General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

R.I.P my lovable Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
At least one good thing came out of this, you proved that the Fit is not as bad as they say in a front end collision. Hope you feel better and good luck with car shopping.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:21 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Damn dude, that sucks so much. At least you are ok.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
I dont think you understand...you are never going to get the money you spent back. Even if you go to court. If it was not added onto your insurance then your insurance is not going to cover it.

and when you go to court the judge will see that and say "...and you want me to do what?"

Not sure if you understand how insurances work. If she is found at majority fault her insurance will pay your insurance who in turn takes that money and writes you a check. Its not like she is getting off the hook her insurance is already paying you for the car. The only way you could go to court with this is if the insurance decide it was 50/50 fault or your at fault. Basically the insurance hold a mediation to decide who was at fault. (basically a mini court case where they look at your statements, the police report, and any other evidence or witnesses statements.)

Dont get me wrong im not trying to scold you....shit has happened to me and my GF. I know exactly what you are going through and trying to help.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Not sure if you understand how insurances work. If she is found at majority fault her insurance will pay your insurance who in turn takes that money and writes you a check.
It is my understanding that trancedsailor should be dealing with her insurance company if she is at fault. He only needs to notify his insurance company of the accident. The guilty party insurance will send a check to him directly or if they don't total it, will pay the body shop directly. In fact if it is repairable, he can choose to receive the settled amount in a check and pick his own body shop for the work, or even choose not to have it repaired at all and keep the check.

In my experience, the guilty party insurance has always dealt with me directly with no involvement from my insurance company. There was no need for my insurance company to get involved.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Thats what I said when I first bought mine. The S2000 is still the fastest car ive ever owned, but under 6000 rpm it feels just like the Fit. It was a blast for the first month.

If you do get an S2K get at least an 02-03. 01's still have the plastic rear window and the carpeted interior console.
Definitely choose a glass rear window. My 86 VW Cabriolet had glass (and built in defroster), and it was fine. But my MG Midget with it's plastic rear window (no defroster, always fogged up), they kind of rot and mottle, like this:
Soft Top or Convertible Top Plastic Window Refinisher Restorer Cleaner Polish and Scratch Remover

You can't see through it when it gets really bad.

Another image showing the discoloration:
Convertible Plastic Window Repair and Replacement

Pros and cons:
Shop for Convertible Top at 1A Auto

Old 08-02-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Mostly this is going to rest with which insurance company is paying you off. If it's hers, you might have a chance of getting some extra money out of it. If it's your's, I don't think you will.

There is another option though.

See if after it is all said and done, if whichever insurance company pays you off for the car, if they will sell it back to you for cheap, say $500 or less.

If so, you can then take it to the junkyard, tell them you're going to strip it at the junkyard, take whatever they'll give you for it, and get your parts off it.

If you can strip it, and sell the parts for a couple grand total, you'll still be ahead somewhat, and have gotten something out of your stuff.

I hate to say it, but you've given everyone who puts major mods into their car a good lesson. Tell your insurance Co what you've done, and see about getting a rider to cover the upgrades.

Good luck.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:12 AM
damn in sorry to hear that, your fit was one of my favorite ones on the site when it was all blacked out. along with the eyelids lol. Good luck though.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm a little drunk right now. I have to be up in 4 hours. I hate this situation. If that bitch never hit me, I wouldn't be assed out of $4,000 worth of parts. She should pay me $4,000. I don't like this sytem. It's faulty, and wrong, 100%.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I just got off work, and the tow guy said he won't let me take anything off until the adjuster comes on monday. He said it's my insurance company's car now. I have no receipts, but plenty of pics on myspace/facebook of all my mods and went on the web to find their prices and printed that out. I'll show him when I see him. I'll show him the KBB value of my car.
Tow it to a shop you know next time and technically its not their car yet without you signing over documentation.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I'm a little drunk right now. I have to be up in 4 hours. I hate this situation. If that bitch never hit me, I wouldn't be assed out of $4,000 worth of parts. She should pay me $4,000. I don't like this sytem. It's faulty, and wrong, 100%.
Sweet creamy Jesus...calm down. And wait for me to catch up on the drunken fool meter (glass three of wine...or whine...)...

