General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 PM
i picked mine because in my region its the only reare color for a fit to have,i often see black,blue,green etc but not the color that i decided to have...
1st car that i have was colored black,it was cool but it easily catches dust and dirt not because it does but because its dark,dust and dirt is easily noticeable...

Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my 2007 model in July 2006 after putting down a deposit on one after 2 months of trying to find one... I received a phone call about a silver sport model with manual transmission 120 miles away and went to pick it up... I was more interested in the car itself than the color since I wouldn't be seeing that much of it when behind the wheel... If it had been a color like the strawberry shortcake bicycles back in the early 90s there is a possibility that I would have passed on it.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Wanted a manual transmission dealer said give me your top four colors, white, silver, gray and red in that order. I ended up with red this is my first red car but m/t seems hard to get even in the fit. Kind of reminds me of the 80s import quota on Japanese cars you took what you could get.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 PM
TW, because my favorite color is white. Like someone mentioned before, it's a blank piece of paper. anything done to it will look good.

but imo any color on a car looks great, though i somewhat dislike black on a car. previous experience with a 91 accord being parked for 8 hours while i worked and got inside was hell. in fact it's ridiculous how outside temperature was lower than inside temp!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
since i already have a white 09 GE, i wanted to get a blue '12 this time, but ended up with silver cause of very limited stock of MT in my area. there were plenty of blue's in AT to choose from.

so i chose silver.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
I am waiting to see what the next generation Fit looks like and the changes, if I like it I will order mine color in advance to get the color I want. If not rumor is that the Civic will be offering a hatchback in 2016 when it has a complete makeover.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I chose raspberry because it's the closest thing to having a teal car. I'm into the older Hondas and in my community teal is a delicacy. Lol I've had mostly white cars and I like the white just not on a fit. I know the raspberry will be harder to find later on so im happy.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I just bought a black 08 Fit, my first black vehicle. I lean towards neutral, so I was only interested in silver and black, easiest resale in my opinion. I could be persuaded outside of those colors, but just could never to the blaze orange or red (sorry freaks...I mean Fit Freaks).

Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
When I started searching for my Fit, one of my rules was it must not be any shade of white, gray, black, or silver. Frankly, I was tired of boring colors; my last four cars had been black or silver. I wanted something fun. Also a car with color is also easier to spot, which I believe improves its visibility on the road (safety), and easier to find in a parking lot. As far as resale goes, I really didn't care since I plan to keep the Fit for at least 8 years and turn it over to my son when he's old enough to drive.

I then ranked the available colors and started searching:
1. Raspberry Blue
2. Milano Red
3. Vortex Blue
4. Blaze Orange

...And, I hit a wall. My other rule was my Fit had to be a Sport Manual, no exceptions. Of the 17 Honda dealers in my area, I was lucky if any of them had more than one Manual, usually a white base. Finding ANY Blue Raspberry was harder than finding a unicorn. After a couple of frustrating months, I finally caught a break. A dealer had Red, Vortex Blue, and Blaze Orange. I headed down and saw them parked side by side. I swear if I had the cash I would have bought all three. Instead I immediately headed for the Red and never looked back.

Ironically, the next week I saw three different Blue Raspberries on the road (with different license tags). But that's OK; when it's clean the Red really shines and it still bring a smile to my face.