General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Getting Noticed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Getting Noticed

I was driving around running errands this morning. While I was putting packages in the back of my car, a girl stopped and asked what kind of car I had. She had never heard of the Fit. She said it was "really cute". Then, as I was driving, this guy on a motor scooter drove up beside me, looked at my car, and gave me a thumbs up. He was probably thinking about putting his surfboard in the car because he was a "surfer dude" if I ever saw one! I'm not used to being noticed for the car I drive - it's kind of fun.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm waiting to be in a parking lot of a big box store loading up the hatch next to a SUV grocery getter as they are loading up.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
I keep getting asked "Is that a hybrid?"

Old 04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
OMG does this car get noticed. There are two kinds. The "What the heck is that thing?!?!!?!", and then the people who know what it is and think it's really cool. They are usually driving Civics.

Old 04-29-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
I get told "it's a bit big." "it's a family car" by some of my friends.

Pfft, what do they know? All young UK drivers all drive their shitty little hot hatches.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I have alot of people in Aveo's giving me props lol

Old 04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
They probably think it is the new Aveo.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by gguest
I've gotten this a lot too!

One guy parked next to me in a parking lot was excited to see the new Fit and asked how much I got it for. I gave him a Magic Seat demo. (I happened to be showing my friend too)

Old 04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
I'm getting a lot of attentions too!! I parked on the side for like 10 min, and almost every person walked by turn their head...TWICE to check out the car....get compliment from people walking by and said "that's a great truck, very nice color.." and it's not a truck, don't know where that comes from...I just hope this attention doesn't turn into trouble....i'm being very paranoid..

Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
Dougiepants, does that mean you finally got your Fit? I must've missed a post or two. Congratulations!

Old 04-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by gguest
Yep, me too.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I hope that does not mean it looks like a Prius.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by DRum
I hope that does not mean it looks like a Prius.
Everyone keeps saying it looks like a shorter Matrix... or "if the xA and the Matrix had babies, they'd produce the Fit."

One guy last night said it made him think of the old Civic SI (which is what I thought too!). It's a stretch, I know, but let me have my moment.

Chalk up another "Is that a hybrid?" for when I pulled up to Starbucks and unloaded myself and 3 of my friends. My friends think it's astonishingly roomy in the back, too. Dang, I love my car.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
These two guys compared it to a Matrix, but then they said "I'd definately get this over a Matrix." An older woman did a triple take at the car. A worker at a gas station said "Nice ride." Finally, at a wedding that I went to in Seattle (fancy expensive place, and customers with nice cars like Lexus, Porsche, BMW) the valet guy said "Sweet ride," after he drove it up to me.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
update: I just got soem credit for the fit i was at subway and someone asked me about it cuz he was looking into small compacts.

Related story that is funny. AT my work, ever since day 1 of my job, we joke about this coworker being my mom and i'm her son. I found out friday, she also drives a red matrix, so i think its a cioncidence cuz my red fit does look a baby of the matrix. The coworkers had been joking about it for a while about this coincidence and i didn't know till last friday (i moved to another 2 months ago department)

Last edited by Gordio; 04-30-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Someone that Posts too much
To me it's like my brothers 89 si but with a whole lot more of comfort features.

Anyway, back to topic... I get a lot of stares but mostly from Honda owners specially Oddessy owners. I hope that's all i get though cause i don't think i can handle more, had enough of that from my MINI cooper S and S2000.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I came out of my front porch and there was a guy taking apicture of the Fit. I asked if he was interested in the Fit. He said he had seen it in Brazil and was wondering when it came out in the US. We talked for about 15 minutes and he sat the in drivers seat and saw the "magic" seat. It was cool.

Then a couple ladies going door to door sellign stuff told m fiancee and I that it was cute and asked about ti for a minute or two.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by DRum
They probably think it is the new Aveo.
No it is actually from alot of Aveo owners LOL...

Originally Posted by Squid
Dougiepants, does that mean you finally got your Fit? I must've missed a post or two. Congratulations!
Yes finally got it and just went over the 500 mile mark. Since I hit 500 miles I put the Advan SA3R's on

Old 04-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Most chicks think the car's cute. That's a perk i guess...

Old 04-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Im surpised by how much attention this car gets...everytime I take it out and park it, someone always seems to wander over and check out my Fit. I've only had mine for 5 days, and I've gotten a lot of looks. I just hate it when people touch my car though, so I am crazy paranoid when they approach it! As for the attention, I'm used to it since my last car was a smart car. That got a lot of attention since it was also modified with a bunch of Brabus goodies.

As for space, I thought I would test it out by taking 8 garbage bags full of pop cans to the bottle depot...dropped the rear seats, the Fit swallowed all 8 bags with ease...I could have put in another 4 bags if I had any more! When I got there and unloaded all 8 bags from the back, everyone in line outside of the bottle depot just looked and had that "shocked" look on their face.

Quick Reply: Getting Noticed