General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

4/20 release? Is Honda smoking dope?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 PM
4/20 release? Is Honda smoking dope?

Why would Honda, a reputable car company, release this car on what is known as the "weed smoke-in day"?????? Is this car strictly for hippies and potheads? I would really like to know! It might make me think twice about buying.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, being a pothead is a prerequisite. Sorry bro, guess you failed.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Um, I really don't think they thought about it, in my opinion. Besides, 420 isn't really the police call for weed, is it? Anyway, let's keep the discussions to the Fit and how awesome it is.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Moderators, please feel free to move this to the "ask Honda" area. I'm actually quite serious about this. The whole ad campaign makes more sense now.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
what makes you think that, since it's out on a certain day, that it means that honda advocates what apparently is supposed to go on that day? does that also mean that honda is a hitler or columbine supporter? the whole thing is just plain silly!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Just be glad they didn't release it on June 6th, else everyone would be screaming "It's the coming of the Anti-Christ!" (6/6/2006)

Old 04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mustangguy72
Why would Honda, a reputable car company, release this car on what is known as the "weed smoke-in day"?????? Is this car strictly for hippies and potheads? I would really like to know! It might make me think twice about buying.
It's also Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

Personally I would find better things to worry about. But seriously, if this is of a concern to you, take solace in the fact that the cars were actually released on 04/19.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by watermelonman
It's also Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

Personally I would find better things to worry about. But seriously, if this is of a concern to you, take solace in the fact that the cars were actually released on 04/19.
well said. is there an echo in here?

Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 PM
WMM.....That's exactly my point. A company's actions mean something! Everything is done for a reason. I'm asking a legitimate question regarding the marketing of this car. If anyone cares to peruse my posts, they will see that I am a fan and a supporter of the vehicle. I'm sensetive, however, to the political and societal impact of a corporation blatantly pushing an agenda within their marketing.
Are there any Honda marketers reviewing this site.....if so, please give us the real scoop!
I can certianly live with the release date if it was strictly given as a logistical figure.
BTW....don't any of you consider the full ramifications of your monetary support of a corporation? It's like pure power! You are excersising your vote with your dollar!

Old 04-20-2006, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
WMM.....That's exactly my point. A company's actions mean something! Everything is done for a reason. I'm asking a legitimate question regarding the marketing of this car. If anyone cares to peruse my posts, they will see that I am a fan and a supporter of the vehicle. I'm sensetive, however, to the political and societal impact of a corporation blatantly pushing an agenda within their marketing.
Are there any Honda marketers reviewing this site.....if so, please give us the real scoop!
I can certianly live with the release date if it was strictly given as a logistical figure.
BTW....don't any of you consider the full ramifications of your monetary support of a corporation? It's like pure power! You are excersising your vote with your dollar!
Well, like I said the car actually ended up available on 04/19. I think it is safe to assume that Honda is not pushing a drug agenda with their release dates. With the Scions selling well and gas prices high, they probably just wanted what was literally the first day the process could be completed.

Also, 04/20 is mostly an American thing, and Honda is mostly Japanese. But maybe 04/19 is when all the Japenese kids get loaded on E or something.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Now I've heard it all. Talk about a crazy conspiracy theory.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
I'm sensetive, however, to the political and societal impact of a corporation blatantly pushing an agenda within their marketing.
What if we like the agenda?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Feel free to support whatever you want. I just would like an answer from someone at Honda. Has anyone seen these commercials? As I see more, the whole ad campaign is coming together.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Personally, if I was Honda I'd flip you the finger and walk away. What a waste of people's time.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Feel free to support whatever you want. I just would like an answer from someone at Honda. Has anyone seen these commercials? As I see more, the whole ad campaign is coming together.
what commercials are you talking about? just honda in general or are there certain ones in particular?

Old 04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Personally, if I was Honda I'd flip you the finger and walk away. What a waste of people's time.
Thankfully, this forum isn't titled "Tell Chikubi". Are you a little slow?

Last edited by mustangguy72; 04-27-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by stacey14
what commercials are you talking about? just honda in general or are there certain ones in particular?
The video games themed Fit commercial. It obviously is geared toward those with very short attention spans, i.e. long time pot smokers.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 PM
The video games themed Fit commercial. It obviously is geared toward those with very short attention spans, i.e. long time pot smokers.
where is this located? is it one of the ones the college kids made? i can't find it anywhere.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
haha well lets all just take a laugh from it, but i will always remeber what day i bought my car on !!!

Old 04-28-2006, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Haha this is great.

The whole reason I bought a Fit is because it was released on 4/20. Awesome marketing campaign, Honda!! :thumbup:

SMOKE WEEEEED EVERY DAY.

edit:

Quick Reply: 4/20 release? Is Honda smoking dope?