General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sometimes I feel ashamed of my Fit . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrlnc

That gave me a chuckle, but I'm in North Carolina. It's not quite that bad here.

I guess there are rednecks everywhere.
Oh, I didn't catch that. There sure is a big difference between Jamestown SC and Jamestown NC o_O

Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
People are ignorant. Enjoy your car and don't care for what the rednecks say.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Super Mario
People are ignorant. Enjoy your car and don't care for what the rednecks say.
Yeah, that's great advice.

BTW -- the guy with the Chryslers . . . I think they've already had engine problems with their new Chrysler Town and Country. I couldn't guess what their gas mileage is. Probably not good.

He's the one who told me he thought my Fit was cheap looking and why didn't I get a better car.

I have to learn to ignore this stuff.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by SanDan
For every other Japanese car 25k and under, I can find a more reliable, more safe American car for a lower price.

It's your money, buddy, haha.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
just dont pay them attention and when gas gets ridiculously crazy expensive again, the tables will be turned. you will get the last laugh.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
**** america. drive your fit
Thank you.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
My friend asked me if my car comes in mens lol

Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Imagine driving a golf cart *Smart Fortwo*.
Ya the fit is the type of car that gets bullied or harassed a lot on the road, but it gets respect in the canyons though.

Last edited by OEMfit; 04-10-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Tell them you'd buy a better car if only someone made one.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 AM
The worst I have gotten about my car is my boss calling it "g-a-y" and my mechanic saying it was a "girl car". I laugh because I don't give a shit. I have a car that I know will outlast nearly anything either of them will buy. I got 37mpg on my last tank which is over 10mpg better than what they get. A car is a status symbol to them apparently. I don't need a status symbol, I know what my status is and I will tell you if someone really wanted to know. I'm practical and smart. I got the car I wanted because it was the car I needed.

And I too would surely buy an American car if they made one as good as the Fit. No one does and they never will if people keep blinding buying American because "that is what you are supposed to do."

Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
So very sorry my brother, you should be doin nothing but enjoying the hell out of your car instead of enduring all that nasty sh!t.

Lots of ignorant people out there and right now it is like X 10 because the world is so f'ed up.

Besides, Obama wants GM and Chrysler "to retool" to make econo fuel sippers.
You are just ahead of the curve by a couple years

Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Well, let's trace the American car company's history... When we wanted bigger cars they gave us bigger cars, when we wanted more power they gave us more power. And when we wanted smaller, gas sipping cars they gave us.....bigger cars. Then we said, no we want better MPG and the came out with the new Camaro, Challenger, Flex, and the Taurus X.

What was Ford smoking when they decided that a bigger uglier version of the Taurus was a good idea?

My advice...move. There's not too many rednecks in California.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Contrabida Face
Thank you.
a dude i could kick it with. btw your sn reminds me of contra for nes. :memories:

Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
So very sorry my brother, you should be doin nothing but enjoying the hell out of your car instead of enduring all that nasty sh!t.

Lots of ignorant people out there and right now it is like X 10 because the world is so f'ed up.

Besides, Obama wants GM and Chrysler "to retool" to make econo fuel sippers.
You are just ahead of the curve by a couple years
obama is a tool:

obama doesnt care about fit people!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
well, i live in somewhat "redneck" country too. In fact I have gotten some really "oh so cute" comments from folks around me. even if i do end up w/ some negative comments I wouldn't care - i am not one of these "rednecks" who think like that. I wanted the Fit the moment I read about it in Popular Science/Mechanics (i have both so don't remember which) before they are even sold here. To me the Fit is so ME. it's my statement to the world: Fit is ME. I am Fit. I am so proud of my Fit and the more those people say anything negative about it the more I love it - it's how I distinguish myself from these bozos.

Talking about buy american - well when i was a teenager i was super patriotic - i insisted that my dad buy a new american car. so he bought an oldsmobile. what a mistake! that thing spent more time in a shop than on the road. 10 yrs later it still has less than 50,000 miles on it and I had to pay someone to tow it away after my dad died (he was driving a Jeep that killed him at that time). Since then i had enough w/ this american crap. of course, i will be happy to buy american (or even chinese) if they make good, reliable, safe, fuel-efficient cars that are super practical and ultra cute.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:44 AM
[quote=jrlnc;628052]BTW -- the guy with the Chryslers . . . I think they've already had engine problems with their new Chrysler Town and Country. I couldn't guess what their gas mileage is. Probably not good.

He's the one who told me he thought my Fit was cheap looking and why didn't I get a better car.
[quote]

so obvious... this guy wanted to talk you down because he's jealous! that's what some people do - they try to make you feel bad in order to elevate their own wounded ego - knowing that their cars are real junk! don't fall for that trap!

next time if someone says that to you tell him you will never in a million years thinking about buying HIS car. tell him you love your car and it's a little gem that give you lots of pleasure and no trouble at all.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Oh please I've had one guy come up to me and ask how I was supposed to fit these 3 10 foot tubes I bought at Lowes into "that thing". I looked at him and said well these will fit with no problems and I won't be needing to go to the gas station anytime soon unlike your Ford truck there!

I love my car and it's very fun to drive. As far as bigger trucks try to tail gate me, well that usually doesn't happen as I'm the one that's going past them on the highway.

Plus retards that have bigger cars and trucks and look down on people that have smaller cars are trying to over compensate for their lack of manhood!

Enjoy the car and **** the retards!

peace,

Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest

of course, i will be happy to buy american (or even chinese) if they make good, reliable, safe, fuel-efficient cars that are super practical and ultra cute.
There's a reason Chinese cars aren't sold in the States:
YouTube - Crash Test: Comparing chinese death shi&#% cars with others
YouTube - Nanjing MG Rover 25 Crash test

(Not all Chinese cars are this unsafe, but it can vary widely even within the same company)

I'll by Korean (Kia/Hyundai) before I buy American XD

Old 04-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by cojaro
There's a reason Chinese cars aren't sold in the States:
YouTube - Crash Test: Comparing chinese death shi&#% cars with others
YouTube - Nanjing MG Rover 25 Crash test

(Not all Chinese cars are this unsafe, but it can vary widely even within the same company)

I'll by Korean (Kia/Hyundai) before I buy American XD
holy shit thats suicide man

Old 04-11-2009, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
Whoa, Atlanta

Originally Posted by Firefly
I live in the heart of redneck country...and I've had nothing but positive comments about my Fit.
We still have those 4x4 Fords and Chevy's with the gun rack in the back driving around, but Civics and Camrys are just as popular, at least where I live. I'd say its pretty even imports to American makes.
I wouldn't let the ignorance bother you too much. What's most important is if YOU'RE happy with your car.
Firefly is in Alabama, and so am I, and I've never had anything other than positive feedback either. So the problem isn't the fact that you're in the South. You have just been blessed with a high "a$$hole quotient" in your neighborhood and on your job.
If I were you, I don't think I'd be in any rush to move to Atlanta. That is, unless you want your Fit to spend half its time sitting in gridlock, and the other half trying to jockey for lane position on a poorly-designed interstate with three hundred thousand aggressive drivers. I have come very close to meeting Atlanta drivers many times, and if I lived there, I would take the MARTA to work.
The usual problem here in the South is not the rednecks, it's just the people who are predisposed to be dicks.
(And contrary to popular belief, we do not generally turn the firehoses and police dogs on our citizens here nowadays.)

Firefly is right. You like the car, don't you? So funk the ignorant.
Let them eat gas.

Last edited by Steeldog; 04-11-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Sometimes I feel ashamed of my Fit . . .