General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sometimes I feel ashamed of my Fit . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 PM
ski
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
just dont pay them attention and when gas gets ridiculously crazy expensive again, the tables will be turned. you will get the last laugh.
+1
Gas prices will definitely increase again, and it may happen a lot sooner than most people think. When it does, you can bellow out a loud guffaw at the SUV and pickup truck owners who will now own relatively new vehicles that will be worth only a mere pittance of their original cost.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I live in Wilmington, Delaware, where the Chrysler and GM plant once thrived but now the Chrysler plant is no more and the GM plant is just about to meet the same fate. I, too, having bought an 09 Fit Sport w/Navi in January, have gotten a few smart remarks from some laid-off automakers. I laugh because regardless of how anyone feels, it's my money paying the car note. I have never bought American cars (previously owned 3 Accords) and probably never will. I love my Fit and whoever doesn't like can kiss my bumper!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
ski
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, GM and Chrysler sealed their own fates by losing market share because they've continued producing cars that have poor reliability, efficiency, performance, handling, ride comfort, fit and finish, lousy designs, and noisy engines.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
F them keep the fit i use to get the same in the evo. U can never please every one just make sure u are happy thats all that matters in life

Old 04-11-2009, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FireFox91
The worst I have gotten about my car is my boss calling it "g-a-y" and my mechanic saying it was a "girl car".
Have you informed your boss that his/her statement constitutes sexual harassment? 'G-A-Y' or straight, it doesn't matter.

I've run across the occasional asshole while driving that seems to think I should have bought a Korean car (Chevy Aveo) or a Mexican one (all Dodge trucks) instead of the car I'm driving, but I usually get a pretty good vibe in person. When folks are decent enough to ask about the car, I take the time to answer with the mileage (worst was 31, best 49, average around 40) and show them the magic seats and the HUGE amount of room in the car. They tend to leave with a 'why did I buy this p.o.s. instead of a Fit?' look on their face.

Now that is truly weird. I've never seen a board where I couldn't type the word g.a.y. This one allows words that you can't say on cable, but not g.a.y.? Get real!

Last edited by E = Mc2; 04-11-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Odd censorship, dontcha think?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Red face Fine Choice

JrInc,

Don't ever second guess yourself about any good decisions you make (your Fit was an excellent choice).

Your saving $ and helping the "world" as a whole (Cheers to you!)
So who cares what these ignorant people have to say who have no legit argument for their uncalled for remarks.

Have these individuals looked at their homes (DVD players) and everything in them lately? How many items can they honestly say are made in America?
Ask them where their tv is manufactured? Or who their wifes go to see when its time for their manicure.

Be proud that as an American your making an honest effort toward contributing to a better America/(WORLD)in so many ways.

Last edited by HypnoFit; 04-12-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FireFox91

And I too would surely buy an American car if they made one as good as the Fit. No one does and they never will if people keep blinding buying American because "that is what you are supposed to do."
This is what I think about owning a Fit too. My family has always owned Fords, and I live in Lansing, MI, the heart of GM territory. Part of my still really wished I could have bought an American car, but with nothing offered by any American companies that can come close to comparison with a Fit, I have no problem with having a Honda. Buying the Fit is one little way of pushing the American auto industry to put resources into developing competitive small cars--in some ways, it helps them more than going out and buying a blah Focus sedan, a dumb Aveo, or a clunky Caliber.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I remember that my mom said that she likes domestic and then both the CRV. I was thinking 'wtf' but she told me that it was made in tenn. (has approx 150k with one problem so far; the engine light broke)

Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
i use to live in Greensboro That Sucked ass.

being an asian in a WHITE town sucked.

i had to deal with a bunch of racism...but the funny thing is. Red necks love driving lowered trucks aswell as big lifted ones.

i got into a lot of fights because i drove an integra....but i dont care.DGAF ftw.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Dude. I live in Flint. The depressed former motor capital of America.

I don't even wanna TALK about driving down to detroit for work. One time a bus ran a red light and TRIED to t-bone me in an intersection (I had the right of way).

