General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

possibly selling the fit :/

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
possibly selling the fit :/

mmmm lookin for opinions from the fitfreaks here cause yea, you guys love it/them as much as i do.
So I owe 17k on it yet...long story but I do.
Fell in love with it.
the end.
so there's a guy in town that wants to buy my fit and I've been debating whether to sell it for the past couple months to get out of this loan...though I'll be putting atleast 8k towards it this summer...before I start school this fall cause I can't wait to be making $365 payment/mnth, $1200 in./6months and rent..maybe 200/month. I know I could do it...just would be cuttin it all perty close.
Anyways, my first love of cars...other than my old lesabre(r.i.p.) is in the world of corollas and I've found an amazingly clean one with a 4agze block in it(ze's are the 4ag's that originally came with superchargers so yea, can handle boost decently). no rust and just spotless basically...specially for a 23yr old vehicle. that's 4500 which means I'd be outa debt n have another lovely car with a lil $'s also.

yea, if you read it...no doubt there's a high five comin your way.
so would any of you sell the fit n go for it?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking practically, stop the financial bleeding.

No matter how much you love the car, it is not worth being poor over a set of wheels. I would do it in a heartbeat.

/This coming from someone with $60k in student loans.
//I'll have 2 degrees to show for it though!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm going to be civilian in a week. Going from $1500 a month after bills in my POCKET, to ZERO. I owe 14k on the Fit. I will never sell it though. I'll work double overtimes ANYWHERE THAT WILL HIRE ME. Or I'll collect unemployment. Either way, I am NOT getting rid of my Fit. Good luck to you, but I say keep it. The Corolla will cause you major friggin issues REAL quick.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
that's a tough call. my friend had a hachi and it was a blackhole for $$$ because he was setting it up to drift, it was so badass.

sell the fit, get the hachi but you gotta maintain it. i'm sure you'll take good care of it. toyotas usually have bulletproof engines anyways.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm i would pay as much down on the Fit as u can and have it refinaced thats what im doing with my S. I love the car just geting really sick of $590 a month car payment so im going to put $10k on the loan and pay as much extra as i can for the next 6 months to a year and refinance it so my payment should go down to around $350 a month i hope and i was paying $330 for the fit a month so i would not mind that. But im also looking into just selling her to get another fit instead due to the more room in the fit and better road trip car i love doing road trips to other places. But as of now i dont want to take a big hit on the car so im just going to keep it and pay as much off as possible this will get my car note way down and my monthly payment as well. I figure its a win win solution ethier i keep her and have a cheaper car payment or i sell her and than i would not be upside down on the car due to me putting all the extra money into it. Hopes that helps u. The last thing u want to do is get into a money pit when the fit is holding up for u

Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
Also if u put that $8k toward the loan that would almost drop the car payment by $200 a month and if u could put a little extra a month on it for 2-4 months im sure u could get it down to around under $200 a month for a car payment.Not sure ur life style but if u say drink cofee at star bucks thats $5 a day cut that out and theres a extra $100 a month for u.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:26 AM
^-Listen to 08fithappy, I spend about $1000 on cigarettes a year, plus around another $1000 on expensive coffee. That's $2000 of annual addiction!

Don't let the car make you poor but if you are really going to make that much progress with payments this summer (and more importantly you have self DISCIPLINE to keep your budget in check) then I say keep it for sure, it's going to be on the road a lot longer than an 85 corolla no matter how good of shape it's in.

Mine is paid off completely (yes it feels wonderful to say)

Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
wow, ty for the input guys. yea I'm perty cheap when it comes to $$...currently putting both checks I get in the bank and just spending tips from one of the jobs. every month or 2 I'll take $100 out of the bank though so there's $$ in my wallet for whatever...usually gas.
yea, the corolla in FL may be sold too so that dream is possibly done.
well I should know in the next week whether I'll be selling or not :/

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
as posted above, as much as you like your car get out of that financial bleeding.
that's a great way to put it actually cause it does take some life out of you each
time you are in debt.

if i was in your shoes, i'd probably look for a protege or
something old yet still fun to drive and save up for your
next car/house watever..

Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
yea, i found a sol in my area for 3500 i think I'll be going with. can boost it and learn to tune with it i figure considering...least from what I know/been told, no one where i live can tune lol n there's a few boosted vehicles around so me gets some $$'s if I can do a good enough job lol. wish there were more rollas around here so i don't have to drive down south for one though.

and I'll have a clean sol for a project I've been wanting to do for a while. 13bsol would be my license plate n you can take it from there lol.

Last edited by shazaam; 05-14-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: 13bsol***not a 13lb one lol
Old 05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I sold my Sol for a Fit actually haha

Enjoy the Sol when you get it bro. Most fun car I ever had. Not as much soul as a Fit, but more fun to drive.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell
The world is full of cars. You can always get another car. Find something you can pay cash for and forget about it. Then you can enjoy school without the pressure of that payment. Cash is king in a recession. Forget debt.

Cheers

Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
fcuk. I might not be able to get the sol i was looking at...I live 4-500mi away and there's someone else lookin at it tomorrow. n there's next to nothing for sale in my area...granted i did find an sr5...then again it looked liek it had seen some tough times of its own lol. wish i had the $$/time to do an f20c n call it a day...or 13b

Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Sell it. Try to get a reliable beater car for college. Parking lots seem to result in a lot of dings, scratches, etc. Plus, you've got enough to worry about in school. No need to put financial burden on top of that. I had an old Integra going to college. Fun car, cheap to fill up, dependable. If I were to do it over again, I'd actually get a single-cab Toyota truck. THAT would've been tons of fun.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Yep.

Beaters are in. Just cost out insurance: no collision, no comp. Payments: nope. Need a reliable car to drive home in: rent one (lots of bargains).

Cheers