General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Selden
That explains why I could never figure out what Tidewater Blue looks like.

Average age on this forum appears to be pretty young. I'll bet few here remember the Honda N600.

Our first new car was a 1970 Honda N600: 125" bumper to bumper, with a 2-cylinder, air cooled engine.

I put Koni shocks on the rear, heavier oil in the front struts, and installed domestic market spec. camshaft and 45mm CV carb to bring the engine up to maybe 40 bhp -- it would out-drag stock VWs of the era. We once got it up to 95 mph on a long straight at 5000 feet, and it would cruise all day at 65-70, delivering 45 mpg on the highway, 35 mpg around town, which made the 7 gallon gas tank easier to live with. Woo woo -- $3 fillups at $0.50 a gallon. We paid $1600 new in 1970, and sold it for $1000 8 years later with 93,000 miles on it. Best car value we've ever had.

Sounds like a fun car! One of my other hobbies is air cooled VW's. My current ride has a wild 2276cc engine built by one of the best VW engine builders in the business out in Orange County. The engine made 204 HP and 176 ft lbs of torque on this dyno pull. My car weighs 1600 pounds....so you can do the math. It's wicked. Here's a link to the dyno pull - no turbo or other "adders":

YouTube - My DRD VW 2276 Engine on the dyno

Warner

PS - Unlike every Honda I've ever owned, this thing is almost always broken somehow! Ha!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Selden
That explains why I could never figure out what Tidewater Blue looks like.

Average age on this forum appears to be pretty young. I'll bet few here remember the Honda N600.

Our first new car was a 1970 Honda N600: 125" bumper to bumper, with a 2-cylinder, air cooled engine.

I put Koni shocks on the rear, heavier oil in the front struts, and installed domestic market spec. camshaft and 45mm CV carb to bring the engine up to maybe 40 bhp -- it would out-drag stock VWs of the era. We once got it up to 95 mph on a long straight at 5000 feet, and it would cruise all day at 65-70, delivering 45 mpg on the highway, 35 mpg around town, which made the 7 gallon gas tank easier to live with. Woo woo -- $3 fillups at $0.50 a gallon. We paid $1600 new in 1970, and sold it for $1000 8 years later with 93,000 miles on it. Best car value we've ever had.
I'd be squawking recently about wanting Honda to bring back the Z600, like these:
http://my.reset.jp/~inu/ProductsDataBase/Products/HONDA/HONDA_Z/HONDA_Z.htm

As their version of a city car, like Smart. But make it inexpensive to buy, awesome on gas, something everyone could afford. Like they used to be.

Cars for scooting around town, running errands, commuting. Put a hatch on it. Tiny back seat or flip it down for more stuff to be carried. Keep it SMALL.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I'd be squawking recently about wanting Honda to bring back the Z600, like these:
http://my.reset.jp/~inu/ProductsDataBase/Products/HONDA/HONDA_Z/HONDA_Z.htm

As their version of a city car, like Smart. But make it inexpensive to buy, awesome on gas, something everyone could afford. Like they used to be.

Cars for scooting around town, running errands, commuting. Put a hatch on it. Tiny back seat or flip it down for more stuff to be carried. Keep it SMALL.

OMG, I wish I was old enough to be in the 70's... jeeze, that Z looks like the Datsun Z series cars... I think they are from the same blood...

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AL3X
All my hondas have been red, my favorite color combination has always been red and black so there was no contest choosing the red this time either. I was leaning towards the silver and the blue but the silver just looked so unassuming and the blue, well every guy chooses blue as their favorite color.

You and me both, get some black and red carbon fiber from rogue, he makes great products.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I've seen Tidewater Blue and it always looks like Pastel Blue to me.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, NBP is a !@#$% to keep clean but when it's clean, it's sooo nice looking. When it's dirty it's DIRTY.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
It has been very close to three years since my car was really clean.... The last time it was clean it was used as a target for shopping carts in a Wal-Mart parking lot..... People never break into or vandalize dirty cars.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
We got the tidewater blue Fit Sport because it was the one massively discounted. Not our ideal color.

Whatever, the color is one of the biggest beefs we have with the car. A nice problem to have!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Mine was one of only four Fits within 100 miles of the house. Of the four, three were MR, one VBP. We wanted the VBP one, but Honda of Clarksville refused to come down from 17,300. They had a used MR Sport for $18K. I paid $16,450 for my MR Base, everything included.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
used to have a black prelude and had to wash the car every week; thought silver is the least obvious one, and i think i was wrong

Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 PM
i really wanted the orange but at the time the dealer only had white and silver in the manual... i love driving manual so i chose the white one

Old 07-19-2009, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Tidewater Blue rocks!

From looking at the Honda website I had narrowed my choices to the silver metallic and the T. Blue. At first I was leaning toward the silver
because the T. Blue just looked way too pale. But when I saw one
on the lot I fell in love with it. It really does seem to change color
in different lights and I enjoy that feature.
The only colors I know I didn't want were the black and the white.
I have never liked those colors, too plain and you have to be constantly
cleaning the car to keep it looking nice.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
I literally walked into the dealership and said "I need a ride to work!"

All they had was an 09 SportMT Storm Silver Metallic.

The end.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
TW is nice. Mainly cause my buddy had a clean white car so why not? I also like evo's and that kinda got me into liking white cars

Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Had an '85 Black GTI, as much as I like black for a car, I'll never have another one. Too much work keeping it clean, and gets too hot when parked in the sun.

I'm currently taking care of my brother's Sonota, it's the bluish silver color, and I prefer more of the silver than blue.

Went with the SSM for the Fit I'm picking up Monday. Really like that dark shade of silver, and the color reminds me somewhat of the silver Contour SVT I had for awhile, until it left with my ex .

Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 AM
My choices were either Black Crystal Pearl, Blue Sensation Pearl, or Orange Revolution.

Black is perfect but like everyone says it gets too hot and we get pretty hot summers. Blue was so close to my 00 EBP Civic SI that decided to pass on it. Orange wins out this time and see how I like if after some time. (picking it up early next week)

I do like the Taffeta White but already have a white car.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
I had every intent of getting the Storm Silver met. color. But when i got to the dealer i really liked the Tidewater blue color. Its not flashy and doesn't look like it would show the dirt ( as i can go months without cleaning my cars). I hope i'll like it :-)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:57 AM
I decided to go with the BBP because I have always liked darker cars. My friends tried to warn me that the car would show dirt a lot easier. What they fail to realize is that it's all about perspective.

My old civic didn't have the nice metallic glossy paint like my Fit. It looked like they accidentally dropped an ashtray in the paint but by the time they figured it out it was too late to stop. So even though it may show more, it still looks great to me

Old 07-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Sai
BBP because I liked it the best (and my favorite color), although TW was right up next to it.

I don't regret my decision at all.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
I wanted a white fit...but in 2008 that wasn't going to happen. I looked for a used 2007 in white and I would have spent more on a used than a new so that ruled out white.
I then decided I wanted the blackberry pearl, I loved the color. Went to put my deposit down and someone had already called dibs on that color. I then went with my third choice which was vivid blue pearl and I absolutely love it!! I even like it more than the blackberry pearl now!

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?