General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
I saw a Fit Sport for a reasonable price that was NBP and I like NBP especially because my last car was NBP so I went with it.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Great replies everyone, thanks!!! See I knew my question wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I knew everyone just doesn't go with their favorite color. I think I've eliminated black from my list (even though it looks so sweet when its clean) because of how hard it is to keep clean and yes tafetta white, because of the summer heat and the night time driving. By the way, great post!

Right now I'm leaning towards 1) Silver Metallic 2) Blue Sensation Pearl 3) Black. It will basically come down to what the dealer has in stock. Thanks for all the replies.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
vbp is sex, but I am not down with the bsp

Would like black, but not honda paint.

white is awesome.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:18 PM
There were several items of much higher priority to me than color - it had to be an '07, a stickshift, a sport model, and the asking price had to be blue book or under. In the used car market, that limited what was available by a LOT - I found 1 within 150 miles of me, so I bought it. It's red.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM
All my hondas have been red, my favorite color combination has always been red and black so there was no contest choosing the red this time either. I was leaning towards the silver and the blue but the silver just looked so unassuming and the blue, well every guy chooses blue as their favorite color.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AintNoStoppinMeNow
Great replies everyone, thanks!!! See I knew my question wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I knew everyone just doesn't go with their favorite color. I think I've eliminated black from my list (even though it looks so sweet when its clean) because of how hard it is to keep clean and yes tafetta white, because of the summer heat and the night time driving. By the way, great post!

Right now I'm leaning towards 1) Silver Metallic 2) Blue Sensation Pearl 3) Black. It will basically come down to what the dealer has in stock. Thanks for all the replies.
Don't forget to browse the threads in Fit Pictures and Videos that have color-specific stickies:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-pictures-videos/

Lots of photos in real life situations. Much easier to get an overall view of any specific color.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by AintNoStoppinMeNow
Now this may sound like a silly question because obviously, you go with your favorite color. However, did anyone base their decision on other factors? For example, you like black and/or white cars but went with another color because they look dirty/show dings easier than other colors. Or you went with a certain color over another because less people have that color? Just wanted to get into everyone's head when it came to picking up a color. I'm literally torn between blue sensation, crystal black pearl and storm silver metallic.
When I went to the dealer to shop, I wanted Revolution Orange, but after looking at all the colors, I really liked the Taffeta White the best, and I don't see as many on the road as the other colors.

Last edited by Taffeta Fit; 07-15-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
My 3 cents...

I own a 2008 Fit Sport MT and when deciding on color-my first choice was the copper. Unfortunately the dealer had none at the time and I didn't want to wait to purchase. They did have a SSM and VBP and the one I test drove (and bought) in MR. MR happened to be my second choice. The silver looked drab to me and I have never been a fan of blue cars. My previous 3 cars were silver (2) and Dk Slate Grey (1). Slate Grey looks the classiest IMO.

The only color I would consider for the 2009 model would be the TW-not that I'm a fan of the 09 style.

So there you have it. Oh, I had always heard that silver/grey cars were the most dangerous color on the road, particularly at dusk and in the rain. The grey hue tends to blend in with the darkening environment making it difficult to see on the road (the road which also consists of shades of gray and/or black). Never stopped me from purchasing one though .

Old 07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I got black because it was the only one they had. I would buy it again, but not w/out a clear bra

Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
i wanted tafetta white but they didnt have it so i got vivid blue pearl just go for your fav color =]

Old 07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
ive had two white cars (almost painted one silver) and a black car. i would have picked red, but honda is(was at the time) painting the saaaaaame milano red that infamous as fading to pink, so i picked silver. i couldnt be happier. i never have to wash it, and it doesnt show scratches very much

Old 07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
i got white and i got into an accident!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I haven't bought it yet (waiting for CARS program to finally be usable), but I chose the Revolution Orange for a couple of reasons.

1 - I've had cars in all the other colors. The orange is really flashy and different, so I'm going to give it a shot.

