General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bk1089
Actually, i've been searching to buy a car, it was between a Jazz/Fit and a Nissan Tiida/latio hatchback, but when i saw this Jazz at the dealer's place, i was totally in love! Mine is lime green, i dont really know the exact name/reference for it.
it someone could help me
Its in my sig
Cheers
Wow, we don't get anything like that color! Would love the yellow Jazz or this green color. What color is your interior?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nerual13
I loved the Blackberry Pearl the first time I saw it online, purple is my fave color, and that was pretty damn close. Just wondering, are they really that hard to find? I did a quick bit of research online, went down to my local dealer and just picked up the one I wanted, in my color. Was I just super lucky????
No, now there are more of them. The '09s didn't sell quite as fast as expected, although the Cash for Cars program seems as if it should be called "Buy Me a New Fit" instead.

When I was looking for my BBP Sport Auto, I couldn't find one in the entire southwest. I called all the way over to MS and made friends with salesmen all over the south. Every lot I called, they had just sold their last one and weren't getting any more until the '09s came in. I was going to settle for a Vivid Blue Pearl, but even that color was drying up too fast. Finally I found my car up in St. Louis, slightly used (1000 miles). I started to buy it, changed my mind, cancelled the sale, then changed my mind again and bought it. Drove the sales guy nuts. I had it shipped here. Never looked back and still love it beyond reason.

The lady at McDonald's drive-thru today asked me what kind of car it is - she called it a "toy car!" Humph. I told her it was huge inside and lots of fun to drive.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tyrsis
Because everything must be black.
Like the swarm of justice.

(rep to anyone who gets that...)
Master Shake. ATHF. The Drizzle. I didn't see if anyone already responded, I just love ATHF and had to post.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh and I picked Red because its my first Honda and I wanted to stick with the traditional Honda red.

My girlfriend keeps telling me to take it back and get a black one. :P

Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Juliane
Wow, we don't get anything like that color! Would love the yellow Jazz or this green color. What color is your interior?
Its more green than yellow, i will try to post some pix afterwards.
My interior is leather black

Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
I prefer red or BOM or white but black was the only one they had in manual

Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
blue looks good too!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Actually, i've been searching to buy a car, it was between a Jazz/Fit and a Nissan Tiida/latio hatchback, but when i saw this Jazz at the dealer's place, i was totally in love! Mine is lime green, i dont really know the exact name/reference for it.
it someone could help me
Its in my sig
Cheers
I like that color too, what year is your Jazz? I found this car online, in the UK, but all they say is "green" and no specific color name:

Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I like that color too, what year is your Jazz? I found this car online, in the UK, but all they say is "green" and no specific color name:
Yeah, i saw this one too while surfing to find the reference!! same pix! LOL
mine is a 2005

Last edited by bk1089; 08-06-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: mistype
Old 08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
It's kind of the green version of Tidewater blue, like a pastel sort of celery color. The color we call "lime" over here is much darker than that.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I am a total noob in spoilers and bodykit stuff, i will definitely post some pix so that u guys can give me a hint about the kit i have on it.
Thanking u in advance
Cheers

Some pix not the best though
Name:  front.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  62.4 KB
Name:  side.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  93.9 KB
Name:  back.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  90.7 KB

Last edited by bk1089; 08-06-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: pix post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
I ended up with a rare color: Black Amethyst Pearl.

It started like this:
I was in 2006 desiding that I wanted a car. So after test driving about 18 diffrent cars in 2006. I was still hooked on the Jazz that I had testet back in 2002.

Then the color question came up. I had no hurry on getting a car so I could gladly wait 3 month to get the color I wanted.

White is too dull for me.
Red has potential for fading.
Blue is nice and could be a nice car, but there is too many blue cars.
Silver is nice but there is way too many silver cars in this town.
Yellow is too much attention, I want more stealth.
So Black was the color I wanted.

I ordered a Nighthawk Black Pearl back in October 2006 from my local dealer. They only had red and silver in so I had to wait those three months.

In January I got a phonecall from the dealer telling me that the only NBP car arriving to this country was even three more month delayed. But he had other options. So I went back to his office and was given an huge sample off all the colors Honda could provide. It was at least 40-50 diffrent colors. As standard we have about 9 of them in Norway.

He told me that in the south of my country there was a rare Black Amethyst Pearl colored car. It was one of three cars taken in to see if there was a marked for that color. The car had just arrived into the country and I could have it in jsut a matter of weeks (transport from south to the north).

I looked at the colorsample and fell in love immediately!

And I am still in love with this color, and have no regrets not getting the NBP color.
It has diffrent shades depending on how much light there is and how the lights hit the car. In dull lights and dark, it looks black. When there is a little more light like cloudy day, it looks dark still, but with a hint of a color that is hard to see what color it is at once.
But when the sun shine on it, it sparkles in diffrent shades of Violet colors. All from dark to bright violet.

