General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New Fit Owner - Wow!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up New Fit Owner - Wow!!

just picked up my blue sports yesterday and been having so much fun wit the car!! it's handling is just like all the rave review, light and easy and quick, very responsive...the dealer try to rip me off wit all the paint protection, extended warranties, win etching stuff and came out to be $6000 over msrp, but i opt out on everything, and this is his face instantly turn , but who needs all those crap, i mean it's a honda. But overall great experience, we've been missing on this great little giant....FINALLY!!! i can't wait to wax this car asap... btw, the dealer had 15 fits and all of them were gone almost instantly...this fit will be the next hot civic...

Last edited by fitjunkie; 04-22-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Pics Pics Pics!!!!

Old 04-22-2006, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Like B17gsr said, post some pics!

Old 04-22-2006, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
I tried to post just one pic of my Storm Silver's interior, but my ancient computer just couldn't handle it. After "Posting, please wait" continued for 10 min. I gave up. Also have exterior photos and a couple of the Vivid Blue pearl model in the dealer's show room. Because of the pearly coating, it looks much prettier than cars I've seen with a similar blue shade, but without the luminous glow. For the long haul (I keep my cars a long, long time) I'm glad I got Storm Silver. My teal Accord faded over time and I hope the Silver won't show the wear as much. As for the interior, I haven't found that the black heats up any worse. The plush fabric doesn't seem to hold the heat any more than my beige Accord's interior did, even in 90 degrees plus. To me it looks like a charcoal grey, not black, with a lighter grey insert. Looks nice with the grey dash and the silver exterior.

Hope to upgrade to a better computer soon, but by then I hope everyone will have seen enough Fits -- or bought them -- that they won't be interested in my photos!

Old 04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Cool

HaHa. I went through the same thing. It was the extended service warranty, alarm upgrade, lowjak, gap insurance, and clear coat. It also came out to around $5000. He kept saying it was only about $40 extra per month. I kept asking, what is the total cost of the package. Around and around we went until he finally said $5000. His responses for each item were funny. First he was telling me how great the warranty is, and then later he said I better get the extended warranty etc. When I said that I would just use the stock alarm, he kept saying that this upgrade would be more sensitive and go off with vibration etc. and that it was VERY good. But, ummm, you should get lowjak too, because the upgrade alarm is so-so if it is a good thief. He was so talkative until I opted out of everything. He was very quiet after that.

Very happy so far. I will order matts, etc. online because it is WAY cheaper than the dealer mark-up (even with shipping).

Last edited by jake95825; 04-22-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
I guess I've got to give the two salesmen who did the paperwork credit for not trying to sell me anything but the car itself!

Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
The blue pearl is very sharp in person, if you protect the paint with proper sealant and wax, it will shine for many years...those dealers treat us like we're all retarded, just the Vin etch system would cost me over $600, but I can easily DIY for less than $20 and still get my insurance discount....aside from these, I'm luv'n my car by the second....

Old 04-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll see if my daughter can get some pics tomorrow & can then post.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Unhappy Oh Man....

I feel like a chump... I did get all those extras! But the dealer did a great job coercing me into it... I felt like if I didn't get them something awful would happen to my Fit... oh well... next car I'm not getting that stuff!!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
that sux, that's where dealers slit our throats and suck our blood...they don't make much on the car, but on trade ins and those extras which they jacked up couple of hundred % markups....all those dealer options can be purchased elsewhere for a lot less when you install yourself, most of them you can, like the wheel lock would cost close to $100 when installed by dealer, but you can buy it for like half the price and install yourself...

Old 04-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Might eat my words...

Okay, I said I didnt get any of the options. I might change my mind. My friend was telling me about the Lojack early warning system and it sounds very cool. It is like regular Lojack but when someone moves your car without the key "thing", it alerts Lowjack, and they call you to tell you that your car is moving without you. When I was signing my paperwork and options, they didnt mention any of that. Anyone know how much extra the early warning part will cost?

Old 04-23-2006, 03:01 AM
I have put many pictures here at my blog.
http://drknife.com/blog/

Old 04-23-2006, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
One thing to keep in mind about the extended warranties, etc. -- if you sell the car before the warranty is up, you can get a pro-rated payment back for the unused portion. I did this when I traded my xB for the Fit and it worked out to ~$560 I got back, so I got all the benefit of the wider coverage, w/o paying the full price. That's why I got the extended warranty for the Fit too, if I sell it I can just get the unused part back, and considering the warranty will cover/replace damaged tires, rims, glass, and dent repair, I think it's worth it.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Talking Don't buy them all!

I have a 2005 Nissan Frontier I'm need to sell so I can "have a FIT"

Have dropped the price $2k in 2-weeks Got my fingers crossed. Want a Sport w/manual, open to color!

Old 04-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by fitjunkie
just picked up my blue sports yesterday and been having so much fun wit the car!! it's handling is just like all the rave review, light and easy and quick, very responsive...the dealer try to rip me off wit all the paint protection, extended warranties, win etching stuff and came out to be $6000 over msrp, but i opt out on everything, and this is his face instantly turn , but who needs all those crap, i mean it's a honda. But overall great experience, we've been missing on this great little giant....FINALLY!!! i can't wait to wax this car asap... btw, the dealer had 15 fits and all of them were gone almost instantly...this fit will be the next hot civic...
I got the same spiel. It was so funny - the sales guy all but said I didn't need the extended warranty because, like you said, it's a Honda. But he said he had to offer it regardless. I am just as crazy about the car as you are. It's one peppy little car. I'll have to be careful - driving home I looked down at the speedometer and I was doing 60 in a 45 zone. I didn't even feel like I was moving it's so smooth.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
They etched something onto all my windows right before I finished up with signing all the papers for my car, but it wasn't the VIN and I wasn't charged for it. Maybe it was something they were supposed to do but didn't get around to in time.

They didn't try to sell me anything but the extended warranty. The difference though was that I had a pretty green and very kind salesperson that I snatched off the Hyundai lot in the same dealership. All of the Honda salespeople seemed snobbish/sleazy and didn't give me the time of day when I walked in.

I did pay for an extended warranty. My thinking was this was the 1st year North American model with some engine changes from the European & Asian models. And Honda reliability or not, there may be some problems that could crop up. I had to replace the A/C compressor on my previous car within 5 years--would've paid for the warranty right there.

Last edited by verily; 04-23-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by verily
They etched something onto all my windows right before I finished up with signing all the papers for my car, but it wasn't the VIN and I wasn't charged for it. Maybe it was something they were supposed to do but didn't get around to in time.
I don't think this is an etching--I think it is just a well-made sticker. It's a way for them to get more $$ from you for "loss protection"....

Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
As soon as I told the salesmen that I've rebuilt engines and transmissions (among otherthings on Hondas), he asked if I wanted anything like accessories and extended warranty and quickly moved on.

My track record with 5 Hondas has proven me that the extended warranty is money well spent for the dealer, and only the dealer.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
It is an etching I saw it on the glass on a different Fit. They etch a tracking number to help identify it when it is stolen.
Why not just break the windows and destroy the tracking number fi you steal the car?

Originally Posted by Hondyboy
I don't think this is an etching--I think it is just a well-made sticker. It's a way for them to get more $$ from you for "loss protection"....

Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Hendrick Honda on Rt inWoodbridge VA has it right now. I just came from test driving it.

Quick Reply: New Fit Owner - Wow!!