General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
I like blue, especially medium or dark, so I went with BSP. I also like bright red, but on old classics with a lot of chrome, like my Karmann Ghia, not so much on a modern car. Rent-a-car red, it Hertz the eyes.

I also have a basic white pickup truck, perfect "stealth" vehicle. The problem when getting a new car this time was that just about every late model car or SUV I see on the street is boring white, silver, gray or black, really no color at all.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krakhed
black because the only other fit on the lot when i got it was orange and my wife's simple reply to my calling her was

"if you bring that thing home, i will punch you in the face"

so I went NHBP, my face is ugly enough as it is.

i will say i slightly feel bad for the couple that came in behind me asking about my car as i was filling out the paperwork.
"what do you mean it's already sold? we were here this morning!"

i just kept my head down and kept signing papers
Ha ha, you snooze, you lose! If they'd put down a deposit, you'd have had to get the orange one...but you won!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I love blues and greens- the Above reasons are part of the reason I chose Tidewater Blue--the other is that the color is so rare around here. Every Fit I see here is silver, orange or bright blue. I love the Blue Sensation & Blackberry Pearl, but they are harder to keep clean and will get hot in the summer. Taffeta White is gorgeous, but my last car was white. If the red had been a metallic red, I would have gotten that.
I had to wait a month to get my TWB (dealer had to make a special trade & it it just came over from Japan) and I am so happy I did. I would not settle for any other current color except Blue Sensation.
I've been noticing more vehicles in shades close to Tidewater Blue lately. Anyone else notice this in their area?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nikita
I like blue, especially medium or dark, so I went with BSP. I also like bright red, but on old classics with a lot of chrome, like my Karmann Ghia, not so much on a modern car. Rent-a-car red, it Hertz the eyes.

I also have a basic white pickup truck, perfect "stealth" vehicle. The problem when getting a new car this time was that just about every late model car or SUV I see on the street is boring white, silver, gray or black, really no color at all.
Remember that there are color trends, set years in advance, and are being based on things like the economy:
Watch Car Color Trends Shift with the Economy Video | Break.com

The size or type of car:
Car Exterior Color Trends in 2010 | Car Auto Reviews

Sticking to old favorites or trying out new colors and paints:
Color + Design Blog / 2010 Auto Color Trends by COLOURlovers :: COLOURlovers

Based on those, it seems that Honda did good, and had quite the range for everyone. There are colors available in other countries that are not available here. Remember that color trends may vary by country, and by state or province. For all the reasons people have given here.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
BOM or the BBPM after seeing them in the sun BOM was the winner.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
needed a car when my 01 accord crapped out, loaner was a ge, like the fit so i picked up the only gd on the lot which happened to be ssm.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Remember that there are color trends, set years in advance, and are being based on things like the economy:
Watch Car Color Trends Shift with the Economy Video | Break.com
The size or type of car:
Car Exterior Color Trends in 2010 | Car Auto Reviews
Sticking to old favorites or trying out new colors and paints:
Color + Design Blog / 2010 Auto Color Trends by COLOURlovers :: COLOURlovers
Based on those, it seems that Honda did good, and had quite the range for everyone. There are colors available in other countries that are not available here. Remember that color trends may vary by country, and by state or province. For all the reasons people have given here.
Taffeta - thanks for posting these links--really interesting.

this car color sure looks close to Tidewater Blue Metallic

Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 AM
When I was looking, the choices were basically black (no - too hot, shows swirl marks), white (white cars with rounded contours look like toilet bowls), a strange bluish-lavender color (not really my thing), and silver. Silver won.

Thinking back, I've had a lot of silver...

This is the third silver vehicle... sixth if you toss in my ex-wife's silver Echo, silver Mazda5, and my sorta silver-beige colored pickup.

On the other hand, my Jeep was canary yellow.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
It's a family thing.

Sis has a white '02 Honda Accord
Mom has a white '09 Chevy Malibu
Dad has a white '94 Chevy pickup
I own a white '10 Honda Fit Sport

Everyone on Mom's side of the family owns a white car. When we meet up for Christmas dinner, it's a sea of white cars. Tahoes, Trailblazers, 4-Runners & our 4 cars. It's really a sight to see b/c we have over 40+ people who arrive each year.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
I had no choice. I wanted a MT Sport w/Navi and there were only 3 in the state of Ohio...and they were all black.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by susanlynn7
It's a family thing.

Everyone on Mom's side of the family owns a white car. When we meet up for Christmas dinner, it's a sea of white cars. Tahoes, Trailblazers, 4-Runners & our 4 cars. It's really a sight to see b/c we have over 40+ people who arrive each year.
Love it!--so if it doesn't snow on Christmas--you all create a snow with the white cars.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by susanlynn7
It's a family thing.

Wow that's the first time I have ever heard of such a thing! Not one person breaks the pattern??? That's really pretty cool. A way of showing family solidarity!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
Wow that's the first time I have ever heard of such a thing! Not one person breaks the pattern??? That's really pretty cool. A way of showing family solidarity!

Well, Sis's car was originally Mom's car. They traded in her white blazer for Mom's Malibu back in August (cash for klunkers). for the extended family...Idk why white seems to be a big deal.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
For me it was kind of easy.

First choice was white (I like the way the Fit looks in white).

Second choices were: Silver, Red, or Blue sensation.

Silver cause I dug it
Red for nostalgia (used to own a red 94 si)
Blue cause I dug it.

Basically the way I ended up with a silver one because it was the only one available in the state that was a manual sport.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
whatever color is on the lot

Old 06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
I picked BBP, because I wanted dark blue and my wife (it's a shared car for weekends) wanted Tidewater Blue, so we went with BBP. I really like the color and it looks more blue when dirty.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I think you'll enjoy that color. It's like it changes color...

Sometimes it looks silvery:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post695981

Sometimes it looks like a gray-blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post687586

Or a deeper sky blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post688159

Or an icy blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post694366

And I can't find a picture right now, but sometimes it takes on a purplish hue too. So if you are in a parking lot and can't spot your own car right away and think it might have been stolen, look again.

Maybe it just changed it's color like a chameleon.
I almost, ALMOST wanted this color! I'll never forget it, though. I was doing a Google search on the net and somehow found this site. (Not difficult since this place is busy!) Someone (a man, methinks...) said that if he got the TWB, he'd have to... um.. change sexes. (To put it delicately. He used rather colorful language.)

My dealer had only two Fits - a black Fit Sport and a base in Storm Silver. Quite frankly, I didn't want to wait and I realized I like silver cars, anyway. Long ago I had a silver Toyota Supra, which didn't get very hot inside. My last car was black which was brutal in the summer!

So, silver it would be. Goes with my hair.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverLady
So, silver it would be. Goes with my hair.
Best reason ever to choose a color!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Best reason ever to choose a color!

BTW, I still love TWB. It's just that I was super-impatient and needed my new car to make a trip to Cincy to have a quick visit w/my dad before he went back to Florida. So...yah.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I didn't pick my car's color.

My girlfriend and parents told me "No silver, black, or red" and my girlfriend told me "No white or that girly blue."

That kinda left me with orange and dark blue. I didn't want a sport, so I went with blue.

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?