So don't complain, aite?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
How about a reply from another country. In Canada (I'm read some responses commenting on cars made here), materials, parts and cars cross the boader back and forth sometimes more then once. It's really one market. Now how did I justify buying a Fit. I looked at the companies who had made an effort to build in the North American market. You will find that Honda likes to build their cars close to the market they are sold, in fact I think that the Fit is one of the few Hondas built in Japan. I know here in Ontario Honda employs thousands an their plant at Allison. The Accord I replaced with the Fit was built in Ohio in 1994. So I don't have a moral issue buying a Honda.

As for the people who think car is a "girlie" car. Just reply (if you are male) that you don't have penis size issues and don't really have to compensate with a large car.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 AM
They have over 30 years since the oil crisis to make better cars, and they failed.

Honestly, helping GM or Chrysler through this crisis won't help them make better cars anyway. They have the mentality that Americans would buy their cars because they are patriotic.....and I feel totally sorry for you that you ran into people with the same mentality....

I would rather hope that GM have the skills to build a Matrix instead of buying one and calling it the Ponitac Wave.

sooner or later, it will be a fashion statement to drive hybrids and ecobox like the Fit.

Last edited by wskwong; 04-12-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
Have you informed your boss that his/her statement constitutes sexual harassment? 'G-A-Y' or straight, it doesn't matter.
Yeah, I suppose I could do that if I was that thin skinned. Of course all the "old man" jokes I bust on him probably wouldn't go over well in the investigation process. Seriously, my boss and I are cool on that level. We bust on each other all the time. But he still doesn't like my Fit and I still don't like his BMW status car, or his thinning hair.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
wow, im sorry you live in a place with such ignorant people, ive only have one person say question why i bought my car saying the "it doesnt have any guts" but that person drove and pos car anyways. But seriously man dont take that crap from people, stand up for yourself i mean you probably bought the fit because it worked for you. in this global economy why buy american if the competitor has a better product.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wskwong
I would rather hope that GM have the skills to build a Matrix instead of buying one and calling it the Ponitac Wave.
they call it the Vibe in the US. I don't know which is a worse name. In some commercials they call it "The Toyota designed Vibe"

Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Geo Prisms ftw!... :O

Old 04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
i say drop a k20 into it, and every time someone in a truck says that, just downshift and smoke their a**es.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by jrlnc
I've had a few (3) co-workers see me in the parking lot getting in/out of my Fit say to me later: "You're riding in the that little thing?"

I've had a lot of trucks and SUVs riding my bumper on the highway trying to intimidate me. . .

Someone in the parking lot at Best Buy said that they felt sorry for me that I lost my job. I asked why, and they said because I was driving that car . . .

Then I've also had the neighbor who told me I should buy a Chrysler (like he did) because 'his Daddy always drove a Chrysler and it helped America'

Then I've had the big Silverado and Dodge Ram trucks pull up to me at a stoplight and yell 'Buy American!"

Yeah, there are a lot of rednecks here in the south, but it makes me feel like getting something else to just keep them off my back.

I try to ignore this sh!t but it wears me down.
Don't sweat it. People that get cars for status are as insecure as they come. I just got a raise, my family is very comfortable, and i got a fit because it's the right car for what i need. Hell, most days i try to commute to work by bike. People really think you're poor then, even if i'm on my $6,600 road bike!
People are funny, and a lot of them aren't very smart. Don't let them bother you.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by djcrb9
Don't sweat it. People that get cars for status are as insecure as they come. I just got a raise, my family is very comfortable, and i got a fit because it's the right car for what i need. Hell, most days i try to commute to work by bike. People really think you're poor then, even if i'm on my $6,600 road bike!
People are funny, and a lot of them aren't very smart. Don't let them bother you.

you're so right about that, i hate it when people judge others by their material possessions. some people just want to own what they need. what is the point of having a huge truck when the only things you put in the bed are your groceries? the fit is inexpensive, a really nice car for the price, fun to drive, and easy on the gas money.

i'm 23, this is all the car i'll need for a long time.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by djcrb9
only poor people think that. having them think you are poor / cheap is a godsend. otherwise, they will jack you.

intrestingly, I don't think many cheapskates pay the 4k premium for a fit compared to other mpg cars. now they just think your poor and stupid.

Last edited by SanDan; 04-13-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I feel ashamed of my Fit . . .