General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you want for your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:15 PM
What do you want for your fit?

If you could ask any company to make a part for your Fit, what part would you want developed?

I think HKS needs to make a complete exhuast system for the car, from the engine block all the way to the muffler. I want Mugen to develop an airbox, too.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
A new engine at cheap price .

1.2L GD5 is just not powerful enough :P I want a 2.0 engine at least but still look like a Jazz, so i can go race boy racers out there thinking their Puntos and Clios are fast XD

Old 04-19-2006, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
probably not what you had in mind, but i'd like

1. an armrest
2. a dash panel that looks nice with an aftermarket stereo

Old 04-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Wink

My Fit will need world peace (gas price control)and a never ending free iTunes download!

Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
id like a sunroof and an armrest

Last edited by 4dr4life!; 04-19-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
I'd just enjoy seeing my g/f in it!!

Old 04-19-2006, 02:05 PM
well since we're on that topic, i'd like a sunroof too. and AWD, but that's not going to happen.

i want VIS to make a c/f hood and a c/f hatch, and then Tein to make SS coilovers for it.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I want: (all on a black/black Fit Sport 5AT)

A set of these rims: (Work Equip 03)

WALD Aero Grille:

A set of window visors: (yes, this pic is of the Fit part)

A set of these: (JDM LED Tails)

And a set of these: (JDM LED power folding mirrors)

Other stuff too, stupid interior bits, etc...

As for actual mechanical/performance stuff, I hesitate to list anything as I haven't yet driven the car and thus can't conclusively say what it needs. I could ramble off a big parts list, but it's silly to begin performance modifications on a car that one has never driven. I know that I'd like a JDM rear disc brake conversion though. I don't expect to do much, if any, power tuning, as I'll have a 300hp S13 coupe for that. I just want the car to be able to run reliably at or near redline for extended periods (so cooling mods), and I want good braking and handling (so brakes, suspension, and TIRES!!!).

Do we have the all red Hazard switch? If not, I'll want that.

In typical fashion, I will likely position a preposterously large stuffed animal in the rear of the car looking out at cars behind me (Doraemon, Pikachu, Domokun, etc....), as it creeps people out, and I'm all about that.

Then there's the stuff I do to every car I own:

-Broadway 300mm convex rearview mirror
-Air Spencer "Squash" Air Freshener
-Blue dome light bulb
-Black out all emblems/badging (on black cars, anyway, otherwise I just remove it)

I've never owned an automatic, but I'm 100% certain that I'll be adding a beefy B&M transmission fluid cooler, so that auto tranny will last forever. I may very well do an engine oil cooler as well, depending on how much I like the driving dynamics (and thus how often I will drive it hard).

I also tend to like to fly small flags (parts companies, rising sun, etc...) from my radio antenna, but I suppose that if I go with an S2000-style antenna, I won't be able to do that.

I'd like to fab up some sort of toolbox that is custom-designed to "Fit" in the Fit (I know, bad pun). Complete with foam-lined drawers with cutouts for tools so stuff won't rattle. This would be my support vehicle for track days, and so I want a place for everything and everything in it's place.

A custom-made, cut-to-fit mat to lay across the entire rear of the car (so hatch area and area of rear seats folded down) will be needed too, so I can put a complete spare set of rims/tires in the car without damaging the interior, when need be.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Otto the autopilot

Old 04-19-2006, 02:32 PM
it's sad to admit... but based on what's being said so far in this thread, there is going to be a lot of riced out honda fits.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
it's sad to admit... but based on what's being said so far in this thread, there is going to be a lot of riced out honda fits.
Why, just because most of what I listed was aesthetic? Or because you don't approve of my particular aesthetics?

Old 04-19-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
im also throwing in a roof console with a place for sunglasses and two maplights

Old 04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
There is a diffrence between rice and style.
Style is classy mods that look good.
Rice is tossing money at a car to win car shows with no though to style.
Its more of the look at me I modded my car.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Is your avatar an ElGrand?

Old 04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I was thinking the Work Equip 3's aswell with my RG's and SA3R's LOL I'm just wishing that my J's Racing Cross Bar would fit.... Damn you Honda for changing interiors...

Old 04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
yuppers.
I dig the style of VIPed style wagons and minivans.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
I was thinking the Work Equip 3's aswell with my RG's and SA3R's LOL I'm just wishing that my J's Racing Cross Bar would fit.... Damn you Honda for changing interiors...
I thought you were joking until I remembered that you DO actually have both RG's and SA3R's sitting at your house, lol.

Anyway, I <3 ElGrands. I'm big into the whole vanning-zoku thing, hence my need to take a Fit and do it up bosozoku style.

I was going to hold out for the Nissan Cube, but it appears that the version we're getting isn't the current one. The new one will be more "rounded", and God knows what it'll look like......

Old 04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
Should we all drive around in un-modified Fit's? Should we keep them all stock? Maybe we should all dress the same too.

That would be a very boring world.

Even if some "riced out" Fit's seen on the road look stupid, it's still better than no creativity at all.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
*6 Spd Manual Tranny
*AWD option or PT AWD that kicks in when front wheels slip
*Heated Mirror Option for us who get snow
*Large capacity gas tank so we could go even farther.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:47 PM
yeah I would love heated mirrors. im not sure about the gas capacity though.

i agree that there may be riced out fits, but it all depends on your definition of rice. i mean look at all the D1 drift cars out there. total rice looking, but they are sweet. beauty is in the eye the beholder.

i know mine is going to (hopefully) be: A blue 5MT Sport Fit with white Buddy Club P1 Racing wheels, J's Racing Carbon Fiber hood (although I heard fitment issues), JDM LED Tails, lowered, and have a bunch of Mugen and J's Racing goodies.

Quick Reply: What do you want for your fit?