General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sport Security System

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
From my conversations and understandings from 2 different dealerships the sport does come with a "security system" but it's not an alarm in the sense that if someone is messing with your car it will sound. It basically will prevent your car from being stolen and will sound if attempts are made to steal the vehicle, but not if someone lifts it up and steals your tires or whatever.

Both of my dealerships said I should add additional security if I lived in a not so good neighborhood (yes) and felt I needed it. And I know you guys are gonna think they just said that to make the sale, but the gal who ended up selling me the car said to just get an aftermarket alarm because it would probably be less expensive and better anyway.

Both models and most new cars nowadays come with the computer chip key which is suppose to be a theft deterrent and for $100 replacement it better do something. Somehow that's making me feel a little better and now that I'm broke I'll wait till the next paycheck to get the alarm. In the meantime I'm parking about a block away from my place, ha ha.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:09 PM
So you park on the street?

Hatch.
do you park on the street or in a garage 1 block away?
Is the neighborhood safer one block away?

Old 05-03-2006, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatchgeek
From my conversations and understandings from 2 different dealerships the sport does come with a "security system" but it's not an alarm in the sense that if someone is messing with your car it will sound. It basically will prevent your car from being stolen and will sound if attempts are made to steal the vehicle, but not if someone lifts it up and steals your tires or whatever.
No Honda oem alarm has a tilt sensor. The closest thing is a glass breakage sensor that you can get with the CR-V.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCustomer
Hatch.
do you park on the street or in a garage 1 block away?
Is the neighborhood safer one block away?
I live on a main st. so anything away from the cars and foot traffic is safer. I'm just tired of broken windows and hit & runs. Three of my more recent cars (the Hondas no less) were magnets for troublemakers.

No garage, just nicer homes and more caring people a block away.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I have the key that has a lock, unlock, and panic button. My car does have the little red flashing light that indicates the security system is on. It DOES flash when I lock my car.

Originally Posted by KenClunk
Unroll the drivers window, close the door, activate the alarm, wait 15 seconds and then open the car from the inside handel without de-activating the alarm. The horns will sound.
I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow morning to try this, because I don't want to wake the neighborhood. We'll see. *crosses fingers*

Old 05-03-2006, 11:57 AM
It worked! It totally scared the bejeezus out of me too, because I wasn't expecting it to have an alarm, lol. Hooray, I didn't get gipped by my dealer. Thanks guys for clearing it up.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I loathe any type of mainstream car dealer. They're just swarmy and out to get you for anything they can. I bet if you had paid te 700 dollars you'd be getting nothing. They didn't de-activate a thing. They're not going to install a 200 dollar alarm and then de-activate it and let you drive off. If they installed anything that they are selling for 700 and you don't want it, they'd take it off.
If anything dealers are cheap. They're not going to be out 10 dollars on a vehicle if they can help it.

I hate Honda dealers!

If you want good service going forward on non warranty issues such as oil changes, etc.. Take your Fit to an Acura dealer. I've never seen an Acura dealer turn away a Honda owner.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
We talked about the Sport alarm system in this thread.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...light=security

Very weak IMO.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I bought the base model and it didn't come with security. I'm sure my car does not have security alarm (it doesn't even have keyless entry! ;p) But on my cd deck the anti-theft light flashes. Anyone know what it means?

Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I think it has to do with the chip in the key. It's a security feature but it's not any kind of alarm. However, without the chip key they won't be able to steal the car, so in that sense there is a little bit of security on the base model.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
It means that if it is disconnected, you have to enter a code to get it going again. The code was included in your packet of stuff when you got your car.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by liangjp
I bought the base model and it didn't come with security. I'm sure my car does not have security alarm (it doesn't even have keyless entry! ;p) But on my cd deck the anti-theft light flashes. Anyone know what it means?
Well Honda/Acura stereos usually require a passcode if you unplug the power. The light is to tell thieves that if stolen, the radio wont plug and play unless they have the numerical password.

Last edited by corey415; 05-03-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Or contact a dealer and get the number.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Hey girl mine came standard...

