General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

how about a chart?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
how about a chart?

I was wondering if anybody would like to work on a chart of standard features and/or available OEM options.. or if one might already exist.

I'm particularly interested in seeing what standard features are in other countries and/or areas..

Some posts had mentioned how Honda 'stripped down' the Fit for the US market.. and I'm wondering what exactly that means in comparison to other markets. In addition, I was reading the books that came with the fit and saw that for example, in Canada there is an extra storage compartment in the trunk area, and that Canadians get heated mirrors, etc. In addition, I noticed that everybody else practically gets CVT.

I was thinking that such a chart could be done on wikipedia using some sort of template. As an example of a feature comparison chart, there is the CECB (tv converter box) chart: Comparison of CECB units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks

Old 08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by interestingstuff
I was wondering if anybody would like to work on a chart of standard features and/or available OEM options.. or if one might already exist.

I'm particularly interested in seeing what standard features are in other countries and/or areas..

Some posts had mentioned how Honda 'stripped down' the Fit for the US market.. and I'm wondering what exactly that means in comparison to other markets. In addition, I was reading the books that came with the fit and saw that for example, in Canada there is an extra storage compartment in the trunk area, and that Canadians get heated mirrors, etc. In addition, I noticed that everybody else practically gets CVT.

I was thinking that such a chart could be done on wikipedia using some sort of template. As an example of a feature comparison chart, there is the CECB (tv converter box) chart: Comparison of CECB units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks

The honda brochure has just such a chart.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
The honda brochure has just such a chart.
Well, the Honda Fit brochure I have does have a chart with some of these details.. and may be a good place to start with for information to base a chart on, however, it seems to just have a break-down between the Base Fit and the Sport Fit as available in the US.

What I'm interested in is a chart that would detail all the differences and available options across different markets, and different available models in those markets.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i guess my question is why?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i guess my question is why?
1) curiosity
2) ease of reference
3) knowing what is available from what markets so that one can possibly adapt OEM parts, features, accessories, etc. from different markets.

As I stated in my original posting just reading through my honda fit manual I learned that Canadians get heated mirrors, have an extra storage compartment in their trunk, and have different models. In addition, possibly through ff.net I learned that pretty much everywhere else outside the US has CVT. In addition to all of this, partly this was a reaction to being curious about how the Honda Fit was "stripped down" for the US market as mentioned in other threads. I've also read with curiosity some of the threads on people working on turning their USDM Fits into JDM models, and would like to see a simple clear list of what is different, and what is available elsewhere.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member

thanks
If you start making that chart the way you want the info displayed, the rest of us could fill in info from other parts of the world...

Old 08-19-2009, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Well, the Honda Fit brochure I have does have a chart with some of these details.. and may be a good place to start with for information to base a chart on, however, it seems to just have a break-down between the Base Fit and the Sport Fit as available in the US.

What I'm interested in is a chart that would detail all the differences and available options across different markets, and different available models in those markets.

Ah, so you want a comparison of Fits in Asian, European, and other markets.
Google Fit in Asias or WEngland or whereever and they'll have a brochure there so you can compare. Our Fit comes in last virtually in every market

Here's one I can vouch for: The Nissan Sentra SER with paddled 6 spd CVT gets the same mpg as my Fit in suburbia in spite of having only a little less than double the power and 20% more weight. Except on the inserstarte where te Fit indeed does get 5 mpg better.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F0NIX
If you start making that chart the way you want the info displayed, the rest of us could fill in info from other parts of the world...
I would do this except that I am not aware enough yet of all the potential differences. It would be hard to make a chart with little to no knowledge to build it around. I would be willing to partner with a few people however.

So, unexpected differences I know about so far: [Note, I am not listing the obvious here like VSA, Navi, body styling, alloy wheels, etc.]

