General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What do you want for your fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
What I want for my FIT

6 speed tranny with longer overdrive for highway cruising
Bigger gas tank
Trip computer
Passenger side vanity mirror
arm rest
outside temp guage
water/oil temp guages

Thats all!

Old 04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by CarDemon
*6 Spd Manual Tranny
*AWD option or PT AWD that kicks in when front wheels slip
*Heated Mirror Option for us who get snow
*Large capacity gas tank so we could go even farther.
Like the 6spd manual (make 6th gear tall), as well as the gas tank and mirrors. AWD takes away too much mileage for me though.

I would like to have an alternative side skirt for the sport that is much much less obtrusive. That or a dealer approved and installed cruise for the base model.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
I thought you were joking until I remembered that you DO actually have both RG's and SA3R's sitting at your house, lol.

LOL Yea I'm going crazy because I'm ready to use them... LOL

Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Why, just because most of what I listed was aesthetic? Or because you don't approve of my particular aesthetics?
i dont have to approve, my opinion dont really matter.

if your mods have zero function, it makes it rice.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by wagonist
There is a diffrence between rice and style.
Style is classy mods that look good.
Rice is tossing money at a car to win car shows with no though to style.
Its more of the look at me I modded my car.
there is no difference between rice and style, in fact, rice is a style.

who is to judge what is rice and what is classy?

if your stylish classy mods dont nothing for the car, it makes it rice.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Should we all drive around in un-modified Fit's? Should we keep them all stock? Maybe we should all dress the same too.

That would be a very boring world.

Even if some "riced out" Fit's seen on the road look stupid, it's still better than no creativity at all.
yes. i'd rather we all drive around in stock fits.

there is nothing wrong with driving a stock fit, there is something wrong driving a riced out hideous against nature fit.

creativity is one thing, stupidity is another.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by aywwsd
i dont have to approve, my opinion dont really matter.

if your mods have zero function, it makes it rice.
This situation doesn't happen very often, but here we have a case where someone is just 100% objectively farking wrong, and so I'm going to have some fun with it.

Rice is the act of posturing as if one is fast when one is not. This includes non-functional hoodscoops, non-functional aero, big wings, fart can axle-back exhausts, CF hoods on cars with 200lbs of ICE, NOS stickers, fire extinguishers on daily drivers, etc...

That's all non-functional stuff that is on there because people want it to LOOK functional....it's a LIE. Consequently, if I want a WALD grille on my Fit, it isn't intended to be functional at all, it's just on there because I like how it looks, thus making it NOT rice, because I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Example: By your definition, if I had an E55 and I decided that a Brabus grille would look nice, I'd be a ricer, which is f@#king preposterous, because it's a mod that "doesn't do anything for the car".

This goes the other way too. If someone had a 900rwhp JZA80 Supra, and they wanted to put a big honkin' touring wing on it....then it wouldn't be rice at all, because 900rwhp cars need downforce.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:56 PM
This situation doesn't happen very often, but here we have a case where someone is just 100% objectively farking wrong, and so I'm going to have some fun with it.

Rice is the act of posturing as if one is fast when one is not. This includes non-functional hoodscoops, non-functional aero, big wings, fart can axle-back exhausts, CF hoods on cars with 200lbs of ICE, NOS stickers, fire extinguishers on daily drivers, etc...

That's all non-functional stuff that is on there because people want it to LOOK functional....it's a LIE. Consequently, if I want a WALD grille on my Fit, it isn't intended to be functional at all, it's just on there because I like how it looks, thus making it NOT rice, because I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Example: By your definition, if I had an E55 and I decided that a Brabus grille would look nice, I'd be a ricer, which is f@#king preposterous, because it's a mod that "doesn't do anything for the car".

This goes the other way too. If someone had a 900rwhp JZA80 Supra, and they wanted to put a big honkin' touring wing on it....then it wouldn't be rice at all, because 900rwhp cars need downforce.
stop kidding yourself.

minor mods like grills, no one really cares, 99% people wont even notice.

and in your situation, honda fit with a grill = no one even notice. a honda fit with grill, taillights, rain visor, jdm mirrors, wide view mirror, interior bulbs, emblems, etc = riced out.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Diesel and a 6 speed manual.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
6Spd MT seems to be quite popular.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
6Spd MT seems to be quite popular.
Droool!!!!

But only if the first 5 gears are the same - lets not squish 6 in the same space and not lower the cruising rpm, like the Miata.

We need relaxed cruising.

Last edited by DRum; 04-21-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Definitely super tall gas (diesel) sipping 6-speed that REQUIRES me to downshift if I even think about passing--BELOW 2000 RPM at 60 MPH!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
You guys want a 6 speed transmission. That's overkill for a low-output engine. You will have to downshift evertime you climb a low grade hill on the freeway. Might as well vouch for a large motor and uprated drivetrain.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by brek
probably not what you had in mind, but i'd like

1. an armrest
2. a dash panel that looks nice with an aftermarket stereo
There is an armrest available somewhere in the world. A while back someone posted a pic. Unfortunately, I can't remember which thread or when (they say the memory is the second thing to go). By with this magical internet, if you can see it, you can buy it.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by atlas
If you could ask any company to make a part for your Fit, what part would you want developed?

I think HKS needs to make a complete exhuast system for the car, from the engine block all the way to the muffler. I want Mugen to develop an airbox, too.
Are youu sure you want to pay $650 for a Mugen intake ?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by DRum
Droool!!!!
But only if the first 5 gears are the same - lets not squish 6 in the same space and now lower the cruising rpm, like the Miata.
Good Point! I just wanted it so highway cruising at a constant speed wouldn't be like a High Output Turbo Sewing Machine. But then again, I'll do most of my driving zipping in and around town.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Good Point! I just wanted it so highway cruising at a constant speed wouldn't be like a High Output Turbo Sewing Machine. But then again, I'll do most of my driving zipping in and around town.
I must not have been very clear (I even had a typo ). I also want to avoid the sewing machine effect of high rpm cruising. I think the fit can easily pull a taller gear.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Why, just because most of what I listed was aesthetic? Or because you don't approve of my particular aesthetics?
Who cares? Do what you want to your car. It's your car.

The notion of "rice" is completely overblown. Most people have their own definition for it, and they're all crap.

The really comic thing about Imprezza owners getting on your case for "rice" is that so many of them used to own Civics with big wings and big exhausts. Now that they've moved on to a car that has a big turbo as well as a big wing and big exhaust, they think they're somehow superior, and deny their "rice" roots. Looks to me like AWD turbo sedans are the new "rice", the new fad for the same set of people.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
Are youu sure you want to pay $650 for a Mugen intake ?
i'm just crazy enough to. i always wanted one for my RSX, so maybe i'll make it up to myself to do so. and if not, then i will get a spoon drop-in.

and who even cares about rice. rice is in the eye of the beholder.

one persons rice is another persons treasure.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by DRum
I must not have been very clear (I even had a typo ). I also want to avoid the sewing machine effect of high rpm cruising. I think the fit can easily pull a taller gear.
I'm confused! Are you in favor of a 6th gear? or are you not in favor of a 6th gear. Or are you in favor of a 6th gear if it is calibrated properly?

Quick Reply: What do you want for your fit?