General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I think he's the only one on the forum with a Black Amethyst Pearl Fit.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
100 posts on a topic I thought would reach 10-15!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
I ended up with a rare color: Black Amethyst Pearl.

It started like this:
I was in 2006 desiding that I wanted a car. So after test driving about 18 diffrent cars in 2006. I was still hooked on the Jazz that I had testet back in 2002.

Then the color question came up. I had no hurry on getting a car so I could gladly wait 3 month to get the color I wanted.

White is too dull for me.
Red has potential for fading.
Blue is nice and could be a nice car, but there is too many blue cars.
Silver is nice but there is way too many silver cars in this town.
Yellow is too much attention, I want more stealth.
So Black was the color I wanted.

I ordered a Nighthawk Black Pearl back in October 2006 from my local dealer. They only had red and silver in so I had to wait those three months.

In January I got a phonecall from the dealer telling me that the only NBP car arriving to this country was even three more month delayed. But he had other options. So I went back to his office and was given an huge sample off all the colors Honda could provide. It was at least 40-50 diffrent colors. As standard we have about 9 of them in Norway.

He told me that in the south of my country there was a rare Black Amethyst Pearl colored car. It was one of three cars taken in to see if there was a marked for that color. The car had just arrived into the country and I could have it in jsut a matter of weeks (transport from south to the north).

I looked at the colorsample and fell in love immediately!

And I am still in love with this color, and have no regrets not getting the NBP color.
It has diffrent shades depending on how much light there is and how the lights hit the car. In dull lights and dark, it looks black. When there is a little more light like cloudy day, it looks dark still, but with a hint of a color that is hard to see what color it is at once.
But when the sun shine on it, it sparkles in diffrent shades of Violet colors. All from dark to bright violet.

See the image here:

Click on the image to see more images.
Wow, and I thought I loved MY color! but THAT is hotness!!! I'm quite jealous of you!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Necos07.... Some money is going to have to go into making more boost and tuning to exploit the full potential from that before I get around to paint.... Lowering will have to include bagging it on at least the front due to the condition of the private road to my house that amounts to driving off road at times....I was thinking the same as you when I bought my black wheels and met a kid at an auto parts store that has done some paint jobs on some other Japanese cars that way and wants to do mine..... I've been adding to my stock portfolio while stock prices were down and going to cut back on that pretty soon because are increasing.... As I get older time increasingly flies by at an ever increasing rate, but with age I notice that I have more patience to wait until I have saved the money and can do without other things to make it happen sooner.... I will own this car until I die unless I get too feeble to drive it first. I have had it 37 months and have less than 24000 miles on it.
Hey Cayote I understand were your coming from, this hobby takes money. Im a car freak I have a K24 sitting in the garage waiting to get installed but first I bought another L15 just to see how much power I can suck out of it. My problem is that I get bored I was even thinking of making my Fit a 2 door but I dont know

Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 AM
i ended up with silver because it was the only Sport manual trans the dealer had. if i could choose i'd pick orange. not that anyone asked..

Old 08-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AintNoStoppinMeNow
100 posts on a topic I thought would reach 10-15!
I remember that first post and you saying "it's obvious why people pick the color..."

Things are never as simple as they seem.

And because of your thread, I started a thread on 2009 Fit, India. And I will try to do more countries. Providing links to the Honda site in each country and showing an image. There are colors I've never seen or heard of.

This thread has shown several colors I didn't know existed. And it's nice to see the images from people who own the cars. Those are often better to get a full idea of the color than the manufacturer photos.

Not just 100 posts, but you have about 1,500 hits on this thread. That's a lot. this thread will probably be one of the biggies. With people all over plugging in their colors and their reasons.

Good post idea!

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow, purple is really undermentioned here. That was my first choice. Should I reconsider? I think it's a stand-out color that also has some dignity in it. But I also know it's gonna be harder to keep clean. I get the sense that purple is a little rarer a color too?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Lipappy
Wow, purple is really undermentioned here. That was my first choice. Should I reconsider? I think it's a stand-out color that also has some dignity in it. But I also know it's gonna be harder to keep clean. I get the sense that purple is a little rarer a color too?
Nah, the purple is wicked looking. Good luck finding it in our area though (I'm in Centreville)! I was lucky and there just happened to be one at Koons Manassas when I went looking. It looks pretty sweet though....

Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Article on the color/car emissions connection:
More ways to cut car emissions: reflective glass and paint - Cars, Cool Cars, paint color | TerraPass: Fight global warming, reduce your carbon footprint

California’s first step is a draft regulation that would require automakers to start using solar management glass for windshields, side and rear windows in the 2012 model year. New glazing technology can bounce solar rays away from the car without causing glare for other drivers on the road, or can absorb energy and release most of it away from the car. State regulators estimate that the new glass could save over 500,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year by 2020, and over one million metric tons per year by 2040.

The state is moving at a slightly slower pace to require new cars to be painted with new reflective pigments. Chemists at various car-related companies are improving paint formulas so that they can reflect the non-visible solar energy more than standard car paints now in use. Once certain technical issues about paint durability are worked out, California could eventually mandate that such reflective paints be standard on a new generation of cars. In the future, the ideal black paint could perform nearly as well as today’s common white paints.

