General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

R.I.P my lovable Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Good thing that you're ok.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
Aw shucks that sucks big time man!

The accident couldn't have waited until you got that Nikon D60 and tripod and shot another round of better photos.

At least you're alive and kicking bro.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
oh man, no way!?!? i'm so glad that you're alright though.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I posted a link to one of your posts earlier (before I knew about the accident) to show how nice your sig picture is with the mirror finish of the NHBP .

Darn! Sad to hear of the accident, but very glad you are OK.

Don't overdo it on the wrenching until your body has it's own chance to respond and relax again from the accident, you might be very sore/stiff in a couple days (more than now).

And you want to know if it's from the accident, or from too much wrenching. Because if there ARE any health-related problems from the accident, you want to have them taken care of, and not have any doubt as to what caused the problems.

Lots of reasons, one of which is medical costs and insurance. You'd have a harder time getting the other person's insurance to pay medical claims if you had also been out working on the car three days straight after the accident.

And maybe you would think that you overworked during your wrenching, not realizing it was from the accident, and that you just made it WORSE by working on tearing down the car. [/mom]

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 07-31-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry about the loss - hope things work out well for you in the end - and as trance stated above - do not hesitate going to the doctor to get checked out - save you a lot of pain and suffering later. Besides, this is all going to come out of her insurance policy (please tell me she was covered...)

This type of "driving" drives me crazy and there are a lot of people in eastern PA who do this as well - why can't you wait 20 seconds for the cars meeting you to pass and then turn instead of trying to race the facing car across the intersection. Hope she has some serious thoughts about doing this kind of thing again.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Damn man, that sucks. Glad you are ok, though. Good to know the Fit safety features worked.

Like the others said, go get checked out before you do any serious wrenching. You definitely don't want to give this girl's insurance company any weasel room to wiggle out of any care you might need.

Good Luck with everything.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks. I really liked your Fit. Those wheels are something else.

PMed about the smoked JDM tails.

Last edited by Flyin172s; 07-31-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Can't spell in the morning
Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 AM
wow! what a surprise! sorry for your loss. ive always admired that car at your sig..

Old 07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
always hate seeing post like this, I hope you're alright and you better take a trip to the doctor asap to make sure you're a 100% and document everything in case you need to sue for unexpected injuries in the future. RIP little fit. forget the WRX....get a GE bro.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:09 AM
thanks guys. I know I should get checked out, but really I'm the biggest hardass and it also doesn't help that I hate doctors/hospitals. They scare me lol I am breathing better this morning, and my neck isn't as stiff as it was last night. I'm ready to wrench. Also started looking at cars, and I've been thinking a used G35, S2000, 9-3 2.0t, 04-05 WRX Wagon, and yeah the Scion IQ looks pretty awesome!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Are you sure they will let you strip it? I thought you had to buy it back for its salvage price before you could remove anything that is bolted down.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
^^Yeah you kinda have to. But you could always sneak some stuff off. More or less the aftermarket stuff as long as you have the stock stuff to replace...

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM
So I have to wait til Monday when the insurance person checks out the car at the junkyard. I don't have receipts for anything I've done, so I'm going to go online and find the sites that sell what I have bought, and fax it to the insurance woman. Once I get the final value, I'm going to take off what I can. I guess I won't be able to take the seats and stuff. Does anyone have an OEM center console so I can remove my JDM console? Or stock wheels and tires or steelies/bald tires so I can take my nice wheels off? This is heartbreaking like hell. Oh also stock springs/struts because I would like my coilovers back. If I can't get anything back, and they don't give me any extra money besides just paying off my car, I'll have lost a few thousand dollars worth of shit, and I'm not going to be the least bit happy about that. I am so upset.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Bummer man, sorry to hear it.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you this my man but if you want to retrieve anything from the car you have to do it before the insurance rep examines the car! Once the insurance has seen the vehicle it has to stay in that condition until settlement of the claim, less personal effects/ non-permanent alterations. Anything you remove without replacing with the OE stuff after the rep has seen the car will be deducted from your pay-out. Trust me on this I have been there and it sucks very badly. The good news is that the insurance company really could care less about the state the car is in. You can jack up the car, remove the coils and wheels and just chuck four steelies w/tires, four springs, two struts and two shocks in the back under the hatch and that is perfectly fine. Again, been there, done that, trust me its better than eating the value of everything you have on the car. P.S. I keep every piece i take off my cars for this exact reason and it drives my wife NUTS. Good luck man....

Last edited by grtpumpkin; 07-31-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: me no spell rite
Old 07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear about this!!!

Good luck with everything

Old 07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
I have the OEM USDM center console sitting in storage. I'm not sure how much shipping will be, might be more economical for you just to buy a new one from a dealer. MSRP is $58.05 on bernardiparts. Let me know if your interested.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM
the guy is inspecting the car on monday. I work all weekend long. There's no way for me to buy steelies and OEM console/shift linkage and do the swap before he comes. And god knows he won't know ANYTHING about the custom stuff/shit he can't see (lower arm bar, progress swaybar, mugen quickshifter) but the tow guy said I can go to the insurance place where they will be taking my car, and maybe sneak some stuff off? I have almost $2,000 worth of stuff I want to remove from the car. trunk cage, rear tow hook, c-pillar, lower arm bar, progress bar, JDM console and Mugen shortshifter, wheels/tires. You're saying I'm basically screwed now? **** insurance, and **** that bitch who was at fault.

Edit: Found my next car.

2001 S2000
28,500mi
$13,000

Hopefully nobody bought it already. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what's up.

Last edited by trancedsailor; 07-31-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
^sick trade hahaha fit to a s2k

Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned
GREAT DEAL! imo

btw if they total it out i want it!

Quick Reply: R.I.P my lovable Fit...