General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Dealer didn't get my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Thumbs down Dealer didn't get my car!

Holly Bummer - I've had a deposit since Jan. on a Storm Silver Sport - dealer didn't even call me to tell that it didn't come in - I had to visit the lot last night and find a base in SS and 2 blues. I am pissed and looking for at another dealer several extra miles away today with my fingers crossed.
I thought dealers were supposed to know what cars they were getting in advance
Thinking I got the run around....

Old 04-20-2006, 07:58 AM
mav
In MI, there are 6 Fit Sport's in Storm Silver, 4 MT and 2 AT. The 4 MT are at Jim Riehl Friendly Honda, Victory Honda and Williams Honda. The 2 AT are at Capital Honda and Victory Honda. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2006, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
My dealer only got one of the five in his first order so far... don't know yet if anything came in last night. The whole "let's hold them at the port, and see if we can get them there exactly on the 20th" thing has screwed up deliveries.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Thumbs down

Well the other dealer that had my car (SS S AT) 2 days ago just sold it before I could get there - also all the SS S At's are SOLD in Michigan
I pulled my deposit from the original dealer and reinstated it at another - the new one is being honest and says that unless there's a lot trade expect 2 months
I'm starting to think that Honda Customer Service needs a call ...

Last edited by Jonniedee; 04-20-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jonniedee
Well the other dealer that had my car (SS S AT) 2 days ago just sold it before I could get there
That is not cool at all.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Well the other dealer that had my car (SS S AT) 2 days ago just sold it before I could get there - also all the SS S At's are SOLD in Michigan
I pulled my deposit from the original dealer and reinstated it at another - the new one is being honest and says that unless there's a lot trade expect 2 months
I'm starting to think that Honda Customer Service needs a call ...
Why don't you just buy one from another state that isn't too far away? I test drove a Storm Silver Sport AT last night here in the Cincinnati. It was nice, but I didn't care for the color. I'm looking for the Vivid Blue and was almost considering buying the car in the Washington DC area until I finally found a local dealer who had one on order with a build date of 4/6/06. He told me that it would be here either by the end of April or the first week of May. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by hen88
Why don't you just buy one from another state that isn't too far away?
Staying in state to buy - also try to frequent the dealer where I purchased. I don't know how the rest of you think/feel but I get a stigma from Honda dealers that they don't like newer cars brought to their service bays from their own lost potential customers...least in these parts

Old 04-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Brad Barker Honda in Bloomington, Illinois does not have mine in yet either

Old 04-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Staying in state to buy - also try to frequent the dealer where I purchased. I don't know how the rest of you think/feel but I get a stigma from Honda dealers that they don't like newer cars brought to their service bays from their own lost potential customers...least in these parts
Will they even notice, unless they actually look? The guys in sales may know, but the guys in service won't unless they specifically look for the info. They make money on your car either way if it is serviced there. Besides, they shafted you - no need to stay loyal. You can state that upfront.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:44 PM
mav
Originally Posted by tywen
Mav,

Can you tell me what is available within the San Francisco Bay Area?

Sonoma, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, and Santa Clara counties?
Can you be a little bit more specfic?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Can you be a little bit more specfic?
i'm in the bay, too. i'm looking at the dealer in fremont because my boyfriend bought his car there and the salesperson he worked with said i could (hopefully, calling tonight) get it for msrp. but steven's creek in santa clara/cupertino is selling them a $2000 over msrp. rip off. this area is so expensive. maybe the central valley would be better...?

Old 04-20-2006, 10:24 PM
There is a black sport model at Battle Creek Honda...or at least there was one when we left the lot at 6pm 4/20/2006. We bought the storm silver base model though.....we pick it up tomorrow at 4pm...*bounce*

Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer that "sold your car", that was another dealer with a different physical car but the way you wanted it, right? The dealer who took your deposit simply never one with your criteria, right?

If a dealer actually sold a car that I had put a deposit on I would be positively fuming.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Are you still without your car... I am...