The state doesn’t want to get into the business of telling citizens what color car they can or can’t buy. Last month, the right-wing blogosphere (Limbaugh, et. al.) erupted when some commentators mistakenly alleged that California was about to ban black cars. Beyond correcting the record here, I am curious to know how consumers would respond to an education campaign to steer car buyers towards lighter paint colors. Do you think that in the interests of fighting climate change people would shift their preferences to lighter hues?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lipappy
Here are a couple:

Sport auto:
New-Inventory BILL PAGE HONDA FALLS CHURCH VA

Sport/Nav manual:
New Honda Fit, Arlington, VA, Hatchback, Brown's Arlington Honda Stock: 35701 Virginia

This dealer went nuts:
New Honda Fit - Landmark Honda of Alexandria- Arlington- Springfield- Virginia- Burke- Centreville- Chantilly- Falls Church- Fredericksburg- Great Falls- Loudon County- Manassas- Mclean- Mount Vernon- Prince George County- Prince William County- Spri

Shows SIX BBP Sport auto and one Sport/Nav auto

Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 PM
We wanted a base Fit with a manual transmission. Our local Honda dealer had 5 of them on his lot. All were Storm Silver. So, we chose Storm Silver. It was somewhat like Henry Ford said about the Model T: "You can have any color you want...as long as it's black.".

Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
My wife and I were deciding between red and silver and I guess because we're old, boring people, we chose silver.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 PM
The last 2 SUVs I had were black, so that was out. Black is great on some cars (like the Corolla S I looked at) but it didn't seem to work so well on the Fit.

I thought about red, but my fiancee is Thai and she said red is not polite, plus I know she doesn't like red cars even if you ignore her culture based views. However, red was still my second choice. (she said it was ok to get..man she is the best, but I still would not get it knowing her thoughts)

I thought blackberry pearl would be nice, but I don't want anything close to black for a while. Plus, when I saw it in person I was like meh. Not black and not purple.

I think white is too plain. Silver is too plain as well. Tidewater blue is too light for me. The orange was like WTF.

When I first say blue sensation on Honda's page I fell in love with it. When I went to the dealer, the first two cars I saw were white and blue sensation. I fell in love with the color even more and had to have it. The blue is complimented by the gauges as well.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 PM
My first choice was def white, but the 08's didn't come in white, so I was actually leaning towards red or blue in the beginning. I actually was not even considering a BOM until I saw it parked next to a red one at the dealership, and the BOM metallic paint in the sun just looked awesome to me. I also loved it for its uniqueness. I didn't figure there would be that many orange Fits around, and I like to be a bit different. Plus I'd already had two other red vehicles before.
Even now, I've only seen one other orange Fit in my area, but I do see lots of Chevy makes in orange.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Here in Phoenix these Fits were selling like hotcakes.
Saturday we literally got in a white one, when another salesman told our salesman that this one was sold....so we test drove a black one. It's so difficult to have a black car in Arizona. Been there done that.
We were set on white...had to have white...but there wasn't any in the whole metro area and time was running out (or so I thought). It was either black, silver or a blackberry pearl in the showroom. Black was out, silver is too blah, BBP was on the showroom and sparkled just right....especially with all that carbon fiber upgrades.

Sunday afternoon at 2:00 was like a showdown at Bell Honda. There was 3 of us trying to buy the same car at the same time! My wife and I won because one couple didn't like the numbers on their trade in, and the other couple were 3 minutes behind us on paperwork! You should've seen the look on their faces...it was hilarious but I'm sure we paid for it knowing they were going to get full price from one of us 3.

Love the color, still wish I had white, but my roommate has a white XB....and that probably would've looked lame....

Now onto the mods.....i need more torque

Old 08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
WOW, 3 minutes huh? Congrats!

I own and love a black Fit but I agree, I don't think I would ever buy a black car in a warm weather state.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:56 PM
HIGHER RESALE VALUE = SSM

We originally were going to go with BBP. It's a beautful color IMO. That's when I read an article referencing the Teal Civic back in the early 90's. The article talked about how standout colors aren't always the best option when you're thinking about resale. I then looked further into the concept of color choice related to resale value and found that Silver is ranked as the highest choice.

That, coupled with the fact that I wasn't really interested in any of the the other colors, we decided to go with the sensible choice.
That's also why we chose AT over Manual.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I havent purchased my fit yet but I am set on Taffeta White !!
because black it to hot and dirty
silver is to common in cars
orange is just down right HORRID and looks like copper piping. BLAT!
Blue is tacky and so are all the rest.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
I got white. I would have preferred silver, but reason why not was pretty simple: Cash for Clunkers was again out of money (seemingly for good this time), and pickins' were slim for manual transmissions. I called or visited all five Honda dealers in the metro area last Friday morning, and only one of the five dealers had any left. My choices were Black Sport Manual w/ navi, or White Sport Manual w/ navi.

Even though black looks the best--when freshly clean with a well-maintained coat of wax--it's HOT HOT HOT during our long sunny summer days, and I don't like to spend hours a month with a can of wax and a buffer.

So I did the right thing, left the black one on the lot for someone who doesn't mind the hassle, and scooped up the cool white one for myself.

P.S. My C4C trade: One BLACK 1996 4.0 liter Jeep Cherokee 4x4 gas hog with 233,000 miles. It would have gone a lot more--it didn't even use a pint of oil between 5000 mile oil changes--but it needed all the other things a 233,000-miler would need, and the upper driver's door hinge had recently broken free from the body at the weld. It was for the best.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:06 PM
I based my decision on this:

Sorry but it is somewhat of a story. Me and my fiance were driving through the dealership lot and were mostly looking at civics. I wasnt really blown away by any of the civics color choices. Looking at the honda lot all they really have is black, white silver, sky blue of some sort and some greens. My fiance suggested to go look at the fit and as we were looking at them, they had all the colors out there, but one sensation blue. It was like a match made in heaven. Im not gonna be looking back at that decision.

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?