Fit 09 Base Model (USA):
Has external locks on hatch and front passenger door. (Fit sport model does not.)
Has automatic remote keyless entry unit, but does not come with transmitter keys.
Does not have driver armrest

Fit 09 Sport Model (USA):
Has Driver armrest
No passenger or hatch lock

Fit 09 Canadian LX Model:
Has Driver armrest

Fit 09 Canadian Models with Automatic Transmissions:
Cargo Floor Box in Cargo area

Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Dagnamit! I just lost a huge post.

You'll find a whole lot of variances, more than you thought there were. Start here:
Honda Jazz Range & Specifications | 2009, 2008

Scroll down to the bottom to review the Fit brochure and the Fit Accessories brochure. Or click around on the site.

You can view each country individually here:
Honda Worldwide : Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.
by clicking on the pop up country menu under Honda Around The World.

Not all sites are updated to 2010.

Darn, I want that long post back. Grrrr.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Honda Jazz | Book Test Drive | Specification, Finance & Information
Here are some things the UK Jazz have:

From the S (basic) model honda jazz:
Height adjustable driver seat

ES model has:

VSA

Electric adjustable, retractable and heated door mirrors with integrated indicators [does retractable mean that they electronically/automatically retract rather than just fold in manually? I believe 'integrated indicators means 'winkies' or 'flashers' as some people call them.]

Flexible two tier cargo boot [What does this mean? I mean I know a boot means 'trunk' or in the case of the fit/jazz the hatchback/cargo space.. but what does 'two tier' mean in this context? hmmm it looks like it's just a tray/cargo net that sits up higher, but their brochure also mentions an "under floor boot tray"]

steering wheel audio controls [yet another vehicle without navi, but with steering wheel audio controls.]

Refrigerated top glove box [WOAH! What the heck do they need this for anyways? Is their glove box bigger, too? Is this real refrigeration or is the a/c just vented into it??]

EX has:

Panoramic glass roof

Climate controlled air conditioning (does this mean automatic/electronic control?)

Automatic rain sensing windscreen wipers

Automatic headlights with dusk sensors [this would be nice to have, IMO.]

Rear centre armrest

Driver's seatback pocket [I was always wondering why they have one on the passenger seat but not the driver seat... I mean is a piece of cloth really that difficutl?]

And on the models that it's available:
"Alternatively, the 1.4 litre i–VTEC model is also available with our advanced 6–speed i–SHIFT technology, Honda’s automated manual gearbox. It provides 6 speeds in either manual or fully automated mode. So decide your driving preference and let the Jazz lead the way."

Their ceiling light also is positioned much further in the boot/rear passenger area behind the panoramic roof. There is also another item up there further back that I am not sure what it is in the brochure pictures.. perhaps an additional seatbelt component for child seats like we have the latch in the US? But it looks quite different.

Their USB connector is also mounted next to the power outlet. And the power outlet in the brochure actually has a cigarette lighter in it!

From their brochure another interesting tidbit: "To help drivers maintain fuel efficiency, the manual models also come with a Shift Indicator Lamp (SIL) in the rev counter. This advises the driver as to when they should shift up or down through the gears to optimise fuel economy." (The picture shown is lit and you can clearly see "up" and "down".)

I'm not sure if we have some of this or not (some of the braking stuff sounds... extra...):

"Conventional thinking says cars are either manual
or automatic, but at Honda our thinking goes
further. Both the 1.2 and 1.4 litre i-VTEC engines
are available with a conventional 5-speed manual
transmission that delivers excellent levels of
economy and performance. Alternatively the 1.4
litre i-VTEC model is also available with our
advanced 6-speed i-SHIFT technology, Honda’s
automated manual gearbox. It provides six
speeds in either manual or fully automated mode.
With i-SHIFT in automatic mode, gear changes
are made automatically.
The i-SHIFT 6-speed transmission option comes
with Hill Start Assist. The system helps to
prevent the car from rolling back when trying to
pull away. It engages automatically and holds the
car for up to one second after the brake is
released, giving the driver time to apply the
accelerator. Front and rear disc brakes ensure
road stability which is further enhanced by the
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic
Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Emergency
Brake Assist (EBA). Whatever the road
conditions, the Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
helps smooth the way. So decide your driving
preference and let the Jazz lead the way."

