General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

CAUTION: all rhd owners or soon to be!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
I would have and almost did go to work for a big city police force.... I was one of two Marine vets that were offered tuition, cars and money to change schools every semester and purchase illicit substances on campus and appear in court at the end of every semester.... It was pretty much a guaranteed degree whether we earned it or not....This was in the same small city where the events that inspired the movie "RUSH" occurred.... I decided to open a VW repair shop instead in Dallas..... The last I heard my friend that went for it was in jail..... Peace keeping is an honorable profession but in my mind law enforcement is something that exist to provide money for a corrupt legal system... I never give anyone a hard time for trying to make a living, and am always impressed with the number of police officer that I have met that have chosen to move on rather work in a place with a system as corrupt as that where I presently reside..... Now that I am an old man I am looked upon as being eccentric instead of the nail that's sticking up.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm, well I got a RHD mini, but thats classic.

Ive seen RHD jdm-ers, and yeah theres nothing against being inside the wrong side of the car, just dont drive on the wrong side of the road! Cars can be imported so it can be RHD, common sense, but as long as it is done and everythings clean, you can have a rhd. People just know its hard to register, so its assumed to be unregistered, uninsured, etc etc.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
JDMchris.com They only crush cars that get impounded from the races.

not true, my buddy just impounded a rhd integra type R the other day and he was just driving during the middle of the day.

The funny part, is that his department is training other officers all over cali just to look for this crap. Reffing and other things of that kind!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Many videos available of cars being crushed from street racing, if you are interested. Here's one story, where some of the things brought up here were brought up in their story, like selling the cars for profit or parting
YouTube - Car Crushing

This one is from Ontario, with some of the young lads having to watch their beauties crushed and are speaking out about what happened:
YouTube - Imports CRUSH

You'll notice that procedures have been followed. They all had a chance to show up in court with paperwork, etc. To show where they got the car or engine or transmission.

Look, you guys, it doesn't matter if it's Bernie Madoff or a friend of a friend, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Whether it's super high returns on an investment, or an awesome ride for a great price, there's something not right there. It's "too good to be true".

And either way, you'd be a victim. Not of the police, but of Bernie Madoff or the person who sold you the car. Maybe the person who tipped you off to the great investment or the person you bought the car from didn't know there were problems. But it still lands in YOUR lap, with the "too good to be true".

Let's turn the tables. Several people have had their stock Honda wheels stolen on this site. The people that steal them aren't stealing them because they themselves have NO wheels and won't be able to get to their legitimate job without stealing wheels from someone's car. LOL! They steal them to resell and have money. They might steal your wheels this week. Sell them at a flea market. They used by someone else, who then might sell them to someone else. Who then sells the car to another person.

Whose wheels are those?

Gents, those are YOUR WHEELS. Not all those other people, none of them has a legitimate claim to those wheels. No matter how they got the wheels, or if they were attached to a car they bought, those are still YOUR WHEELS.

If the police came along and managed to pull over someone for racing a car that had YOUR WHEELS on it, whose wheels are they? They are still YOUR WHEELS. Reported stolen.

If the vehicles that are being crushed are crushed because they are full of stolen stuff, who knows how much else in there is stolen. Selling the car carcass after removing the stolen parts will only encourage people to drop new engines in, and where did those engines come from? More stolen engines? More stolen wheels? More stolen transmissions?

Don't ask for trouble, and you won't get so much.

Jazz JD3, awesome Mini! What year is that? What year did they drop the door hinge thingies? Oh, I looked up the door hinge thing:
Google Translate

Still, would be cool for you to tell folks more about your Mini. Maybe in the "Other Cars" section?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by chrisvaccaro

not true, my buddy just impounded a rhd integra type R the other day and he was just driving during the middle of the day.

The funny part, is that his department is training other officers all over cali just to look for this crap. Reffing and other things of that kind!
Is the car legal?? Is it getting crushed??

Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Legal cars don't get crushed. End or story. Do it legally, and you won't get it impounded.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisvaccaro

It was probably unregistered then. But they ONLY CRUSH street racing cars.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
It was registered, ITS THE MOD THAT WAS DONE TO HIS CAR, RHD LOL!! True jdm will not get crushed, its the guys that illegally swap it over. Most of the guys that drive illegally rhd cars have illegal engines. I HAVE PERSONALLY LOOKED OVER THE FILES AND HAVE SEEN THE CARS UP IN PERSON. But then again you know more than me.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jazz GD3
Hmm, well I got a RHD mini, but thats classic.

Ive seen RHD jdm-ers, and yeah theres nothing against being inside the wrong side of the car, just dont drive on the wrong side of the road! Cars can be imported so it can be RHD, common sense, but as long as it is done and everythings clean, you can have a rhd. People just know its hard to register, so its assumed to be unregistered, uninsured, etc etc.
I didnt know you live in SGV and own a Fit, seen you driving the Mini around before

Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
they only crush cars that were involved with street racing and/or have stolen parts on the car. otherwise, with registration issues, its usually a hefty fine and if the owner cant pay the fine, he forfeits his car and it is auctioned off. illegally converting a car to RHD is not grounds for forfeiture of your car, but more so than not, driving an illegally converted car on public roads will bring with it a fine that in some cases will be more than the car is worth.