Old 05-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Here's my take on things. As a honda Technician, I can say that it's true, your vehicles don't come with an alarm. As for which models actually come with them, I'm not sure, I'm not a sales guy. But I did run into this situation one time when I was doing a pre delivery inspection. I had a CRV which the sticker said had a security system. But when we tried it, it didn't work, only the immobilzer worked. Then later that day, I came around to installing an alarm system in a CRV. It was just some little box that needed to be plugged in.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:47 AM
The Sport model comes witht he standard alarm that everyone's talking about (open the door without the proper key and the horn will sound). The extra is for a chip to enable the shock sensor. Supossedly the alarm will sound if somebody jacks it up too although I don't see this in the paperwork, just what the dealer said. According to the alarm paperwork I got, they come with this from the factory to protect them on the lot. If you don't pay the extra, they take the chip out. Part of the price is for full replacement guaranty. If the car is stolen within 3 years the alarm company (KARR) will pay the difference between what your insurance company gives you and the price of a brand new Fit Sport.
Pretty lousy that they charge you so much for an option that comes stock from the factory. I paid $400.00 for mine. WhenI asked how long it would take to get it installed the dealer said aboput 30 seconds.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
I have checked my car, there is an alarm all wired into the car still, even after I told them I did not want it, which means they just disabled it, although its still there, I have a weird little box screwed into my dash on the right side at the bottom, seems to be a sensor of some kind, under the dash by the steering column is a another box with the harness that is all wired into my fuse box. It has a green dial that has a "min" and "max" setting. I want to figure out how to turn this back on as when they were trying to sell this too me they said it had proximity alerts, level detection, shatter sensors etc..... anyone have a clue how to re-activate it?

Originally Posted by Kenper
The Sport model comes witht he standard alarm that everyone's talking about (open the door without the proper key and the horn will sound). The extra is for a chip to enable the shock sensor. Supossedly the alarm will sound if somebody jacks it up too although I don't see this in the paperwork, just what the dealer said. According to the alarm paperwork I got, they come with this from the factory to protect them on the lot. If you don't pay the extra, they take the chip out. Part of the price is for full replacement guaranty. If the car is stolen within 3 years the alarm company (KARR) will pay the difference between what your insurance company gives you and the price of a brand new Fit Sport.
Pretty lousy that they charge you so much for an option that comes stock from the factory. I paid $400.00 for mine. WhenI asked how long it would take to get it installed the dealer said aboput 30 seconds.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Darqnez
I have checked my car, there is an alarm all wired into the car still, even after I told them I did not want it, which means they just disabled it, although its still there, I have a weird little box screwed into my dash on the right side at the bottom, seems to be a sensor of some kind, under the dash by the steering column is a another box with the harness that is all wired into my fuse box. It has a green dial that has a "min" and "max" setting. I want to figure out how to turn this back on as when they were trying to sell this too me they said it had proximity alerts, level detection, shatter sensors etc..... anyone have a clue how to re-activate it?
It takes a small chip that is put into the little box under the dash then they press the alarm button, key on then off, some kind of sequence. This is what they charge you all the money for. It takes about a minute for them to do it. I don't know of any other way to activate it. I paid $400 dollars to have this done.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:45 AM
I just can't trust any of those people who work at car dealers. They all try to cheat on you. I just got my Fit sport a week ago, total coast of the car is over $27,000 with 7% sales tax, 9.7% financing charge, $22,000 extend warrenties etc., This is really rediculous!! I wasn't intend to buy it at that day. When I told the sales guy " I have to go pick up my friend." Then he started to hurry things up. He said " You can drive home with a new car within 50min. So, I told him " I will take the car with price of $16,500 drive out." He said " You got your self a deal!" Then sales maneger started to let me sign all the papers without explain to me. I couldn't even see the total price, because he fold the contract paper to hide the price before I sign all the papers. Then he show me the price which come out with over $27,000. I was like "what the F..!" Then I told him " I'm not paying $27 grand for a small compact car." I end up decieded to pay it off the car that day, and told them to take out all the extend warrenties servies contract. Then I paid total amount of $18,500, but still didn't get any discount. I did saved $8,500! I could've end up paying $27k. For those of people who live in Atlanat, GA trying to buy a new car at Honda. Don't go Curry Honda! It's a worst place to buy a car.

Last edited by mysuifit07; 06-26-2007 at 03:04 AM.