General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Might buy a fit.. have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Might buy a fit.. have some questions...

Hey guys!

I've been onto the Fits for a long time now.. also have been back and forth on a couple other cars I like but the Fit is the better buy, by far....

Im going to be starting a new job soon, only part time but I've been out of work for a long time and this will be nice, while Im going back to school... which I'm also getting paid to to... At the same time, Im trying to get a 2nd part time job at the college where I attend classes... I have some money stashed away and by the end of the year, if all goes well... could possibly be able to buy a new Fit... I do have some questions about 2 things. The differences between the Base and Sport model and the Cash for clunkers...

The base, the only visiable difference is that it doesnt have alloy's and a spoiler... I like the spoiler but for the price dif. I could put alloy rims on the base model.... What are the differences between Base and Sport for the interior/exterior.. and would it be better/cheaper to get the base model and put rims on it later?

Can someone explain the Cash for Clunkers? I have a 95civic that's book value is $2500...? Could I get more for it?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
First, refer to Honda for the specs between the two, including exterior and interior: 2009 Honda Fit - Specifications - Official Honda Web site

I think the Sport is a far better buy that is worth the extra value. You don't just get the spoiler on the exterior, you get the underbody kit, finished exhaust tip, and fog lights.

There are already two posts just a few down from this one about the cash for clunkers program. However, if your 95 civic doesn't get 18mpg or less, then you are out of luck. This program was made more so for old "American" clunkers yet it's going to benefit foreign (particularly Japanese) automakers more because you have to get a car that gets more than 10mpg than your clunker for the full $4,500, otherwise it's only $3,500. Check Cash for Clunkers Car Buying Stimulus Bill for whats eligible or not.