General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you want for your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
I want Wet Okole to offer car seat covers for the 2007 Fit

Old 05-27-2006, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
My butt in the drivers seat.

Old 05-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Boy you guys can sure get upset about the smallest things ...... and I thought us English were supposed to be uptight.

To get back to the original idea .... Many of the things on your wish lists are already available in most of the rest of the world and you can import them to the US I am sure - try the UK Honda website and find a dealer that will help you. You can get centre roof console, armrest, roof racks and visors with mirrors. We also can order sunroofs and heated mirrors (last one is standard on most trims now) as factory options so they should be options soon in US.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I hope Quaife will make an ATB LSD for our 5MT Fit here. So far all the options available out there are clutch type LSD but I prefer gear types/torsen more.

Secondly, a set of full face sports clutch. Stock clutch is very easy to manage and great to manage when there's traffic. I don't need something as crazy as those ACT HDSS/XTSS, but something a bit more responsive than stock.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Banned

There are many different bowls and many differtent types of rice :I like them all

The message is If You Like You Do, Everyone has their own sense of style.
Any one seen 14"Gold Spoke Daytons/white walls and a black/green flame job on a BOM Fit?
Purple/gold velvet diamond tuck and a gold chain steering wheel
Doin it Jdm lowrider style

Last edited by zonianjohn; 09-18-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I would like an LSD some day, and would love to have some upsized sway bars and a Mugen strut bar. Otherwise, I can't think of anything.

*edit* Okay, so maybe some day FAR in the future, a Supercharger would be cool. Only after I got bored with the power I've got already (which is plenty, really).

Old 09-21-2006, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
I find lately I'm really getting into JDM parts from small mfg's/tuning shops like Last Station, Noblesse, Tomoki, etc., so I'm thinkin' for my next upgrade I want a Noblesse muffler. It'll be a great match w/ the Power Box, and add even more obscure JDM-ness to what I've got already. Plus, it's got a really unique VIP sound to it that'll stand out over other mufflers.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:08 AM
-armrest
-wheels, lightweight 16x7
-exhaust
-intake
-springs, then coilovers

Done

Old 10-29-2006, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Wink My wish and dream list

Now that I've had it a while and have some of the mods done let's see what else I would like to add to my toy.

Leather Seat Covers
Turbo or SuperCharger (depends on which one they make work better)
Modified JDM Roof Center Storage Console
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Heated Folding Side View Mirrors with LED Turn Lights
Vented Hood CF painted to match car
Digital Climate Control System
Hood Lift Struts
Repaint it with Duplicolor Color Shifting Paint Mirage MP-404 Ice (If not possable then Pearl)
Ghost Flames with Duplicolor Metal Specks & Illuminite (or MP-404 & Illuminite with Pearl Paint)
3M Clear Bra & 3M PPF for rear bumper, sport trim, etc.
Additional LED interior lighting
HID LED Backup lights
HID LED 3rd brake light
Steering wheel audio controls
Antenna mod for better radio reception
Front and rear strut braces
Performance brakes with heat dissapaition coating
Gold badges to go with yellow window tint
Body kit (I like the Mugen front end, undecided on rear)
Nickle plate some of the components in the engine compartment
Braided hoses with silver anodized fittings (engine compartment)
Maybe change rims (haven't found any I love yet)

Like I said it's a wish and dream list so it's not like I expect to actually do all of the things listed but if it was all done it would be too cool. And it would definately be one of a kind.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I'm with'ya claymore

Old 10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Someone that Posts too much
I also hope it's priced affordably.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
K20A here please!! Come on Hasport with those mounts!!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Just like someone said: "my butt in the driver's seat"

I'm waiting to hear about my Fit Sport... ETA should be any day now, but the internet sales manager at the dealer I'm using has been non-responsive to emails. I have to dig back and find his number...

Old 11-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I would be first in line to buy a wing type wind deflector to break up the low pressure area around the rear window. This is a common item on many wagons and SUVs. When driving in bad weather, the rear wiper just smears the dirt and only cleans a relative small arch.
Another would be way to an add intermittent cycle to the wiper and as someone previously requested; heated mirrors, with signal light option would be great.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eeeeeha
I would be first in line to buy a wing type wind deflector to break up the low pressure area around the rear window. This is a common item on many wagons and SUVs. When driving in bad weather, the rear wiper just smears the dirt and only cleans a relative small arch.
Another would be way to an add intermittent cycle to the wiper and as someone previously requested; heated mirrors, with signal light option would be great.
Ok, stop reading my mind! I was just talking to my brother the other day about a adjustable wing like you're describing to help reduce the drag created by the hatchback design.