One available option is "rear parking sensors".

A nav system is available (with bluetooth) but it doesn't look like much more than a small unit stcuk on something you stick to your dash kind of like any typical aftermarket 3rd party unit. (I dont know about the BT part of it.)

Old 09-08-2009, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
now, going to build a UK model jazz S... one finds that VSA is a 210 pound option... can you believe that?!

There are also lots of interesting accessories (including roof racks, and tow bars) that we don't get in the US... but we can save those for later...

Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
OMG, I just lost another huge post, thanks to dragging and dropping an image from the Australian site. I'm an idiot. I have a really crappy mouse that sometimes double clicks on it's own.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member

I think I figured out my error. If I drag the picture and don't get it right in the message area, it loads the full-size image and wipes out my post

test...

They don't have the blue accents for their options, they have red accents. But also have blue interiors.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 09-08-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Australia again:

Sport grille color matched:

Spoiler:

Their side skirt:

Rear under spoiler:

Front under spoiler:

Now your car can look just like a base, with carbon-fiber look:

Old 09-08-2009, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
test...blue seat:

Old 09-08-2009, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
OMG, I just lost another huge post, thanks to dragging and dropping an image from the Australian site. I'm an idiot. I have a really crappy mouse that sometimes double clicks on it's own.
Sometimes it helps to compose a message in an offline text editor and then cut and paste it back into here (or wherever else you are composing.)

Also, try to stick with text descriptions referencing all the data you can (model number(s), etc.), and give urls for images where needed.. that way you don't have to worry, and you fully describe something as best as possible, and in a year or two when honda pulls or moves the old images.. you're not stuck with non-existent or incorrect images (unless you download them and host them elsewhere.)

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Sometimes it helps to compose a message in an offline text editor and then cut and paste it back into here (or wherever else you are composing.)

Also, try to stick with text descriptions referencing all the data you can (model number(s), etc.), and give urls for images where needed.. that way you don't have to worry, and you fully describe something as best as possible, and in a year or two when honda pulls or moves the old images.. you're not stuck with non-existent or incorrect images (unless you download them and host them elsewhere.)
Yeah, I was doing some testing. Trying to figure out what happened with my posts.

If you look at some of the sites, you'll see they haven't updated to 2010. Others are listed as being The 2008/2009 Fit (both GE). It might be good to focus on a specific year and use the data ONLY from that year.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Australia again:

Sport grille color matched:

Spoiler:

Their side skirt:

Rear under spoiler:

Front under spoiler:

Now your car can look just like a base, with carbon-fiber look:
Those pics are accessories, the regular Jazz doesn't have those.

Some things we do have that USDM doesn't:

GLi -
1.3l engine (same as UK 1.4),
Rear disc brakes
Optional reversing sensors
remote central locking standard
rear anti-roll bar (probably better spec suspension tune generally)
JDM taillights
JDM short nose
proper full size spare wheel.
International spec airbags that don't assume you won't be wearing a seatbelt
blueish seat fabric
AU standard child restraint anchors in the roof (stronger than USDM)

VTi- same as GLi plus:
1.5l engine same as USDM
Steering wheel audio controls
Alarm
Trip Computer/Info display system including speed alarm

VTi-S - (roughly equivalent to Sport) same as VTi Plus:
16" Mag wheels (same as USDM sport)
Body kit (different to USDM one)
Cruise control
Black seats
leather steering wheel (Same as USDM)

Things we miss out on compared to USDM:
Navi option
VSA
USB socket
TPMS (yay!)
Rear spoiler on VTi-S
Auto rear wiper function when selecting reverse (would have liked this)
Programmable locking functions(ie ability to set to auto lock/unlock)
extra storage in the trunk (because that's where the proper spare wheel is)

Other than that, and the steering wheel being on the other side, it's much the same only shorter.