General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

parking in the ghettos

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
parking in the ghettos

Hey. I box in a ghetto area, but i used to drive a crap car (well...a 96 civic, which i'll sell now that i have the fit), and now i'm afraid to park there now. I know i'm being paranoid, but mayb eit's not so bad. Just ot let u know, twice i've seen car windows shattered, a week or two before i got the fit, i saw an audi with broken window, and the shards were still on teh foor so it was fresh. Last week, in a "event' one person's suburu had their iwndow smashed.

Since i got the fit, i now drive my dad's old mitsu truck, but i can't avoid not parking with my fit in my gym (or SF ) forever. It sucks cuz even tho the gym is a block away from the SF police station (gym is at 6th and bryant), it's near a homeless shelter.

so what are stastics of what cars are more prone to window smashing? I drive a red car btw, and i was wondering if car color increases likihood too. do drunks smash only if they see something appealing? or is smashing completely random, or does it depend on the car as well?

Last edited by Gordio; 04-27-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Well seems that a few people on this site have been having problems with people messing with their cars... Hard to say honestly I think...

Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey, I think I saw you a few days ago driving on 6th towards the 280 onramp. It was the first one I've seen in the Bay Area since the release. It is as you say it. It really depends. I had an old 91 red si that was lowered and tinted with a few appearance upgrades. That car was simply bad luck or maybe the previous owner was a jerk. I had all fours punctured once, my spoiler yanked off, momo steering takin out with the club on, spray painted, and then some. I swear I'll never buy red again but that's just me. And red does stand out a bit.

I would say certain areas in the city is just bad for parking, as a matter of fact, certain areas I wouldn't even walk during the day.

Final word: Some people are just jealous f**ks or simply has nothing better to do than cause others pain.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
My coworker told me something that kinda eased me: insurance will pay for it.

I also gotta drive there. I'm driving there tonite. I can't keep my fit living in a paranoid safety bubble or else it makes the car pointless.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Gordio, it's no better in Oakland and I'm not even in that ghetto of town. And I hate to tell you my car was also red. A 1997 CRV. I think it's the latest thing for the kids out here to just smash and dash. They don't even go in the car. I have an alarm and never left anything in the car, but it would still happen maybe 1-2 times a year. Lately though it really ramped up and this year alone it's been maybe 3x already. That car was great but it just got to be such bad news and bad luck, it was time to go. Sold it quickly. I had to beg my neighbor shop to let me park the Fit (picking it up tonight!!!) in their locked lot at night until I can find a better spot. I'm really so scared for it, but I can't let it deter me from car happiness. And also I just called and confirmed with my insurance that I'm covered, just in case...

Old 04-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Well, someone told me red cars is the niner's colors? and maybe that is a rival for the oakland raiders. dunno anything about sports (maybe getting team colors mixed up), but that might be why oakland wuld hurt red cars.

my coworker, who grew up and was raised in oakland, jokingly and sarcastically responded after i told him my fit was red "go drive around oakland. they'd "love" to see ur car'