General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I did my bit and sold a friend on a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
I did my bit and sold a friend on a Fit

All:

Since I picked up my car yesterday, I have only had the chance to show it to a few people in the past 24 hours.

Of the first two I showed it to, the second bought a black Fit Sport (automatic) in under six hours of showing him the car. He bought it from the same dealer I did (Crest Honda, Nashville, TN). They have a few more coming next week (including his car) and the dealer in Cookeville, TN has four coming in next week supposedly also.

It will be neat to see the difference between the two (mine is a base 5 speed).

Garrett

Old 04-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
details!

so what kinda person is ur friend. What cars was he into. was he looking into getting a car? What did he like about the fit? etc.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:34 AM
that's really cool. yeah more details. was your friend looking for a new car?

Old 04-30-2006, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
I just got mine as well and the very next day showed it to a friend who's roomate was considering the Fit or Mazda3. Although it wasn't the future purchaser, my friend loved it and thought her roommate would as well. It had features she thought her roomie would like and she thought it was cute. Can't tell if it sold her roommate though, but I know she was gonna go test driving this weekend. Considering she's a commuter, I think the Fit is more suited for her needs, but we'll see.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
They are really not "car people". He drove me into work on Friday so I could drive the Fit home and he asked about it. They were "kind of" in the market for a car, but had not seen the Fit.

Years ago, they had one of those 1980s Honda Civic "wagons" that his wife loved, it was her late grandfather's car. I serviced the car for them on a few occasions (I used to be an import mechaninc and I still "shade tree").

Their trade in is a first year version of the curent generation of the Nissan Sentra. The only positive about that car, is I have yet to put a wrench on it for them.

They went to Honda, liked what they saw, and bought it.

Other car considered was Yaris, but none on the lot, unwilling to deal, and the salesman tried to put them in Prius.

Garrett

Old 04-30-2006, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatchgeek
I just got mine as well and the very next day showed it to a friend who's roomate was considering the Fit or Mazda3. Although it wasn't the future purchaser, my friend loved it and thought her roommate would as well. It had features she thought her roomie would like and she thought it was cute. Can't tell if it sold her roommate though, but I know she was gonna go test driving this weekend. Considering she's a commuter, I think the Fit is more suited for her needs, but we'll see.
A friend has the Mazda3, a car I thought would be nice and I liked the looks of. But that was quickly dashed. Terrible reliability (transmission, autobox has been replaced, tire problems, brake problems, etc.) and mid 20's for fuel economy. A/C is VERY weak. He is getting rid of it as fast as he can !

Garrett