General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Stock sport HU and speaker questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Stock sport HU and speaker questions.

Hey everyone, just ordered a pioneer DD head unit after about 3 weeks of reading through a million threads in the ICE subforum.

I had my dad listen to the system (sound/electronics engineer) and he said that he thinks the stock head unit seems like it has power but the problem is the speakers and lack of sub. I purchased a head unit after reading from everyone that it makes a huge difference.

So since after making a post on it and looking for the specs on the stock HU that no one seems to know. I want to know how the stock head unit specs compares to what is out on the market but all anyone knows about the darn thing is that it is 200 watts (which is peak power and completely useless info).

Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
all ive ever read is that the headunit isnt very good. and yeah, what exactly does the "200 watts" mean lol.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
i dont know how to explain it much.. But even with upgraded speakers (i have new tweeters and sub), it will only sound so good. They lack refinement and adjustability. Trust me JUST changing the headunit alone yield a huge improvement in clarity and i believe a little more bass too if wanted. (this is after hearing one)

Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by FitPilot
Hey everyone, just ordered a pioneer DD head unit after about 3 weeks of reading through a million threads in the ICE subforum.

I had my dad listen to the system (sound/electronics engineer) and he said that he thinks the stock head unit seems like it has power but the problem is the speakers and lack of sub. I purchased a head unit after reading from everyone that it makes a huge difference.

So since after making a post on it and looking for the specs on the stock HU that no one seems to know. I want to know how the stock head unit specs compares to what is out on the market but all anyone knows about the darn thing is that it is 200 watts (which is peak power and completely useless info).

Seeing as how i don't know the exact specs on the stock head unit, the advantage to purchasing a after market head unit, is the RMS output to the speakers, option to add Amp/Sub, Amp/Speakers, and the adjustment of the Highs, Mids, and Lows...

Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
if you put in a new head unit, can you still use the ipod cable?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Fitpilot- if your car is the sport trim then your speakers are fine...well unless you're demanding a lot of bass.

the problem with the factory HU is it's very limited on the eq.
but the GD had even worse eq so if you have a GE you're much better off. i swapped out the HU on my GD and it actually sounds great. the GE's HU is good enough for the wife so i havent really thought about changing anything. during the last long trip in the GE i think it's not too bad.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 PM
I have a GD sport. I listen to my music flat and the highs over-whelm the other ranges in this car. I want a full sound, so i will see how the new HU does and if not i will get new speakers.