General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

R.I.P my lovable Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Sorry about the car. That was the way I lost my first car, except the other driver was drunk and I was going about 50 MPH. It's great that old cars were built like tanks. The neck and back stiffness will go away after a while.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by wil524
The neck and back stiffness will go away after a while.
Or get worse...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry about the car. Glad you're okay! Good luck with the parts.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
So the loan I applied for got declined, because I am collecting unemployment right now. How am I supposed to get a job with no car now?? Even better, how do I get a car with no job????

Unemployment pays me pretty well, but apparently it's not enough for my bank. I'm pretty ****ed, and it's this girls' fault. I do not pity her at all.
Not to be a dick, but frankly, if you're collecting unemployment, maybe a $13k car isn't a good fit for you right now? Get some cheap transportation, lock down a job, get out of the system, THEN apply for a loan for the car you want.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
OH MY GAWD...

very sad! one of the reasons why i dont wanna put too much money on my Fit. So many bad drivers out there, never know when it could happen.

glad you're okay!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
here's my opinion (Which is pretty accurate considering how fresh out of the system i am)

the driver's test and driver's ed is WAY TOO EASY!!!! i only got 1 point on my driver's test when i feel as a driver I am not that skilled yet, and having seen some of the other people at my high school (or with them) i know that there is no way in hell they should be behind the wheel of a car.

we should have to take driving instruction from a professional for a min. of one year which would teach us how to handle as many scenarios as possible (weather wise, other drivers, etc.) as well as teach how to handle the car well

finally the driver's test should be the same type of stuff as the class just on a higher level as to keep moron's out of cars

it is my believe that you are born a good or a bad driver, and that if you don't care about cars you shouldn't drive them because if you don't care you won't focus thus leading to bad situations such as tranced.....

holy long post batman (for me)
There's a way that it could be made FUN. Something like a combination of Disneyland's Autobahn and Malibu Grand Prix.

That annoying center track from Disneyland to keep cars from running off the road. But the goal is to keep the car between the lines. Points could be accumulated. Varying degrees of difficulty or different tracks/roads.

There could be an obstacle course (still with the track to keep the car from crashing or sliding) and that kind of pop-up moving obstacle as seen in police movies, like Dirty Harry (for shooting testing). With pop-up rolling balls or kids that appear from nowhere that the person on the track would have to avoid.

If they hit it, it just falls over, no big deal on a test track. People could learn about all kinds of challenges in a very safe, protected environment.

The car will NOT go out of control and crash, with that center bar. If someone started to skid on a wet patch, no crash. They just hit that middle bumper. And have to do the course again until they DON'T hit the middle bumper.

People could accumulate HOURS of driving time without putting anyone on the real roads at a risk.

People could overcome fears or problem aspects. Man-made ice patches and sandy or gravel areas. Driving at night.

Areas to learn to drive a stick and get over hills.

It would be FUN too. And a whole lot safer than being on the streets.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I've realized I'm a lot more nervous than usual while driving now. Being close to anyone on the road just freaks me out. On the highway, I feel the need to pass everybody and be alone at the front or else I feel like I'm in danger. I literally am scared of everyone on the road. I can't hold a conversation with passengers because I'm so concentrated on my surroundings. I've always been like that sort of, but it's even worse now. People suck, you never know what the hell they're doing/thinking.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I've realized I'm a lot more nervous than usual while driving now. Being close to anyone on the road just freaks me out. On the highway, I feel the need to pass everybody and be alone at the front or else I feel like I'm in danger. I literally am scared of everyone on the road. I can't hold a conversation with passengers because I'm so concentrated on my surroundings. I've always been like that sort of, but it's even worse now. People suck, you never know what the hell they're doing/thinking.
I was like that for about a month after my accident, you'll feel normal again in a while now.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
I've been rear-ended a couple times, and even though it was over 20 years ago, I'm STILL freaked out when someone gets too close to my back end. Or approaches from the rear too fast.

Because of the accidents, I became much more cautious. I already had been like that, but more so afterwords. Like you.

I want to be as predictable as possible on the road. Turn signals always. Even in the middle of the night with no one else on the road. Slowing down well in advance, as well as speed limit and complete stops and all the other stuff that we're supposed to do (that too many people do NOT do).

Plenty of following distance. Being a courteous driver and letting other people in to my lane, including and especially big rigs and motorcycles.

This law-abiding stance usually gets me the finger from people behind me that want me to HURRY UP AND GO. That kind of attitude of theirs will lead them right into an accident eventually.

I'd much rather be around cautious and courteous drivers than careless and aggressive drivers. It makes the drive much easier for everyone, if everyone cooperates.

I do tend to avoid rush hour/commute traffic times. For the simple reason that the less cars there are on the road, the easier it is for all of us to get where we're going without bashing into each other. Or making each other mad.

Just take it easy for awhile.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah I hate when I'm around those crazy people in a rush for no reason. People take driving for granted and it's terrible. I truly believe a 20-30mph collision should be part of the driving exam. Just a little taste of what can happen out there.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I hate when I'm around those crazy people in a rush for no reason. People take driving for granted and it's terrible. I truly believe a 20-30mph collision should be part of the driving exam. Just a little taste of what can happen out there.
There are lots of online sites that could be used, and parents should be involved with their kids when the kids are learning to drive.

Here's a Probability Wheel where a person can see how what they do affects the chances of getting in an accident.
Impact Teen Drivers

Likewise, their photo gallery has some pretty graphic images...that ain't strawberry jam on the seats:
Impact Teen Drivers

I am NEVER in THAT much of a hurry to get anywhere. And if people get mad because I drive slowly (as in the speed limit, LOL), safely, predictably, that's fine. Because I know that I might actually save THEIR lives too.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to see you lose your Fit. Did you already pick up a different car?