Intermittent rear wiper would be nice too, every time I use the rear wiper I wish it had an intermittent setting. I put that and heated mirrors on one of the many surveys they sent me. I kinda like the power folding side mirrors with turn lights built in I saw a few months ago but haven't seen one since.

Good ideas, now if someone would just make them. Or make them easier to find if they're already out there.

Last edited by 2hot6ft2; 11-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
5 speed or 6 speed transmision and a yakama rack system. add ****og gauge for temperture and oil pressure.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
I second that

Originally Posted by CarDemon
*6 Spd Manual Tranny
*AWD option or PT AWD that kicks in when front wheels slip
*Heated Mirror Option for us who get snow
*Large capacity gas tank so we could go even farther.
Yes

Old 12-27-2006, 11:10 PM
and in your situation, honda fit with a grill = no one even notice. a honda fit with grill, taillights, rain visor, jdm mirrors, wide view mirror, interior bulbs, emblems, etc = riced out.
how is this riced out?

i personally think that the stock grill is ugly, an aftermarket one would look better,

i believe LED tail lights are MORE FUNCTIONAL,

the rain visors serve a purpose, there isn't a car that comes with them that i'd be trying to replicate (how you described rice was replicating something you're not, right?)

the JDM mirrors add the function of automatically folding mirrors, i don't know if you fold your mirrors in, but i do, and having it do it at the flip of a switch is very purposeful to me,

although i don't use these, a wider angle broadway mirror gives a WIDER angle of view, it's a safety feature, you can't automatically consider it rice.

the LED interior lights (as well as LED replacement of all bulbs) changes the color temperature, to me the LED color temperature is much more pleasing, and looks higher quality--not to mention that the LED bulbs last WAY longer than halogen.

the emblems are rice

to me (current owner of a '04 wrx, looking for a fit) the subject of rice has been in conversation for a while.

an example of rice is this:

putting a wing that adds downforce to the rear of a FWD car...the wing was put on for looks, but actually counteracts its function.

your definition of rice sounds like you just don't understand the roots of modification...a car stock is like everyone else's...think of it like wearing a school uniform...people naturally want to individualize what is theirs. some change the looks, some change the performance, but most people do something that makes their car something special to them.

the difference between modding your car and ricing your car out is the conscious effort to add style without consideration to functionality IMO.

i don't think that someone that took their USDM fit and performed a JDM body conversion riced out their car, would you? they're making their car look like something it's not, but in no way do i consider that distasteful.

i believe the skunk2 exhaust is rice--it's diameter is too large for a NA fit. only after forced induction would this not be rice. any other exhause frees up restriction so no other exhause is rice.

all intakes are not rice

come to think of it, rice has nothing to do with performance, but about aesthetics; therefore, saying that someone who adds aesthetics mods is ricing out their car doesn't make any sense, a ricer is someone who changes the look of their car??

Old 12-28-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Red face

Originally Posted by zonianjohn

There are many different bowls and many differtent types of rice :I like them all

The message is If You Like You Do, Everyone has their own sense of style.
Any one seen 14"Gold Spoke Daytons/white walls and a black/green flame job on a BOM Fit?
Purple/gold velvet diamond tuck and a gold chain steering wheel
Doin it Jdm lowrider style
JDM lowrida style ftw.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
I want: (all on a black/black Fit Sport 5AT)
I have ordered a NHBP CVT...
A set of these rims: (Work Equip 03)
WALD Aero Grille:
Oh! I like that too. But I like the Mugen stylingset better...
I want the Mugen styling to be a part of Honda (again?) so we can get that parts through our Honda dealers...
A custom-made, cut-to-fit mat to lay across the entire rear of the car (so hatch area and area of rear seats folded down) will be needed too, so I can put a complete spare set of rims/tires in the car without damaging the interior, when need be.
Oh? I'm getting that from my Honda dealer, its factory made for the car. It covers both seats, it has a split between the seats. It has a rubber/plastic layer, to protect your seat from everyting you may take onboard of nastiness like dirt, mud, snow, or a mix of those...

But if I should dream of anything for my new Jazz, it had to be 200Hp and 4WD
But then again, it would not have been the same fun little car...

Quick Reply: What do you want for your fit?