Look, you are making mountains out of bean piles. When I (my car) was mangled in both a rear ender, and a side-swipe in my old Vette, I went to the insurance company and told them what I wanted.

Not all places were set up to do fiberglass. It is NOT the same as metal. And the same thing applies to you...your additions are NOT the same as a stock Fit.

Anyone who recently bought a Fit and haven't done a thing in modifications, those are the standard prices that would be given by insurance.

Your car isn't like my car. I have a plain base FIT. The closest I've come to customizing my car is the fact that the tiny rocks are filling up the word "FIT" in the OEM all-weather mats on the driver's side. Yes, it's true, I haven't vacuumed my car since I bought it in December.

On the other hand, you've put a lot of effort and energy into YOUR car. And if the girl's insurance is going to total it, you have the stuff on the car as PROOF it is on the car.

That sounds dumb. But those extras ARE ON THE CAR. And you are not helpless. You can tell the insurance adjuster that they can either give you the value of the items...or give you the chance to replace the items with "stock" items and sell off the modifications.

You're getting all worked up over something that HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.

I believe that is MY job. To get all worked up over things that have not happened yet.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Damn, yo! Hopefully every works out. You can probably sue the girl for emotional distress, small chance, but doable. If you really want to pursue in a law suit against the girl, I suggest talking to a lawyer and tell them your case. They will most likely hear you out for free, and if they think they can win the case, will carry on. If not, they'll reject the case. No harm in trying.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
You're getting all worked up over something that HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.
He's probably right. They will probably be reasonable with you and give you some time to swap your parts for stock ones if you can find them.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
He's probably right. They will probably be reasonable with you and give you some time to swap your parts for stock ones if you can find them.
gosh doodly darn it, I'm a SHE. Really. I have boobies. And an "innie" if you know what I mean...nudge, nudge, wink, wink, hint, hint, uh...

Is it that I type like a guy? Or what?

P.S. how do I add tags? Maybe just mods can do that? Can someone please add the tag "TW has boobies"? Thanks.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-02-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: TaffetaWhite has boobies. And an "innie".
Old 08-02-2009, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
gosh doodly darn it, I'm a SHE. Really. I have boobies. And an "innie" if you know what I mean...nudge, nudge, wink, wink, hint, hint, uh...

Is it that I type like a guy? Or what?

P.S. how do I add tags? Maybe just mods can do that? Can someone please add the tag "TW has boobies"? Thanks.
Oh, geez. My bad. I had assumed you were a "he" because in my mind that's the *default* and I wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Oh, geez. My bad. I had assumed you were a "he" because in my mind that's the *default* and I wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that.
It's OK. It's not like you can see me. And I don't even use a chick avatar (why do GUYS do that anyway?).

I'm not only female, but I'm at the age where flashing my boobies is a THREAT, not a promise.

It'd be like seeing your mom naked.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned
tranced i've got a solution for the plastic window......spoon hard top!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I found a few nice 02-03 S2000's, and I don't want a hardtop. I love convertibles lol.

Okay guys thanks for helping me out. I am going to ask the adjuster if he has the power to let me get a week or two to find OEM replacements for my wheels/center console/shift linkage/coilovers, and remove all my suspension bars front/rear/under. Then I would be happy, and not so distraught.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 PM
oh man, that was a sick looking Fit, rip and if you need any advice, my dad is a car insurance adjuster, message me up if you like. I'll cross my fingers for ya either way!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw this thread for the first time. I'm so sorry!

My insurance specifically covers my car "plus $1500 in modifications". I never asked for that but it's in there. I checked with my insurance guy and he said they do it because everybody adds something to their cars, so it just makes life simpler all around. Hopefully your insurance company does the same!

In any event, breathe easy, stay calm, and keep your wits about you until you meet with the insurance adjuster. That's when you'll know what you're facing.

Good luck! And, get the WRX - they're awesome in so many ways.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry about your Fit, but I'm glad you're okay! I've always loved the green theme you had going..Hope things work out for the best.

Quick Reply: R.I.P my lovable Fit...