General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

must see pic of speedometer...going fast

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by b17gsr
The important thing is, how quickly can you stop from that speed to avoid the unexpected. Something tells me the Fit brakes are not up to the task.
its a risk i know...seeing that your name is b17gsr you had the 1.7 vtec in the older integras...i always wanted to have one of those...did you floor that thing???

Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Liar. You just said that you do not speed, which is BS, then turn around and contradict yourself by saying you do in the same breathe.

Most people in major cities drive 10 to 20 MPH over the posted speed limit. And your example isn't realistic as 99.9% of the driving public would not do 70 MPH in a 20.

To counter your points...

1. Modern highways in CA and FL aren't that bad. I can't speak for any other area though. I'm not talking about doing 110+ MPH constantly but 10 to 20 over, which is fine.
2. Driving record does not neccessarily equal driving ability.
3. 80 MPH is fine for modern highway design.
4. Well call me an optimist but I think most Americans can handle going 80MPH.
The only time i speed is when i travel, and thats 5mph over. Not 10, not 20, 5. And as i said, other than when i'm traveling, i go the speed limit. I'm not getting hot, heated, or angry at anyone here. I'm just saying this is how i drive, i don't feel the need to speed on public roads except for traveling because, its pointless. I perfer to keep a clean driving record than brag about getting pulled over going 45 in a 35 zone. I'm not saying you, or anyone else does, but more or less trying to make a point.

I've been in Florida, and i agree most of the interstates are in fair condition. Most cars could handle 80mph there, but the drivers couldn't. I know you disagree, which is fine, we all have opinions. I've never been in Ca, but you've only named two states out of all the others. There are a ton of crappy roads in the states and i'm sure you realize that. If they raised a limit that high in a specific place, then i see most of your points. But i don't see that happening if they did.

Anyway, again, i'm not getting heated everybody. I hope this guy isn't either.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by dougiepants
Alright lets see one at 5th gear and redline... lol
Dougiepants, get a life

posts designation......

Old 05-04-2006, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Nice picture, I was planning on attempting the same in my Fit, but I guess I don't have to anymore after seeing yours.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Kinda makes you wonder why the speedo goes to 140 if the limiter kicks in at 115.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by DRum
Kinda makes you wonder why the speedo goes to 140 if the limiter kicks in at 115.

Remember back in the 80's, all the speedo only went to 160km/h (85mph). Looked cheap.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by DRum
99.9% of car's speedo's go higher than what they actually can do stock. The xb's speedo goes to 125mph, but can't be acheived unless your boosted or pretty heavily modified n/a. The fit is probably the same unless it has an actual governor on it, then just take it off and go wild with the motor. The motor could probably get to 140mph with some good numbers, but i don't know if the car would feel safe or stable much past 120mph.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Paulo107
its a risk i know...seeing that your name is b17gsr you had the 1.7 vtec in the older integras...i always wanted to have one of those...did you floor that thing???
I still have my 92 GS-R . My kids will have to pry me out of it once the rigamortis has set in. It's been my toy for over 8 years. It's starting to have a nice collection of goodies, and it looks very stock on the outside. Unlike some people here, I have 3 kids, a mortgage and had a shitty high school guidance councillor. So things take time.

I took an ITR owner out for a rip in it last night, by the time we were done driving around, he was asking me for a shopping list! LOL!!!!

It has seen redline in 5th gear multiple times. But the suspension, brakes and tires can quickly get me back to the speed limit without breaking a sweat.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Taking pictures while driving fast is bad mmmkay:
this reminds me of years ago... I drove a honda civic from san francisco to seattle. While driving I snaped a picture with the speed odometer burried. I dont know how fast I was driving. I was following an rx-7. Its nice to see I think like other people while driving...

Old 07-31-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
and why are we doing this?

Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by jeebus
haha, rofl. It's funny that you guys consider that fast. I hit those speeds passing people without even trying sometimes.
i once took my 02 mustang gt at 225kms driving to Edmonton with my wife 4 years ago. I never even looked at my speedometer, i got my wife to tell me how fast i was going.
man....i miss that throaty V8 sound. i dont miss the gas expense though

Old 08-01-2006, 02:13 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
lol this thread still gets looked at

Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I just took that one cause I thought it'd be cool to snap a shot of me going 100 when my car hit 100,000 miles. My car has 168,000 miles now, and that pic was probably the last time I went 100 MPH.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned
Exclamation Liar liar pants on fire!!

Originally Posted by xbowner
The only time i speed is when i travel, and thats 5mph over. Not 10, not 20, 5. And as i said, other than when i'm traveling, i go the speed limit. I'm not getting hot, heated, or angry at anyone here. I'm just saying this is how i drive, i don't feel the need to speed on public roads except for traveling because, its pointless. I perfer to keep a clean driving record than brag about getting pulled over going 45 in a 35 zone. I'm not saying you, or anyone else does, but more or less trying to make a point.

I've been in Florida, and i agree most of the interstates are in fair condition. Most cars could handle 80mph there, but the drivers couldn't. I know you disagree, which is fine, we all have opinions. I've never been in Ca, but you've only named two states out of all the others. There are a ton of crappy roads in the states and i'm sure you realize that. If they raised a limit that high in a specific place, then i see most of your points. But i don't see that happening if they did.

Anyway, again, i'm not getting heated everybody. I hope this guy isn't either.
You have got to be either lying or a real NERD.
Fer real yall I have the need for speed, but I am safe about it, an open highway, empty street late at night, I have been driving since 84 tho. Oh `my GOd am I really that old .. Drove delivery Atlanta, Armored Car in New Orleans 82 Corolla flat out on dirt roads in Georgia hills 99 F150 5.7l wide open Florida and Alabama back roads.
My rule tho no liquor or drugs, know your surroundings dont endanger anyone but yourself . Human nature thrives on adrennallin(?sp)from a game of chess to jumping from an airplane

Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned
My friend in Atlanta had a 75 camaro with a trick 350 thats when I felt the first drop and get it 0toFAST up a hill W>O>W> my brothers friend had an old CVCC rear engine polished and tricked out it was a 5.0 killer in 88.