General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Saw another on the road tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Saw another on the road tonight.

I just saw another on the road, after three full days with my Fit. If the person in the blue one on Rte. 110 in Dracut, MA is on this board, I was in the black Sport headed East.

Lovin' my sweet little ride.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I feel like the only one who has a fit. I haven't seen any other one thaqn my own in the bay area yet

Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
I passed a red one on my way home tonight. He was pointing and waving with his passenger as I passed...didn't have time to wave back (sorry, dude).

I wonder if we will be like Beetle owners and still wave at each other years from now, or more like Prius owners, who rarely acknowledge each others' existence...

Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
i haven't seen any on the road. we've sold two at the dealership, but i haven't actually seen any on the road

Old 04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by phillyb
i haven't seen any on the road. we've sold two at the dealership, but i haven't actually seen any on the road
Maybe they're being held hostage by evil garages in L.A.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine this Thursday (27th) and I haven't seen any others on the road. I keep thinking something's wrong because no one else is acknowledging the car either (not that I want them too, but a little bit of props would be nice). I'd like to see other Fit owners around so we can honk to each other but alas it has not been the case. I'm kinda sad about it. Any of you other Bay Area owners cruise the East Bay ever? I'm lonely!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have never seen one in person nor on the road.. but I have seen 1 yaris!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Gordio
I feel like the only one who has a fit. I haven't seen any other one thaqn my own in the bay area yet
Werd, same here, yet we have sold the other 4 we got also over teh last week, i haven't seen any of them yet.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I've seen no others in Houston or Austin or inbetween yet. Big cities though with zillions of SUVs and trucks...I think it will be a while before I spot a fellow Fit driver.

The number of hatchbacks on the road is definitely increasing though. If only I had my camera at the time...I parked in a row of five little hatchbacks. Mazda3, Matrix, and two Scion xAs.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Squid
Maybe they're being held hostage by evil garages in L.A.
I know, right?

I've only seen a Blue Sport once. They were a couple lanes away, and turning right, so I couldn't wave at them or anything. I was freaking out in my car to my friend though, "OMG! A Fit! A blue Sport! Ahh!"

Old 04-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I still have not seen any others on the street in my area and 5 have been sold other than mine LOL

Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
I tawt I taw a fitty cat too

I saw a red Fit going east on I-40 in western Oklahoma about 3:00pm Sunday afternoon.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 AM
I saw a red one on the road the day I picked mine up, I was driving north he was south on 101 I bet he had just got his that same day. I saw a blue one today in SLO and a Miata driver gave me a thumbs up and said nice fit, pretty cool of him.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gordio
Kind of neat isn't it? I bet we won't the only ones for long though. I have been getting a lot of looks from other Honda drivers. A family in an Element behind me yesterday was looking and pointing at my car.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:21 PM
I've only seen two others. One was on a test drive and the other was bought. Sure is small looking when you see someone else driving one.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Seemed like no one even knew what it was -- until Saturday. At an ATM a guy asked me about highway driving -- road noise, gas mileage. He has a big sedan and the gas prices are already killing him. He asked a lot of questions and thanked me for my time. I was surprised he knew about the Fit -- told him I seemed to be the only person on the road with one. He said "Not for long!" A lady stopped me in a parking lot as she said into a cell phone -- "This lady just drove in with a Honda Fit." Then she talked with me and her husband (on the phone) about the Fit. First question: what's your gas mileage? A young guy hauled a large box from a store to my car, and realized right away what it was. He's thinking of replacing his Civic with a Fit. He was interested in the Magic Seats. Those of us who were first out of the sales lot should have gotten a commission, not MSRP!

Old 05-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Exclamation

It's never too late to get your saleman's card and ask for a c note or some free service with your forwarding of a client - seriously!

Old 05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
you should all feel very lucky and hope it always stays like this, I drive a EG Civic Hatchback, Black with Gunmetal BuddyClub SF's, all of my mods are JDM stuff and very subtle, but every POS car with stickers and an exhaust feel the need to rev their engine at me. I don't wish that on anyone.

but if it ever happens just learn to completely ignore their existence, they will ignore you eventually, but every once in a while you will see a nice car worth looking at,

if I see a Fit i will make sure to honk and wave, and laugh at your 4 doors :P haha, and your extra 100-200 lbs of curb weight! ahaha!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:51 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i have not seen anyone in my area yet...pembroke pines FL... but the other day after i washed it bumping my reggaeton i got a compliment at the light from these younger guys with their girls checking out the FIT...one said "thats a nice looking ride dogg".

Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 AM
In Oregon I have seen only mine on the road. I watched my fiancee drive it.
I wish I could see one I want to know what other colors are availabe in Oregon. I have only seen blue black and white at dealerships.

Has anyone spotted orange yet???

Quick Reply: Saw another on the road tonight.