General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit vs. Cube ....decisions decisions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Fit vs. Cube ....decisions decisions.........Decision Made!!

OK, I know that there are clear differences between these vehicles, but both appeal to me. And I am going to purchase one of them. Maybe tomorrow.

The Fit is definitely more of a "drivers" car and has a nice look. The Cube is the more distinctive and has a "comfortable" feel about it. I do a lot of stop and go driving so the CVT and higher vantagepoint are appealing in the Cube. But I also take 300 mile weekend trips often so the paddle shifters and more responsive steering are also appealing. The size seems about the same.

Any thoughts out there to help me decide...other than you hate the Cube's boxy design? lol

I am really split on this one.

Last edited by Filithell; 06-15-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Chose between the vehicles in question...and bought a Fit!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I have both a Honda and a Nissan, so I'm not biased on either company. I don't mind a box shaped car either, but the Cube, to me, is the ugliest thing I have seen Nissan produce and I can't get past that. I am sure it is a neat car and simular to the Fit in useability, but I can't get over the way it looks.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
It is a Honda Fit forum.... so I would guess most people are going to say buy a Fit

Reasons
1) Reliability
2) Non-Goofiness (is a real word btw)
3) Fit looks more formal and nice
4) Gas Mileage
5) Handling & braking, it might save you life
6) When the next gen cube comes out.... well you are going to feel really bad as the trend fades.
7) Great aftermarket support for the Fit
8) Magic Seats
9) Nissan CVT FTL!!
10) The Fit is a proven Honda!

Finally, buy a manual... it will be better.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I was actually looking at the Cube too, but the one thing that always brings me back to the fit is the usuable space. The cube's rear seats dont fold flat, so the cargo space isn't near as practical.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I've seen the cube in person for the first time and I like it very much! If I were you, I will get the cube! Fresh!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
You make some good points. Being a proven Honda is always a plus. I owned a Civic before and I can't complain about the quality.

As for the mileage, the city mileage is actually supposed to be better in the Nissan, which is where most of my driving occurs.

As for the manual, I would LOVE to get a manual....but 3 hours of stop and go driving a day with a MT would kill me.

But the aftermarket is something I hadn't considered. I would have to assume there will be more and better performance parts for the Fit than the Cube. Hmmmm.....

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Uh.. seriously??

Old 06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Here was a comparison test by Edmunds: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...aris-cube.html

Old 06-13-2009, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Both! I have an 08 Fit and I'm getting the wife a Cube in a few months.
I'd recommend the six speed manual, but you already said that's a no go, I hate the Nissan CVT, it's seems like you either have no power or full power.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
i am thinking about the CUBE too....but the price is kinda high...i am sure 1 year later it will be lower and better !!
at $23000 CND it is not worth it...i dunno how much it is in USA

Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Very good points by all. I am definitely leaning towards the Fit and am currently getting a dealer internet battle going for my business. We'll see just how low they will go.

I also need to look into an intake. I've loved my AEM CAI on my Mazda6, so I need to check it out for the Fit also.

Thanks all! Although the Cube is still cool imo.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
cube

You can always test drive the cube on Gran Turismo 4. I first liked the idea of the Cube until I saw it in person. I was really turned off by the size and looks. For some reason it would probably work if it were smaller in size, but instead it's a distracting attempt of a fresh automobile.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Filithell
As for the mileage, the city mileage is actually supposed to be better in the Nissan, which is where most of my driving occurs.
FYI from www.fueleconomy.gov

Cube EPA MPG
28/30 (CVT)
24/29 (manual)

Fit EPA MPG
28/35 (automatic)
27/33 (manual)

I happen to like the looks of both cars, although the Cube's looks are polarizing, just like the first-gen Scion xB. People either love it or hate it.

I have not driven a Cube yet, but have heard the Fit is indeed more athletic. However, not everyone is looking for that.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just get a Kia Soul, duh

Old 06-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
IMO, the fit has a quirky, yet classic look to it. The cube seems to be trying to hard to be "trendy" and "hip". Over time (a short period of time I might add), I think the Cube will lose a lot of the "Ooh! Aah!" factor and will be replaced by gasps and gags.

The boxy design has already been done (Scion XB) and has worked out well. However, with the strangely shaped, asymmetrical window design of the Cube, as well as (from what I've seen) a lack of intuitive design when it comes to the interior, I doubt that nissan will keep it in their lineup for very long.

Plus...the Fit is a Honda

Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
i saw one yesterday hello-kittied out and all... I honestly cant say that i like it. it appears too big. i must admit i like the side-profile and the front end alot, but it's the disgusting rear tail lights and lack of manual in the higher-model trims that are a big turn-off to me. Also, if you decide to test drive the Honda Fit i'd highly recommend testing the 5-speed. You'd be surprised at how light the clutch pedal is, maybe even standable for daily driving :O

Old 06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Filithell
OK, I know that there are clear differences between these vehicles, but both appeal to me. And I am going to purchase one of them. Maybe tomorrow.

The Fit is definitely more of a "drivers" car and has a nice look. The Cube is the more distinctive and has a "comfortable" feel about it. I do a lot of stop and go driving so the CVT and higher vantagepoint are appealing in the Cube. But I also take 300 mile weekend trips often so the paddle shifters and more responsive steering are also appealing. The size seems about the same.

Any thoughts out there to help me decide...other than you hate the Cube's boxy design? lol

I am really split on this one.
I wouldn't buy a nissan unless you plan to own it less than 5 years, otherwise should be no issue.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Only get the Cube if you want to drive around a melting marshmallow with wheels.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 PM
GO FIT no CUBE trust me. Fit sport to be exact!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JPGC
I have both a Honda and a Nissan, so I'm not biased on either company. I don't mind a box shaped car either, but the Cube, to me, is the ugliest thing I have seen Nissan produce and I can't get past that. I am sure it is a neat car and simular to the Fit in useability, but I can't get over the way it looks.
Umm, fairly certain that the latest generation Sentra is the ugliest car ever produced by Nissan. At least the Cube has a little bit of character? But yes, the Cube is funny looking, but in a loveable sort of way.

Quick Reply: Fit vs. Cube ....decisions decisions