General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Depending on who you are, this could be a loaded question...

Since this is my 20th car, I've literally had a rainbow of colors over the years. Favorite color is blue, so I usually go with a blue car (since '00 I've had a navy blue Focus, and a navy blue Scion tC, with a yellow Scion xB in between). I traded a lighter blue MINI Cooper in on the FIT, and I was originally dead set on getting Storm Silver. I thought this time, since I'm hell bent on keeping the car for a WHILE, I want a color that is easy to keep clean, and won't show scratches and/or paint chips that much. Plus, I've only owned 1 silver car ('84 Dodge Shelby Charger, and it had blue stripes), so I thought SSM would be the perfect color for me. But I kept going back and forth between pics of SSM and Blue Sensation, and thinking "the FIT looks really good in blue (I wasn't crazy about Tidewater), maybe I should just stick with what I know".

For 3 weeks I went back and forth, trying to decide, asking friends opinions, building the car online, etc. Should I just be practical, or go with my gut and the color I love?

I guess for some people color choice isn't a big deal. Or they went with what the dealer had (or could get) b/c trans and trim were more important. I knew in the long run that I wouldn't be happy in anything but a blue car, and Blue Sensation fits the bill perfectly! And lucky for me my dealer was able to get my exact car in 2 days - I had to wait 6 weeks for my MINI to be built and shipped over (my MINI drama is a whole other story for a different thread).

Just go with what makes you happy, what color are you going to want to turn around and check out as you walk away from the car, thinking "damn, that FIT looks great in (insert color choice)!"

Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I wanted red but got black because I got my car during the cash for clunckers and there were limited options for the stuff I wanted with t also It looked betterthan white but if I had to do it agin I'd get it mt and red lol because blacks impossibal to keep clean lol

Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
I got a taffy white because I'm such a clean freak. I dislike bright an poppy colors because they stand out in traffic which means easier to spot by law enforcement. Black is high maintanance and silver is the most common color in the world. I love taffy white but chips are oh so easy to see.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
If I was going to buy a GE my choice of color would be white, and I am not picky about colors.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
color matters!

I could NOT get excited about a white or silver colored car - they disappear in a rain storm.
I liked the black and that beautiful dark blue ,but oh, they show the dust and I am NOT a person who will wash my car every week..

My finalists were an orange one or the Milano Red. I want a car that jumps out at you.
Red jumps higher so that's what we got.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I chose white becuase with black rims it looks sick

Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 PM
It went like this:

Finding a 2010 Fit Sport with MT was a challenge. There were various colors available in AT, including my first choice of RED. I drove a RED BMW 2002 years ago, and I guess I was having a senior moment. I eliminated Black because my business partner -- computers -- has a black base and it would be way too nerdy to also buy black.

So the dealership most conveniently located near me (which matched prices elsewhere) had the choice among Taffeta White, Orange Revolution Metallic both brand new, or a Silver demo with 4,000 miles. Milano Red was available, but only in AT -- base or Sport or used.

One neighbor has White, and another happens to have a red 2010 and Siler is just eh, who cares, boring. So the orange was where it was at ... and now I just love the color.

It's me. The only ORM Fit in town. Easy to find, easy to show off.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I dont remember if I've posted in this thread before. But I chose black because red is a cop magnet. I dont like orage. Previous car was silver. Didn't have white at the dealership. Not a fan of that TWB baby blue color. I do like the VBP but at times it looks too light, wish it was that dark blue like the previous SI's. And because I always wanted a black car =].

Old 03-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Depending on the car, I usually have an idea of how I'm going to mod it before I pick up the actual car. I choose the car color based on the color scheme I'm going with for everything else. If that means waiting for a few months, I'm totally cool with that.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
I chose a blaze orange for my gd....well.....because thats all they had lol. Called almost every dealer in the state looking for a white sport 5spd....nothing.. SO I ended up with orange sport 5spd

Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Only color Sport 5spd w/ Navi left where StormSilver or Blaze Orange....so I went SSM

Old 03-03-2010, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
i was all set for BOM in 2007... then i test drove my first fit... Lunar Mist Base 5mt! Fell in love with the color but unfortunately no sport model for the color. then 2008 rolled by and out came Tidewater! BOM is sweet but i'm afraid of standing out with cops. Baby Blue is pretty different... it was unique without having to stop everyone in their tracks well Orange is actually getting pretty common now, not only on fits

Last edited by accordguyintake; 03-03-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
I originally wanted TW, but when I got to the dealership and saw the SSM in person, I was sold. If I could get another GE8, I'd get a TW. Then I'd have the best of both worlds.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Started out thinking any color but white. Kinda liked the Blaze Orange because it was unique. Then I saw a Tidewater and thought the color shifting from light blue to silver to purple was way cool.
But it came down to the Tidewater was my wife's favorite, so that's what we got

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
black because the only other fit on the lot when i got it was orange and my wife's simple reply to my calling her was

"if you bring that thing home, i will punch you in the face"

so I went NHBP, my face is ugly enough as it is.

i will say i slightly feel bad for the couple that came in behind me asking about my car as i was filling out the paperwork.
"what do you mean it's already sold? we were here this morning!"

i just kept my head down and kept signing papers

Last edited by krakhed; 03-03-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Metallic Silver, cause that's the only car I could find with a manual. I'm happy with it.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I bought Storm sliver because it's a color that looks clean even though it's not (easy to keep clean). Additionally, it doesn't show swirls as much as other colors and is not too hot on cop's eyes.

And its the same color as our other cars.

Name:  OurEvos.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  150.8 KB

Last edited by funks; 03-07-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 PM
new to the forums. just grabbed my 09 fit sport in SSM yesterday. i wanted the BSP before that, but when i went to the dealership to "window shop" and got an instant chubby when i saw the SSM. due to the bullet shape, i felt it necessary to get it in SSM. plus, all the other reasons mentioned by other people about SSM. lol

Old 03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Of course I went with my favorite color, Orange. But it was also a bright-poppy color so whenever I look into a parking lot, MY car would stick out from all the silvers, blacks &whites etc.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I think you'll enjoy that color. It's like it changes color...

Sometimes it looks silvery:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post695981

Sometimes it looks like a gray-blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post687586

Or a deeper sky blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post688159

Or an icy blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post694366

And I can't find a picture right now, but sometimes it takes on a purplish hue too. So if you are in a parking lot and can't spot your own car right away and think it might have been stolen, look again.

Maybe it just changed it's color like a chameleon.
I love blues and greens- the Above reasons are part of the reason I chose Tidewater Blue--the other is that the color is so rare around here. Every Fit I see here is silver, orange or bright blue. I love the Blue Sensation & Blackberry Pearl, but they are harder to keep clean and will get hot in the summer. Taffeta White is gorgeous, but my last car was white. If the red had been a metallic red, I would have gotten that.
I had to wait a month to get my TWB (dealer had to make a special trade & it it just came over from Japan) and I am so happy I did. I would not settle for any other current color except Blue Sensation.

Last edited by sooznd; 06-09-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?