I once backed up into a fire hydrant at like 4 mph and even then it felt bone-jarring. I can't imagine what a 40+ mph collision feels like, hope you get better soon.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I haven't found a car, though I'm tempted to fly for what I want. I don't just get a car to get one. I'm super-picky. Here's what I got:

1993 Del Sol Si 139k mi $2795 Samba Green (same exact car I had before the Fit, great on gas, headturner, removable top)

Honda : Del Sol:eBay Motors (item 290337971730 end time Aug-17-09 23:49:23 PDT)

And a 1993 MR2 Turbo 106k mi $2500 I am afraid the price is going to shoot up in the next few days, but HOPEFULLY not!! (fast, clean in&out, also rare)

Toyota : MR2:eBay Motors (item 280383858454 end time Aug-17-09 18:00:00 PDT)

Last edited by trancedsailor; 08-12-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
i saw a post on these forums, i believe in a thread about being cautious of getting rocks in your AC condenser. Someone said they observe the X-second rule and another poster said that's the length of 6 semis and that's utterly ridiculous and they're slowing everyone down etc. Even if i were texting and doing my makeup (which i don't), I would have time to stop if I were 6 semi's behind the next guy. The further you are, the safer you are.

I drive 60mph, and you'd be surprised how little stress there is compared to doing 65. There's hardly any traffic because people just move around you. With the exception of the one or two cars who tag along behind you for the whole trip, but give you plenty of space. I love those people. They don't ride my ass and they protect my bumper. You still have to watch for people approaching quickly tho.
When you're going 65, there are plenty of people going slower than you, so you'll have to dart into the left lane to pass. That 5mph seems to be the difference around here between letting traffic pass you by, and getting stuck in the middle of it.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't found a car, though I'm tempted to fly for what I want. I don't just get a car to get one. I'm super-picky. Here's what I got:

1993 Del Sol Si 139k mi $2795 Samba Green (same exact car I had before the Fit, great on gas, headturner, removable top)

Honda : Del Sol:eBay Motors (item 290337971730 end time Aug-17-09 23:49:23 PDT)

And a 1993 MR2 Turbo 106k mi $2500 I am afraid the price is going to shoot up in the next few days, but HOPEFULLY not!! (fast, clean in&out, also rare)

Toyota : MR2:eBay Motors (item 280383858454 end time Aug-17-09 18:00:00 PDT)
Way better mpg on the Honda, 25/30/27 Regular gas.
MR2 18/25/20 Premium gas.

I'm not that familiar with the versions of the Del Sol. But here is one that is close to you, not that same green though:
1997 Honda Del Sol in CLIFTON , NJ 07013: Coupe Details - 266434872 - AutoTrader.com

Old 08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
it's a 97 though, I appreciate your help I like the 93-95 style more:

vs

I like the extra little light in the front lol for some reason I hate the 96-97 models. I'm thinkin I'll just get the one in Chicago and deal with the rust until I can afford to get it chipped/sanded/painted

Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
it's a 97 though, I appreciate your help I like the 93-95 style more:

vs

I like the extra little light in the front lol for some reason I hate the 96-97 models. I'm thinkin I'll just get the one in Chicago and deal with the rust until I can afford to get it chipped/sanded/painted
Check the Edmunds used search, I used 500 miles distance. There's a red 94 that has pretty low miles, in Bedford Hills, N.Y.
$5,000

Mileage: 79,471

Also a red 93 in Windber Pa,
$8,495

Mileage: 77,382

The first one is closer, and costs less. They are both more than the Samba Green, but they also have 60,000 fewer miles on the engine!

Depending on your driving habits, you could keep that car for years and years!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
But I <3 Samba Green lol

1994 Honda Del Sol in ALEXANDRIA , VA 22303: Coupe Details - 266071412 - AutoTrader.com

offered that guy $3,000 he's asking $3,500

I'm not trying to go over $4,000 since I'm kinda broke right now..

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
But I <3 Samba Green lol

1994 Honda Del Sol in ALEXANDRIA , VA 22303: Coupe Details - 266071412 - AutoTrader.com

offered that guy $3,000 he's asking $3,500

I'm not trying to go over $4,000 since I'm kinda broke right now..
How do you feel about a salvage vehicle? They don't show any pictures, say it's salvage due to theft. You'd definitely want to check it out, do the CarFax thing and have them send you photos:
1995 Honda Del Sol in Riverside, CA 92507: Coupe Details - 263797071 - AutoTrader.com

Edit add-on: I just looked up the colors, and it wouldn't be Samba Green! It would be Paradise Blue-Green Pearl

Reference:
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-tr...ors-84828.html
and:
http://www.teamdelsol.com/technical/faq/Colors/

But if it's for a daily driver and you need it cheap, maybe it would do? Check your insurance people too to be sure they'd insure a salvage vehicle.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-12-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 PM
don't want salvage title ;|

and the light green is Samba!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
don't want salvage title ;|

and the light green is Samba!
Would the green wheels fit the Samba green car? Would they match?

Edit add-on: Don't mind me, I just really like looking things up...

$2,499 Mileage 126,000 Body Style Convertible Exterior Color Black Interior Color Black Engine 4 Cylinder Transmission Manual
  • Driver Air Bag
  • Anti-Lock Brakes
  • Air Conditioning

• Cruise Control
  • CD Player
  • Rear Window Defroster

• Power Door Locks
  • Power Mirrors
  • Power Windows
Highway miles, Ice cold A/C, Looks & runs great, No accidents, Non-smoker, Power everything, Runs & drives great,5 speed very economic on gas $2499.

http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/vd...standard=false

The salvage one I posted earlier is now gone. The one above is only a couple hundred more than the salvage title was.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-13-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply: R.I.P my lovable Fit...