2 - My teenage sons don't care for it and since they love to irritate me, it's payback time. Hahaha! Just kidding....they are both pretty good kids.

Warner

Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I did not pick my MR Fit it picked me! I had an order in for a VBP for over 2 months when it did not show up at the dealership. They told me that it would be another month to wait. The MR came in and the people did not get their loan so they lost the car. The salesman did not know my home number and he instructed them to park the MR by the showroom. He said if I went pass and saw the car - I would stop. Which I did! Found out the car was available and since I really loved the MR when I saw it in person decided I just could not wait another month. I am glad that I went with the MR - it has really grown on me.

Cat :x

Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I want Vivid Blue Pearl but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it without having to wait. (I've been watching the dealership and I haven't seen them stock up on VBP in months.) I'd love to get Orange or Red but my husband doesn't like those colors and this car will be for bother of us. *sniffles*

I refuse to buy black (though it really does look cool!) because I'll be in Texas and I don't feel like roasting to death. The Dark Purple and Blue colors have the same problems as black. (It amazes me that anyone in Texas actually buys black cars!)

So if I can't get VBP I'll go with either silver or white. I actually don't like either of those colors on a car. I find them a bit boring and white reminds me of my Grandparent's car. But I'll go with what they have and what won't absorb the heat as much.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I guess my favorite color right now is green. I wouldn't want it on a car or want to wear it or decorate my house in it, but I still really like that color.

Last edited by draw2much; 07-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Cars are white.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
1. Current car is silver; time for a change
2. Live in the southern US -- black or dark colors are not an option, especially with marginal Fit AC. I once had a white Honda in Saudi Arabia, and measured an interior temperature of 180 degrees with an oven thermometer -- I can only guess how much hotter a black car would be.
3. I had a red car once; the paint didn't age well, which seems to be typical for reds.
4. If Fits were available in screaming yellow, that would be my choice.
5. Since screaming yellow is not an option, white or tidewater blue; decided that white is too blah and difficult to keep clean, so it's going to be TB.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Selden
1. Current car is silver; time for a change
2. Live in the southern US -- black or dark colors are not an option, especially with marginal Fit AC. I once had a white Honda in Saudi Arabia, and measured an interior temperature of 180 degrees with an oven thermometer -- I can only guess how much hotter a black car would be.
3. I had a red car once; the paint didn't age well, which seems to be typical for reds.
4. If Fits were available in screaming yellow, that would be my choice.
5. Since screaming yellow is not an option, white or tidewater blue; decided that white is too blah and difficult to keep clean, so it's going to be TB.
I think you'll enjoy that color. It's like it changes color...

Sometimes it looks silvery:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post695981

Sometimes it looks like a gray-blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post687586

Or a deeper sky blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post688159

Or an icy blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post694366

And I can't find a picture right now, but sometimes it takes on a purplish hue too. So if you are in a parking lot and can't spot your own car right away and think it might have been stolen, look again.

Maybe it just changed it's color like a chameleon.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
I always wanted a '99-'00 Civic SI, and alas that never came true.

So a VBP GD3 is the closest color to an EBP EM1.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
That explains why I could never figure out what Tidewater Blue looks like.

Average age on this forum appears to be pretty young. I'll bet few here remember the Honda N600.

Our first new car was a 1970 Honda N600: 125" bumper to bumper, with a 2-cylinder, air cooled engine.

I put Koni shocks on the rear, heavier oil in the front struts, and installed domestic market spec. camshaft and 45mm CV carb to bring the engine up to maybe 40 bhp -- it would out-drag stock VWs of the era. We once got it up to 95 mph on a long straight at 5000 feet, and it would cruise all day at 65-70, delivering 45 mpg on the highway, 35 mpg around town, which made the 7 gallon gas tank easier to live with. Woo woo -- $3 fillups at $0.50 a gallon. We paid $1600 new in 1970, and sold it for $1000 8 years later with 93,000 miles on it. Best car value we've ever had.

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?