See the image here:

Click on the image to see more images.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
I love that color, it's even more purple than Blackberry Pearl! I collect Black Amethyst depression glass - the pieces look black until you turn them up to the light,and then you can see the same color as your car is in the sun...

Phenomenal - your story is like mine - you fell in love with the car first and the color second. And I like your mods too.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
I love that color, it's even more purple than Blackberry Pearl! I collect Black Amethyst depression glass - the pieces look black until you turn them up to the light,and then you can see the same color as your car is in the sun...

Phenomenal - your story is like mine - you fell in love with the car first and the color second. And I like your mods too.

No kidding...another glass collector? I run glassclubs.com which encompasses 3 different clubs....check it out if you are interested in art glass..... www.glassclubs.com Back your your regularly scheduled program....sorry for the interruption...

Warner

Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'm not a very good collector - I only have a few pieces b/c I have nowhere to display them. I used to have an apartment that had a bay window and I built shelves for my vases and plates and you could see the color - here I only have bookcases with no light behind them. But eBay has been helpful with replacement of one vase I lost years ago...Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
I am a total noob in spoilers and bodykit stuff, i will definitely post some pix so that u guys can give me a hint about the kit i have on it.
Thanking u in advance
Cheers

Some pix not the best though

I like that front end intake area grille thing. And I can't get over how much I like that color.

I've always been a fan of the light, non-metallic colors...the ones that are hints of color.

VW and Porsche have both had white kissed with color.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Green Honda Jazz Cars & Vehicles For Sale - Sun Local

There is a color in there that is like our Tidewater Blue Metallic, I believe it's called Opal Green...it changes color depending on lighting, just like TBM.

Did not find a name for the lighter neon green type color.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I picked Silver Storm Metallic because:

1. I park outside. My last Civic was NHBP and it was hard to keep clean. Silver is also a forgiving color and helps to hide any imperfections/swirls.

2. I bought the Fit upon graduating college, so I wanted a color that I could consider "mature" and practical. For some reason I feel like I wouldn't be taken as seriously if I pulled up to an interview in a BOM Fit instead of SSM. I dunno, I'm weird.

3. I liked SSM b/c it wasn't a typical Silver. It's a darker silver. It's color changes depending on the weather. On a bright day it's seems lighter, on a cloudy day it looks darker.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I picked Silver Storm Metallic because:

1. I park outside. My last Civic was NHBP and it was hard to keep clean. Silver is also a forgiving color and helps to hide any imperfections/swirls.

2. I bought the Fit upon graduating college, so I wanted a color that I could consider "mature" and practical. For some reason I feel like I wouldn't be taken as seriously if I pulled up to an interview in a BOM Fit instead of SSM. I dunno, I'm weird.

3. I liked SSM b/c it wasn't a typical Silver. It's a darker silver. It's color changes depending on the weather. On a bright day it's seems lighter, on a cloudy day it looks darker.
SSM wasn't my first choice, I really wanted the black one.. but somehow the dealership got me to choose SSM literally the last minute.. but I am glad I got SSM because of the above reasons now. although i love how a clean waxed black fit has that mirror finish to it. All the waxing and polishing on a ssm doesnt show off enough of the effort put in.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
I ended up with a rare color: Black Amethyst Pearl.

It started like this:
I was in 2006 desiding that I wanted a car. So after test driving about 18 diffrent cars in 2006. I was still hooked on the Jazz that I had testet back in 2002.

Then the color question came up. I had no hurry on getting a car so I could gladly wait 3 month to get the color I wanted.

White is too dull for me.
Red has potential for fading.
Blue is nice and could be a nice car, but there is too many blue cars.
Silver is nice but there is way too many silver cars in this town.
Yellow is too much attention, I want more stealth.
So Black was the color I wanted.

I ordered a Nighthawk Black Pearl back in October 2006 from my local dealer. They only had red and silver in so I had to wait those three months.

In January I got a phonecall from the dealer telling me that the only NBP car arriving to this country was even three more month delayed. But he had other options. So I went back to his office and was given an huge sample off all the colors Honda could provide. It was at least 40-50 diffrent colors. As standard we have about 9 of them in Norway.

He told me that in the south of my country there was a rare Black Amethyst Pearl colored car. It was one of three cars taken in to see if there was a marked for that color. The car had just arrived into the country and I could have it in jsut a matter of weeks (transport from south to the north).

I looked at the colorsample and fell in love immediately!

And I am still in love with this color, and have no regrets not getting the NBP color.
It has diffrent shades depending on how much light there is and how the lights hit the car. In dull lights and dark, it looks black. When there is a little more light like cloudy day, it looks dark still, but with a hint of a color that is hard to see what color it is at once.
But when the sun shine on it, it sparkles in diffrent shades of Violet colors. All from dark to bright violet.

See the image here:

Click on the image to see more images.
Awesome color!
we don't have this color here!
It surely stands out!
Nice pick m8!

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?