General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bay Area - Sunnyvale Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Bay Area - Sunnyvale Honda

They got one in (Auto, Sport) yesterday and sold it right the way. So who got it? They got two in today and they are being prep. The sales person told me to come back for a test drive tomorrow afternoon.

They are selling AT MSRP + dest charge. They also told me Capitcal Honda has 6 in stock but they are charging 1-2k mark up.

- Tim

Old 04-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Capitol Honda is hiding all the Fits and saying they only have 2 (usually the model that want is not in stock.) I had to haggle with them for MSRP and when i agreed they said they sold it to someone else for 1500.00 over MSRP.

Thanks for letting us know about Sunnyvale Honda.

Last edited by nerdgrl416; 04-22-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by nerdgrl416
Capitol Honda is hiding all the Fits and saying they only have 2 (usually the model that want is not in stock.) I had to haggle with them for MSRP and when i agreed they said they sold it to someone else for 1500.00 over MSRP.

Thanks for letting us know about Sunnyvale Honda.

That seems extremely shady....

Old 04-22-2006, 09:17 PM
The SF bay area is small/sport car country, traditionally with markups galore-- first Miatas had $4K on $14K cars. I went to Capitol Honda & they showed $3000 over MSRP in the window of a Storm Silver base MT, but the internet sales manager said he "could take care of that". I'm not ordering my Taffeta White base MT until June & I'll see what he can "take care of" then. The dealer in Los Gatos had all the "extras" already on their Storm Silver sport AT, so I figure that's no better. Defintely need to wander up to Sunnyvale.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
The sales person I talked to yesterday at Sunnyvale was not optimistic about how many they can get this month when I asked about their inventory status.
But he said that they will definitely get more than THREE in May.

- Tim

Old 04-23-2006, 01:04 AM
just to put a few things into perspective (as im located in the bay area).

my dealership have gotten 4 in stock, 2 were sold for 2000 above msrp, numerous people are still coming in asking about them, we've had a few offers of 500-1000 over and didnt take them.

if you want to pay msrp, wait for it or go to a dealership that offers it at msrp. simple as that. think it's a ripeoff? maybe it is. at least as much as all the lowballer cheapskates who wants discounts off already invoice prices.

it's a free market, and the market will dictate how these fits will sell. right now demand > supply. accept it and either wait for the supply to catch up to demand, or pay for it.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
don't ever go to the honda in oakland. they have the fits marked up $3,000 and they are extremely sleazy.

i test drove a blue sport auto fit. i don't like the blue and that's all they had. they where tying to sell it to me hard, and i was like i don't like blue and i need to see the silver and the orange one before i can make any decisions. the dumb ass seller was like "if i can reserve you an orange one will you buy one today?" i haven't even seen it!

anyway, i just go there to test drive b'cause it's the closest dealer to me, but i would never buy anything there.

edit: piece of advice to anyone buying a car. do all your dealing over email. send multiple e-mails to many dealers with your offer and what you want, do not even walk into a dealer till you have an agreed price. i was able to get a touareg with the options i wanted 1 month after release and 600 under invoice and i am damn sure you can do the same with a honda.

Last edited by mec_os; 04-23-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
I was in the Fremont Area and stopped by at Autowest (AutoMall in Fremont). They are 3 in stock. Blue MT, Blue Sport Auto, and a Silver (?). The sticker shows $2995 markup on the Blue Sport Auto.

They haven' t sold any of these three as far as I know. When I asked about the markup, the salesman said it is "negotiable".

When I asked about the inventory situation, he said that the truck comes in EVERYDAY. I was searching for a RED Sport Manual/Auto. He went and checked on the computer and told me that there is one coming in next week.

There weren't that people checking out the fit while I was there. For those of you that can't wait, the demand/interest in east bay might be a little bit less?

- Tim

Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
just to put a few things into perspective (as im located in the bay area).

my dealership have gotten 4 in stock, 2 were sold for 2000 above msrp, numerous people are still coming in asking about them, we've had a few offers of 500-1000 over and didnt take them.

if you want to pay msrp, wait for it or go to a dealership that offers it at msrp. simple as that. think it's a ripeoff? maybe it is. at least as much as all the lowballer cheapskates who wants discounts off already invoice prices.

it's a free market, and the market will dictate how these fits will sell. right now demand > supply. accept it and either wait for the supply to catch up to demand, or pay for it.
Nothing cracks me up quite like a car salesman getting self-righteous.

If you don't want to hear about the price being a ripoff, offer the cars at the price Honda suggested. If you don't want to deal with people trying to pay as little as possible, find a new job.

Simple as that.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by watermelonman
Nothing cracks me up quite like a car salesman getting self-righteous.

If you don't want to hear about the price being a ripoff, offer the cars at the price Honda suggested. If you don't want to deal with people trying to pay as little as possible, find a new job.

Simple as that.
nothing cracks me up when i deal with people like you.

think you know everything, yet knows nothing.

i have no problem with people trying to pay as little as possible, since as little as possible just happen to be 2000 above msrp.

cant afford it? find a new job.

simple as that.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
i was told when i called the sunnyvale dealer last wednesday and asked if they had it in stock that i was "in luck!" because they had only one left (out of five). pretty sure it was just a tactic to make me think they were scarce. pretty funny, really. is anyone here on the bay area forum? if not, check it out. maybe we can all consolidate.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 PM

i have no problem with people trying to pay as little as possible, since as little as possible just happen to be 2000 above msrp.

simple as that.
All you care about is making money. You care nothing about building a relationship with the customer, which is what this car is all about: creating lifelong Honda customers who will come back when their income's increase and can afford more expensive models.

