General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you want for your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
I would like to see the AWD option added as it is in Japan

Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Permanent car rack

I'd like to see a permanent car top rack and front underside tie down bolts. Also a front passenger seat that folds down forward.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by claypaws
Also a front passenger seat that folds down forward.
I don't get it... the front passenger seat folds down in "Long mode"?

Old 04-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Folding Front Seat (forward)

I'd like to have the front passenger seat fold forward (preferably at the same level as the folded down back seats) so I can sleep in it. 5 feet of sleeping length just doesn't make it.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
funny, im far from upset. all i see is you taking a pathetic jab at my car. simply because i've proven you know nothing about fits, autocross, impreza (learn to spell it), invoice, car buying, car selling, etc.
No, I'm not taking a jab at your car. I'm pointing out that an enormous number AWD turbo sedan owners are ex-Civic ricers, and that AWD turbo sedans are the new "cool" amongst kids. Those are facts. This has nothing to do with you or your specific car, which you apparently emotionally identify with to an unhealthy extent.

You also haven't proven anything about my knowledge in any way, what so ever.

the real point is you dont know rice from nice. you cant tell whats a function mod even if it hit you in the face.
Simply untrue. You're not a big fan of facts, are you?

p.s. i forgot, you got a rsx, the sleek luxury sports car with stage gazillion interior. third gear roll that beats speed of light. go back to clubrsx so i can flame you in front of your ricer tool friends.
Resorting to such childish insults so quickly? You could at least be more creative. This doesn't even register as "mildly interesting" on the flame meter.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
this is a link posted elsewhere on fitfreak for the armrest:
http://www.woodcompany.com/hondapage.htm
I hear it is lovely but pricey.
I inquired about the Wood Company armrest. Here is the email I received:

The Honda Fit armrest is $139.95. Here is a link to the order page:
http://www.qualityautointeriors.com/...e-armrest.aspx

Also the HFP 16" rims are $154.80 each at College Hills Honda. Seems a decent price, based on what I saw at Tire Rack. Unless you are willing to pay a bundle for some really nice light forged ones, this might be the way to go.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
www.zetaproducts.net will have an armrest by early May. I bought one of theirs for my 05 Scion xB, and the armrest was great - high quality and perfect match (unfortunately, the xB wasn't a perfect match for me, and I traded it in for a Fit). There are some pics on their site.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Wish List

Originally Posted by atlas
If you could ask any company to make a part for your Fit, what part would you want developed?

I think HKS needs to make a complete exhuast system for the car, from the engine block all the way to the muffler. I want Mugen to develop an airbox, too.
1)A RACK SYSTEM SO I COULD GO TO THE LUMBER STORE OR CARRY MY BIKES. 2)A DEAD PEDAL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE. 3) MOST OF ALL RAIN GUTTERS OR RAIN DEFLECTOR SHEILDS AS AN ACCESORY. MORE MILES PER GALLON. 3 TO 7

Old 05-26-2006, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
Are youu sure you want to pay $650 for a Mugen intake ?

Sure so someone like Megan will copy it and sell it for $250

Old 05-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Force Induction

Old 05-26-2006, 10:36 PM
stop kidding yourself.

minor mods like grills, no one really cares, 99% people wont even notice.

and in your situation, honda fit with a grill = no one even notice. a honda fit with grill, taillights, rain visor, jdm mirrors, wide view mirror, interior bulbs, emblems, etc = riced out.
I've seen Sti's, EVO's, S2000's and the list goes on "WITH" what you just mentioned above. What's their excuse?

Let's just say your definition of Rice differs from others including me and leave it at that.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 AM
stop kidding yourself.

minor mods like grills, no one really cares, 99% people wont even notice.

and in your situation, honda fit with a grill = no one even notice. a honda fit with grill, taillights, rain visor, jdm mirrors, wide view mirror, interior bulbs, emblems, etc = riced out.
it's quite obvious you must post on nasioc, where everyone's car looks the same because they forgot the whole point of automotive styling.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:34 AM
a rain visor is quite functional, a grill changes/improves the look of the car.

the subtle mods are the best. When someone goes, "wow..what car is that that looks really nicE" and all you ahve are small subtle mods, you realize that people DO notice it. If it's too outright noticeable you are trying too hard.

The impreza comes with stock rice.

You already did a huge ricer mod by removing the functional rear wing (which the car really needs btw) because you wanted to look cool.

The same goes for all the retards on nasioc who REMOVE THE STI WING TO LOOK WINGLESS.

Unless youre putting on a mine's spoiler which is tunnel tested (so is the prodrive lip) to provide great aerodynamic stability improvements, you are a ricer.

by removing the stock sti wing, you are a ricer.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Frills

Originally Posted by big Fit
1)A RACK SYSTEM SO I COULD GO TO THE LUMBER STORE OR CARRY MY BIKES. 2)A DEAD PEDAL WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE. 3) MOST OF ALL RAIN GUTTERS OR RAIN DEFLECTOR SHEILDS AS AN ACCESORY. MORE MILES PER GALLON. 3 TO 7
I like the no-frills FIT because it is affordable(what do I care about a grille). I also have a manual and I got 40 mpg 2nd tank and that was mostly around town. Thule is working on a rack to fit the FIT. I'm on their email list for when they get it ready. Go to Thule.com and email them to let them know you want a rack. Honda should make the basic track, tho. Bug them, too.

I fashioned a temporary rack from the car-top foam blocks with a 4' metal pipe in the foam holes, and used the straps to come in the doors to cinch over my head. The weight is not distributed enough to the edge, and it leaks a little around the straps when it rains, but it's o.k. for light stuff.

I also packed as much stuff in it for an arts festival as I usually packed in my van. Amazing. Love this car!! The only thing (other than being rackless) is that the power steering makes it too easy to go of the road. I'll post when I hear about the Thule rack.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
a limited slip, or AWD, Jackson racing supercharger, HID lights, lexxan covers for the fog lights

Old 05-27-2006, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Nobody wants a dead pedal?

Above all, I want a dead pedal for my left foot! Why didn't Honda make the floorpan stamping without a flat place to rest your left foot? I do a good deal of woodworking and will be making a tapered wood block to try to fit down there with a piece of velcro.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by Popeye
I would like to see the AWD option added as it is in Japan
hell yea man I want to see the power out of that

Old 05-27-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll say it again!

FORCE INDUCTION!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
i dont think I'd modify the fit at all. I'd probably autocross it, though.

I might get rain guards/wind deflectors since they are nice to have.

I'd probably put in XM radio too cause I'm an XM freak like that.
Some kind of iPod mount for long trips.

Basically this is the car I'd plan to keep forever and drive to a million thousand miles

If it really bothered e i'd do coilovers, but the car rides so well as it is.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Milin
i dont think I'd modify the fit at all. I'd probably autocross it, though.

I might get rain guards/wind deflectors since they are nice to have.

I'd probably put in XM radio too cause I'm an XM freak like that.
Some kind of iPod mount for long trips.

Basically this is the car I'd plan to keep forever and drive to a million thousand miles

If it really bothered e i'd do coilovers, but the car rides so well as it is.
The hole next to the AUX in jack is quite deep, far more than enough space to put a dock + ipod. That's what I'm planning to do, anyway. It's actually too deep, so I'll need something an inch or 2 thick to prop up the dock.

Quick Reply: What do you want for your fit?