General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

R.I.P my lovable Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What's still left, can you update us?

What's spoken for?

p.s. I showed both my sons what's left of your car and they were stunned, asked if you were hurt, and then said it sucks for all your mods. They also wanted to know if you were getting another Fit. I had to tell them "No." He's leaving us....wah!

Last edited by Juliane; 08-05-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I didn't get a ticket, but I got the accident report yesterday. The person at fault is 17, she had her license for 2 months!!!! And it was her mom's 2003 Hyundai Elantra LOL I bet she won't be allowed to drive for a LONG time.

Only thing sold so far from the link in my sig (I need to edit this thread's first page) is the Skunk2 exhaust that I just got done taking off the car. Everything else listed is for sale. I supposedly have a guy sending me everything OEM that I require except wheels/tires, so that's pretty awesome.

Thanks for your concern, and yeah, I'm not getting another Fit lol an S2000 suits me better. I had no reason for all that room, but I did love the car..

Old 08-05-2009, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Awwwww...I kinda feel sorry for her, what a shame to get in that kind of accident, but it's why the insurance rates are so freaking high for teenagers! She was unqualified for the situation she was in, not sure I would have done better, but...

What does the Spoon antenna look like? Probably the only thing I can afford anyway...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
It is sold as of 5 minutes ago lol sorry

So the loan I applied for got declined, because I am collecting unemployment right now. How am I supposed to get a job with no car now?? Even better, how do I get a car with no job????

Unemployment pays me pretty well, but apparently it's not enough for my bank. I'm pretty ****ed, and it's this girls' fault. I do not pity her at all.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Be paitent, when the insurance pays you off you'll be getting a check for the amount of the car (minus the amount to pay off the rest of the car)

Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
crap that sucks trancedsailor. also try credit unions as well... i hear sometimes they are more forgiving.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
eesh, that's terrible news.. sorry to hear it

this is why i never try and time stoplights. there are way too many dumb asses on the road trying to beat a red light just to save a few minutes -- little to their knowledge, chances are they'll hit the next red light anyway.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, he'll be getting a check for the difference. Only a few thousand probably. That still doesn't get him a loan to get into a car. Good luck, man. Try some other places, credit unions. See if your insurance company can get you hooked up with a loan? Mine was going to buy my replacement car for me and deliver it but I asked them not to cause I wanted to buy new again.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 AM
my bank is Navy Federal Credit Union. What's funny is they asked me if I'm still in the navy when I called them to ask for the loan. Since I got the Fit when I was still in, they didn't realize I had gotten out. But I've been paying the payments since I've been out, so why can't they give me a loan? They're scared. For no reason.

I really need OEM wheels so I can get the ruined Fit out of the driveway and see if the bank will give me a new loan once they are aware that the Fit is the insurance's problem. BTW I owe $13,800 on the Fit so I'm pretty sure I won't get any money back, I just hope I won't have to OWE anything. The adjuster said I probably won't, but we'll see.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Damn, this thread is pissing me off. I don't like ignorant/stupid drivers.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
young drivers too. The driving age should go up to 21 if you ask me.

Teen driver crashes are the leading cause of death for our nation’s youth.

She could've killed me if I was doing 10 or 20mph more than I was. Sure I'd be breaking the speed limit, but I'd still have the right of way, only I'd be DEAD.

Good website on teen driver stats Statistics on Young Drivers : DO NOT MIGRATE Keeping Young Drivers Safe - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
While it may be a statistic anyone can cause accidents. It is just that most "teen" drivers are inexperienced. If you move the age to 21 then that statistic would move accordingly to the 21-22 age group.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
yeah I guess. There needs to be a better system though

Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
yeah I guess. There needs to be a better system though
I agree. Probably getting way off topic, but currently driver education in the US consists entirely of "rules of the road" and there's pretty much nothing about managing risk or driving defensively. Driver training may not need to be as comprehensive as pilot training, but it should be a hell of a lot more comprehensive than our current "You stay on the right side of the yellow line" training.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
The driving test is way too easy. My 10 year old sister can pass it blindfolded. I say get a permit at 16, take SEVERAL driving tests and lessons on accident avoidance, and then get their license at age 18 after they pass several rigorous driving tests. I see so many 16 year olds leaning back looking through the rear passenger window weaving and bouncing through traffic trying to impress people, accidents waiting to happen.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Wow, just read this thread- sorry to hear about the accident.
Glad to hear you're okay. Be sure and take care of any accident related issues with your neck/whiplash etc now. Hope you're feeling better and best of luck in getting a car!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned
here's my opinion (Which is pretty accurate considering how fresh out of the system i am)

the driver's test and driver's ed is WAY TOO EASY!!!! i only got 1 point on my driver's test when i feel as a driver I am not that skilled yet, and having seen some of the other people at my high school (or with them) i know that there is no way in hell they should be behind the wheel of a car.

we should have to take driving instruction from a professional for a min. of one year which would teach us how to handle as many scenarios as possible (weather wise, other drivers, etc.) as well as teach how to handle the car well

finally the driver's test should be the same type of stuff as the class just on a higher level as to keep moron's out of cars

it is my believe that you are born a good or a bad driver, and that if you don't care about cars you shouldn't drive them because if you don't care you won't focus thus leading to bad situations such as tranced.....

holy long post batman (for me)

Old 08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
The US test is a joke. Having lived in England for a couple years (though before I was old enough to drive), now that's a driving test! A ton of the adults on our block would fail their first re-test at renewal, even after driving for years. My folks were happy to have US-issued international licenses the whole time they were there so they didn't have to pass the British test.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Very true, and they want to make it even more difficult, which is a way of limiting the number of cars on the road, since many people can't afford professional driving lessons. It really takes a lot of concentration and skill to get your driving license over there - it means something.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to see. Glad you're o.k.

Quick Reply: R.I.P my lovable Fit...