General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sprt muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Sprt muffler

Well i got my Honda Factory Performance muffler today, and i still swear it looks almost like teh Spoon Sports Street Type Silencer muffler, though slightly different, install took about 5 minutes, and the muffler produce's a deep tone, not loud and raspity, but deep, once it's more broken in though it should get even deeper sounding once teh packing burns some, but overall i'm happy with it.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I saw that on College Hills Honda site when I ordered a few of my accessories but close to $300 for a axle back that is mainly just for looks and sound and not really performance isnt worth it for me. I would rather pay double that for the Fujitsubo Power Getter and know that I am getting some performance along with the looks and sound.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Is your a 5-speed or auto? I read that it only fits the m/t which I thought was kinda odd.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:58 AM
i've only seen a few pics...

dont look right, looks like a strap-on muffler tip.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
HFP Muffler

Have you broken in your car already? Have you really gotten to at least feel (read: butt dyno) the difference between stock and the HFP muffler? It would have been nice if you could have taken some pictures of both mufflers next to each other as well as on the car before/after. Since it does only take 5 mins to install it, maybe you could for other readers on the board?

I'm curious as to whether there is actually no power gain. It seems kind of hard to believe that Honda Factory Performance would put out a muffler that is just for sounds and no actual performance gain. Is the piping bigger on the muffler compared to stock?

Old 04-26-2006, 06:36 AM
After i get get the entire car rebuffed (including wheels and headlights) thanks to a local car wash that i'll never go to again, and they are also paying for the entire car to be rebuffed, i wil be getting pictures, and no i haven't really broken the car in yet, only have about 240 miles on it right now, so it might take me about another week or so, but my main concern is gettingthe car to look brand new again, since it's scratched all to hell from teh car wash.

EDIT: sorry i forgot to mention mine is a 5spd.

Last edited by Tomh; 04-26-2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I have a quick question. Why is it listed for M/T only and not for the A/T as well. For the life of me I can't figure out what the difference would make unless the exaust piping is different between the M/T and the A/T, which from the axle back it shouldn't be.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Question

My dealer speculates that the model with the auto tranny is more contingent in its' operations regarding a certain back pressure?

Old 04-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by fitwit
I have a quick question. Why is it listed for M/T only and not for the A/T as well. For the life of me I can't figure out what the difference would make unless the exaust piping is different between the M/T and the A/T, which from the axle back it shouldn't be.
the part numbers are different according to honda parts catalog, which in turn may in fact mean that it is different, atleast logic would think, physical though how do they compare, i have no clue, not without setting the 2 beside each other.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
The Sport Muffler will fit fine on the auto. honda cant advertise it as being available because some states have noise restrictions and it registers too loud on the auto. Go figure, so if you want, and you have an auto, you can get the sport muffler. Just be warned that you may get busted for noise violation if it applys in your state
Neal

Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
The Sport Muffler will fit fine on the auto. honda cant advertise it as being available because some states have noise restrictions and it registers too loud on the auto. Go figure, so if you want, and you have an auto, you can get the sport muffler. Just be warned that you may get busted for noise violation if it applys in your state
Neal
oise violation, LOL, it doesn't even barely make any noise, just a low soft tone taht's barely noticable, if one were to get pulled over for it, it would not only be funny, but also easy to fight since i'm very sure it'll never be able to reach near 95 decibles and it's a stock replacement item from a dealer which i'm sure is federally approved emissions equipement for the Entire U.S. including the great state of Cali.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I am telling you what I was told at the Honda ride and drive by Honda. There are certain states that have annual inspections and the automatic Fit with the soprt muffler is too loud for that states requirments. Otherwise you can install it, Honda did thier job by stating that it is only for the 5 MT. It has absolutly nothing to do with emissions. Dont take my word for it, Call Honda.
Neal

Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I get what your saying, but it doesn't make since why it would be louder on a auto versus manual, one would actually almost think it would be the other way around to be honest.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Dont know,that is just the official word from Honda

Old 04-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Either way after a little research, it looks like DC Sport might be the maker of the muffler, since they are the one's who make so far most of the HFP parts, and accessories, which wouldn't suprise me since Honda sponsors the AEM/ DC Sport drag car and drift car.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Tomh, can u record the sound of your HFP sport muffler?
I really want to hear the sound.
I am thinking to get the HPF muffler

Old 08-08-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tomh
Either way after a little research, it looks like DC Sport might be the maker of the muffler, since they are the one's who make so far most of the HFP parts, and accessories, which wouldn't suprise me since Honda sponsors the AEM/ DC Sport drag car and drift car.
That's interesting because AEM DC sports needed a car to design an exhaust for. If they were working hand in hand with Honda, then they wouldn't have asked for an R&D car since they might have had one long before it came out.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Keep Fit
Tomh, can u record the sound of your HFP sport muffler?
I really want to hear the sound.
I am thinking to get the HPF muffler
i can take a vid with my camera, but i can't promise how soon to post it, since i'll have to take a crash course in posting a vid.