Remember this pal, we have the money you want, how about acting like it.

I've read many of your posts, and you have the attitude of a vulture. I wouldn't buy a car from your like even if it was below MSRP.

Simple as that.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft
All you care about is making money. You care nothing about building a relationship with the customer, which is what this car is all about: creating lifelong Honda customers who will come back when their income's increase and can afford more expensive models.

Remember this pal, we have the money you want, how about acting like it.

I've read many of your posts, and you have the attitude of a vulture. I wouldn't buy a car from your like even if it was below MSRP.

Simple as that.
funny, i have one of the best customer satisfication index scores in my dealership. at least 1/3 of my business comes from referrals.

all i care about is making money. funny, is that not why you go to work? to make money.

and remember this pal, we have the car you want, how about acting like it.

dont pretend you actually know me. im sure even if i offer you a car at invoice, you still wouldnt buy it.

and even if i did sell you a car at a great price, cheapskate lowballer like you still wont remain loyal to a dealership.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I just got mine at Steven's Creek Honda. The customer service is good and I paid MSRP nothing more. Ask for Sara or Gere. Let them know Violet sent you. They have two fits in stock. Not sure what color though.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM

simple as that.
affording it is not the issue. scamming money from customers is. in my opinion, this car is worth msrp. it's a good, solid price. i understand that the salespeople and the dealership want to make more money, we all do, but charging that much over msrp just makes me want to take my business elsewhere. this car is meant to be more of an economy vehicle. hence the lower price. i'm all about helping out whoever is selling me my car (and the dealership as well) but i want a reasonable price, and the ones that i've seen lately have me second guessing the dealerships here in the bay.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

simple as that.
Who thinks they know everything, and doesn't know anything?

First, I'm not buying a Fit. Second, multiple dealers in California are offering the Fit at MSRP. Third, I can afford the car plus markup.

That makes you 0 for 3.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by stacey14
affording it is not the issue. scamming money from customers is. in my opinion, this car is worth msrp. it's a good, solid price. i understand that the salespeople and the dealership want to make more money, we all do, but charging that much over msrp just makes me want to take my business elsewhere. this car is meant to be more of an economy vehicle. hence the lower price. i'm all about helping out whoever is selling me my car (and the dealership as well) but i want a reasonable price, and the ones that i've seen lately have me second guessing the dealerships here in the bay.
if charging above msrp is scamming the customer. then is under msrp scamming the dealership?

msrp is indeed a good solid price, too bad very few cars sell for msrp.

as for that much over msrp, thats what the market dictates. i personally havent sold a fit yet. i wouldnt buy a fit if it's over msrp. however, if there are people willing to pay 1000-2000 over msrp, why would the dealership refuse? they are in the business to make money and be profitable, not be fair.

there is nothing wrong with want to pay only msrp. there is something wrong when everyone else is paying 1000-2000 over and you dont want to. want it for msrp, when the demand dies down, you can have it for msrp. if no one wants the car at all, you can get it for even cheaper.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by watermelonman
Who thinks they know everything, and doesn't know anything?

First, I'm not buying a Fit. Second, multiple dealers in California are offering the Fit at MSRP. Third, I can afford the car plus markup.

That makes you 0 for 3.
first, if you are not buying and not selling. what are you doing here then?

second, a few dealers selling at msrp, majority selling for thousands over.

third, good for you, now go buy it.

0 for 3 is not that bad. some of the best sales people can only close 1 out of 6-7.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
first, if you are not buying and not selling. what are you doing here then?

second, a few dealers selling at msrp, majority selling for thousands over.

third, good for you, now go buy it.
1. Completely and wholly irrelevant. I like Honda, and I like the Fit. Don't look now but there's a ton of people here, who will probably never buy or sell a Fit. This web site is a place of discussion, not a market.

2. The point is that "as little as possible just happen to be 2000 above msrp" is not true.

3. See 1.

0 for 3 is not that bad. some of the best sales people can only close 1 out of 6-7.
This isn't a car sale, this is the ability to comprehend facts. I wouldn't be too proud of those numbers.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by mec_os
don't ever go to the honda in oakland. they have the fits marked up $3,000 and they are extremely sleazy.

i test drove a blue sport auto fit. i don't like the blue and that's all they had. they where tying to sell it to me hard, and i was like i don't like blue and i need to see the silver and the orange one before i can make any decisions. the dumb ass seller was like "if i can reserve you an orange one will you buy one today?" i haven't even seen it!

anyway, i just go there to test drive b'cause it's the closest dealer to me, but i would never buy anything there.

edit: piece of advice to anyone buying a car. do all your dealing over email. send multiple e-mails to many dealers with your offer and what you want, do not even walk into a dealer till you have an agreed price. i was able to get a touareg with the options i wanted 1 month after release and 600 under invoice and i am damn sure you can do the same with a honda.
Which one are you talking about? I went there last Friday and they had a blue Fit Sport Auto sold. I guess they had more Auto Sport ones in, are they?

Quick Reply: Bay Area - Sunnyvale Honda