General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

North American Fit Invoice Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:08 PM
North American Fit Invoice Prices

I got this information from the USC Credit Union website. They have a service for buying cars and also do car loans.

The following are just invoice only, no destination fees.

Fit Sport AT - $15,296.99
Fit Sport MT - $14,532.96
Fit AT - $14,036.34
Fit MT - $13,272.30

Website: http://64.58.131.38/buy/carcntr/default_windows.htm
When you click on the "build your own" link, it'll take you to a page that contains the invoice price.

Last edited by dancingsun; 04-25-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
I got this information from the USC Credit Union website. They have a service for buying cars and also do car loans.

The following are just invoice only, no destination fees.

Fit Sport AT - $15,296.99
Fit Sport MT - $14,532.96
Fit AT - $14,036.34
Fit MT - $13,272.30

Website: http://64.58.131.38/buy/carcntr/default_windows.htm
When you click on the "build your own" link, it'll take you to a page that contains the invoice price.

If this information is accurate, that means those dealers that try to give you the impression that they are only making a few hundred bucks by selling the car to you at MSRP is flat out lying.
if this information is accurate, you deserve a F in math.

msrp for fit sport automatic is 15970 before destination, which makes it 696 dollars.

they are not flat out lying, but you are flat out stupid.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Oops you are correct. I didn't even use my math. :P

Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
they are not flat out lying, but you are flat out stupid.
Dude, you are flat out rude

Thanks for the info, dancingsun...the prices you state fall in line with the 500 to 800 over invoice MSRP that other people have been banding about.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Abiding Dude
Dude, you are flat out rude
yes, i indeed am.

if he didnt take that cheap shot at the dealership, i would have let him slide, but he did, so i have no choice but to set him straight.

respect is a 2 way street, show it and you'll get it.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
yes, i indeed am.

if he didnt take that cheap shot at the dealership, i would have let him slide, but he did, so i have no choice but to set him straight.

respect is a 2 way street, show it and you'll get it.
Heh, it's alright for for aywwsd to feel offended. I made a statement without any actual calculation. I was wrong, and I accept it.

However, dealers would get the respect that they so wanted if they didn't take cheapshots and flat out lie at (potential) customers so frequently. Which made me made that statement reflexively. If you (aywwsd) can set aside your emotions and just point out my error, I'm sure you would get the respect that you deserved. Like you said, respect is a 2 way street. But, respect begins as a one way street. Someone has to show the respect first. Would I show respect to other dealers after another has shown me how rude they can be? Chances are slim.

If you want my apology, you'll have it. Because I did made a blatant false accusation, although (suprisingly) unknowingly. But please show that you are mature and professional when you are posting under the role of an automotive dealer. Otherwise, the 2 way street will never be of respect.

Edit: On the other hand, my original post didn't include that comment at the end, but it wasn't getting any responses and was going down the postings list. Well, at least that stupid comment brought it up, and now people can have the information they need to bargain for their brand new Honda Fit

Last edited by dancingsun; 04-25-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
Heh, it's alright for for aywwsd to feel offended. I made a statement without any actual calculation. I was wrong, and I accept it.

However, dealers would get the respect that they so wanted if they didn't take cheapshots and flat out lie at (potential) customers so frequently. Which made me made that statement reflexively. If you (aywwsd) can set aside your emotions and just point out my error, I'm sure you would get the respect that you deserved. Like you said, respect is a 2 way street. But, respect begins as a one way street. Someone has to show the respect first. Would I show respect to other dealers after another has shown me how rude they can be? Chances are slim.

If you want my apology, you'll have it. Because I did made a blatant false accusation, although (suprisingly) unknowingly. But please show that you are mature and professional when you are posting under the role of an automotive dealer. Otherwise, the 2 way street will never be of respect.

Edit: On the other hand, my original post didn't include that comment at the end, but it wasn't getting any responses and was going down the postings list. Well, at least that stupid comment brought it up, and now people can have the information they need to bargain for their brand new Honda Fit
i dont flame/insult anyone unless it's warranted. however, you apologized for your mistake, there is nothing further more i need or can say.

dealerships lie for the same reason customer lie to us. every day i get someone that needs to pick up their daughter, or 2000 is all they can afford, yet after the deal, they buy a 1500 dollar warranty from f&i, etc.

i expect every single one of my customer to lie to me, i dont take it personally. i expect it, and i accept it.

because the cars are not fixed on price, these actions are expected. to the cosumers, there can never be enough discounts, even if the price is already dirt cheap. to the dealership, there can never be enough profit, even if the sale price is already thousands over msrp.

thats just the way it is, some people, dealership or cosumers will do whatever they can to pay less or get more. lie, cheat, scam, whatever.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 AM
I hate to jump into other people's quarrels, but there's holdback. Let's say for the FIT automatic, if you include holdback (for the sake of argument, say it's 2% of MSRP, since 2007 FITS are assembled in Japan), then you add in an additional $319. Add that to MSRP minus invoice ($15970 - $15297) and that's $319 + $673 = $992 after the vehicle is sold. It's about 6% of MSRP. While it's not THAT much compared to what delears can make off more luxurious cars, but I consider that a fair and decent profit for a delear, especially when I read that some dealers are willing to live with just 3% of MSRP profit.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
thats just the way it is, some people, dealership or cosumers will do whatever they can to pay less or get more. lie, cheat, scam, whatever.
Hmmm .....dealerships are there to make a profit;and there is nothing wrong with that. I ,personally don't mind paying a few extra $$ if the service department treats me right after the sale.

I've owned Hondas since 1984 and have been a Honda only family since 1989. It started with a 84 CRX and the latest is MY03 S2000.

The service department to me is 75% the reason why I go back to a dealership for another Honda or any car really

Old 04-27-2006, 08:47 AM
So I suppose I would be paying:

$15,297 + $550 + $764.8 (tax) = $16,611.80

I calculated the tax on the invoice price only, not on destination, which I think is how it works.

That is a fairly slim margin.....I figured the spread between invoice and MSRP would be a little larger than that. Maybe Honda will run some incentives towards the end of the year.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:57 AM
mav
Looks like I was wrong then. I was told that the difference was a little bit more... $900 to $1000 for the Sport and $600 for the Base.