over by greedy dealerships

Old 05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Packy
If you're talking about an immobilizer, both Fit trim levels come with this whether or not you have the security system. The security system IS included with the Sport model. You do not have to pay extra.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...?ModelName=Fit
Listed as "Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer"

I hope you both weren't screwed over by greedy dealerships
are u sure that's what the immobilizer thing is? i thought immobilizer was something else.

edit: the imobiziler IS something else. Look on page 76 of manual. Immobilizer is a computer chip inside the key that is needed to be in proximity of the car, or else the engine wont' start. What i was referring to was a disc/chip, that is inserted in a slot under the steering wheel, that u can remove and hide it somewhere. Even if someone hotwires it (and also has the chip) this is chip would be another second line of defense.

Wow tho. I didn't know the security feature was this fancy!!! learn something about the fit everyday that impresses you! I guess the chip isn't really needed, cuz i can't imagine how anyone can get around the immobilizer defense anyway.

Last edited by Gordio; 05-02-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe the dealer already added some $700 package ...

Maybe the dealer already added some $700 additional security package
to the Fit Sport you bought off the lot. But since you didn't want
to pay for it, they just turned it off. You should still get the
Honda security system as specified in your manual and FIT Sport marketing
brochure.

That's the only thing I could think of .... other than that
they are some shady dealer ..... Why would a dealer want to jeapardize
their Honda franchise?

If you check the security system accessory at
CollegeHillsHonda, it seems like a bunch of cables and a small box...
costs only $120. Also they have a PDF which shows how it installs,
seems like a simple device. So the $700 is probably an additional
system the dealer wanted you to buy.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
when i was offered the additional alarm it was for some GPS tracking system that you can view where your car is online.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Someone that Posts too much
are u sure that's what the immobilizer thing is? i thought immobilizer was something else.

edit: the imobiziler IS something else. Look on page 76 of manual. Immobilizer is a computer chip inside the key that is needed to be in proximity of the car, or else the engine wont' start. What i was referring to was a disc/chip, that is inserted in a slot under the steering wheel, that u can remove and hide it somewhere. Even if someone hotwires it (and also has the chip) this is chip would be another second line of defense.

Wow tho. I didn't know the security feature was this fancy!!! learn something about the fit everyday that impresses you! I guess the chip isn't really needed, cuz i can't imagine how anyone can get around the immobilizer defense anyway.
And on page 126, you'll find "Security system" standard on Fit sport model.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by GoFit
And on page 126, you'll find "Security system" standard on Fit sport model.
yea, so thats two levels standard on the sport. The thing where the horn beeps (which is loud and annoying, more attention grabbing than the melodic ones u get from car shops). The second would be the chip.

The third is the one I got, which now that i thik of it is not necessary cuz i can't imagine how u can get around the chip

Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
The system that the dealer most likely deactivated is a secondary system that they install on all there vehicles to prevent theft from the car lot. If you do not want to pay for the system your dealer will deactivate it. My dealer does this and I paid $595 for the system which is a little much but it uses pressor sensors and works in cunjuction with the Honda system.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Just checked mine , security system works, I think what I signed a release for was the etching bs guarentee. Its the one if they dont find your car you get $2,500.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
go check

That's not right!! Your car should come with security system.

First, just like everybody say check it from your key, try to press the lock button on your key and press it again within 5 sec. if you here horn & the light flash that mean your security system does works. If nothing happen, you should go to your delear to ask them turn it back on for you. They have no right to turn it off, if they don't do that you can contract the head of Honda to report them this problem.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
I believe the security system being referred to is Lojack. I had to sign a form saying a declined the extended warranty and LoJack was included on that form as well....

Quick Reply: Sport Security System