General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by awptickes
I didn't pick my car's color.

My girlfriend and parents told me "No silver, black, or red" and my girlfriend told me "No white or that girly blue."

That kinda left me with orange and dark blue. I didn't want a sport, so I went with blue.
If your gf or parents said nothing, what would have been your absolutely fave color?

You know, that orange has kinda grown on me since I've seen it more around town. You know how you get a car and then you start noticing them everywhere? I drove right by a 2010 Silver Storm Fit today. Almost wanted to wave but the girl was on her cell phone.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
I probably would have gotten silver.

I'm just boring, and I wanted a color that was un-remarkable and common.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I probably would have gotten silver.

I'm just boring, and I wanted a color that was un-remarkable and common.
Hey, now. I think the Storm Silver is cool looking! But I don't believe anyone is boring. We all have something brilliant inside.

I like the dark blue. Kinda mysterious.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I didn't pick my car's color.

My girlfriend and parents told me "No silver, black, or red" and my girlfriend told me "No white or that girly blue."

That kinda left me with orange and dark blue. I didn't want a sport, so I went with blue.

Ummmm, you left out Blackberry Pearl. It's dark purple with turquoise flecks in it. When it's a sunny day it looks more purple but if it's overcast, the color fades to navy blue.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
never thought my thread on this topic would reach 10 pages. Just goes to show how different we all are and how a simple decision like picking a color for a car can be so important and so thought out.

keep the replies coming, it's great hearing everyone's background on their choices.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Color Decisions

I kept procrastinating buying a Fit because I could not decide on a color. The Taffeta White is very sharp looking, but my since old Suabru is white, I wanted something different. I had had a silver car previously and have never owned a blue car.
I would have gotten red if it had been a metallic red. I finally went to the dealer at the end of April and told the salesman I had been working with that I finally decided on a color--I want Blue Sensation.. They had a base model in stock, but I wanted a Sport. He did a search within a 500 mile radius and none were to be found. He found a "light blue" and I had only seen one in that color before and it was on a trip back east to Maryland. It was pretty, so I said ok that might work.

I had to wait nearly a month for them to get the car in--but am really happy with my choice. I really love the way it transforms depending on the lighting.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
If I had to get a 2nd Fit, it would be red or the Blackberry Pearl.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
I picked white because my EP was white...Taffeta White (exact same color) to be exact. I loved the way the car looked in all lights, the ease of care and the way the car stayed cool even on the hottest days.

If I had it to do all over again, I would probably choose red. Everytime I see a red Fit (which isn't often except on the boards) I just think about how hot it would be with some black rims and carbon fiber add ons.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I bought my fit today. I went with silver because I already have a white car and my household would have a total of 4 white cars if I did get white.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Thumbs up Blackberry Pearl for me!

Usually I look for a medium colored car, white and black are too hard to keep clean. Don't like red, just seems to attract tickets, the neon orange can be put in that group also.
So far I have eliminated
Crystal Black Pearl
Milano Red
Orange Revolution Metallic
Taffeta White (my wife especially hates white)

The light blue was too light for my taste, don't really like blue cars so throw out the dark blue also.
Tidewater Blue Metallic
Blue Sensation Pearl-(Would have been 3rd choice)

That left:
Blackberry Pearl
Storm Silver Metallic

The Blackberry was a little dark, but I liked the uniqueness, there might be other Fits in that color, but not many cars are purple. And it wasn't a Barney purple, looks almost black.

The Storm Silver would be nice, but there are lots of silver cars on the road also.

So we went with the Blackberry, my wife's favorite color, and my daughter approved. My son wanted the red one...

Keith S. :{)>

Old 07-31-2010, 09:39 AM
storm silver metallic
they only had 3 Fits at the time
the other two were black and orange

orange- um no I don't want anyone to think I'm a Texas Longhorn fan
black- shows too much dirt and hot

Old 08-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Saw a BSP on the road one day, loved it. Had to go find one, they are hard to get around here it seems. I wanted the base MT which was even harder to get.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Lightbulb

I saw my color on the road and thought it looked like a custom paint job and now that I have it and its been waxed alot (13x), I couldn't be more happy.....but white is awesome too because it gives you alot more options as its like a blank piece of paper to mod

My pics were the orange, blue pearl and then white. I wanted a stick so bad that I would've taken any color with a stick except red or black, too much work for a daily driver to keep lookin' good IMO.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Question What colors does the fit come in for different years?

I know that for 2010 it comes in:
Crystal Black Pearl
Milano Red
Orange Revolution Metallic
Taffeta White
Tidewater Blue Metallic
Blue Sensation Pearl
Blackberry Pearl
Storm Silver Metallic

Not sure if all these colors are for both base and sport or not.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I have the Taffeta White, but if I bought a 2nd Fit, it would be Blackberry Pearl.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
The only manual sport at the dealer was SSM.......

guess what color I got ??

At the time I didnt have a choice of waiting, I needed a new car asap, but if I had the choice of waiting, I would have gone Taffy for sure.
I saw a TW in person for the first time yesterday.....so hawt

Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Two choices - BBP - SSM

Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
i dont like silver, which seems to be one of the main fit colors
i didnt like the purple
the orange is nasty
i didnt mind the blue, it would have been my second choice
didnt want a red car
ive always liked white cars, and i like the white and black(storm trooper) look

So i searched around for a white and found a base model at a near by dealership.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I went with the red. My last two cars were silver... and I almost got the silver Fit. Had a black Jetta and swore never to get black again. The red just jumped out at me and it fits my personality. I know it's not for everyone and that is why I like it. When it's waxed, I think it looks great. It doesn't show dust as bad as I thought it would... not nearly as bad as the black Jetta did. It seems everyone has the silver where I live. So many cars are silver (including my last two) that silver got "old" for me. I just hope the red doesn't fade.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:21 PM
it was the last gd3 sport with a manual they had the rest were the new ge and i didnt want the new model so i didnt really choose the color but im not complaining i like my color

Quick Reply: How Did You Pick Your Car Color (Serious)?