General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Why did you buy Sport over Base?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Demon Fit
like said man, to each his own. If you like your base better than a sport then more power to ya bro. At least it's still a Honda Fit, and as long as its a fit it's ok in my book
No, it is not like I like base better than a Sport - I just do not see anything in the Sport that worth extra 1000's to spent.
Of course I have a very big respect to every Fit Sport owner, no matter how much money I saved compare to him.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM
The wheels and keyless entry were the biggest reasons for me.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jcuecker
The wheels and keyless entry were the biggest reasons for me.
yeah the keyless was the only thing I wish my base came with. But I got a python keyless for 50bucks in the classifieds section, and another 50 to get it installed. Everything else, I have aftermarket =]. So sport was still not worth the couple thousands for me.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM

3. And what's all this talk about paddle shifters? I'm sorry for everyone out there who owns an AT because AT's are for women who can't drive MT's.
Manual is tedious and annoying to drive day in and out in baltimore city! Having the car auto really does wonders. I usually never use manual. The part that talk about AT being a women's thing... spare me the laughter! Its a damn fit! Nothing about it is Macho and manly! I have my Faster car for the weekends when i go out (its a stick) but for daily car the fit is amazing! I think auto is the way to go if you want to be practical for a daily car in the city.

Last edited by NoMoreM3; 03-15-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

3. And what's all this talk about paddle shifters? I'm sorry for everyone out there who owns an AT because AT's are for women who can't drive MT's.
Nice to see that sexist stereotypes are still alive and well. Danica Patrick and Shirley Muldowney might disagree with you about whether women can't drive MTs.

Also, Michael Schumacher and the other F1 drivers might disagree with you about paddle shifters. I realize F1 cars don't have ATs, but a DCT isn't yet available for the Fit.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andshewaslike
Because Orange Revolution Metallic only came in Sport.
That was my first color choice, too, so that pretty much sealed it.

Also, my last car had alloy wheels, keyless entry, cruise control, map lights and fog lamps. To give them up would have seemed like too much of a "downgrade", so why not?

I could have happily done without the "ground effect" side skirts and the "rear sunshade" (spoiler?) though.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
That was my first color choice, too, so that pretty much sealed it.

Also, my last car had alloy wheels, keyless entry, cruise control, map lights and fog lamps. To give them up would have seemed like too much of a "downgrade", so why not?

I could have happily done without the "ground effect" side skirts and the "rear sunshade" (spoiler?) though.
I have exactly the same reasons!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Around me the difference in price between the sport and base was only ~800 or so (advertised specials on the fit sport auto and none on the base), and the main reasons I liked the sport was the wheels, shifter paddles, keyless entry, security system, cruise control, extra speakers, fog lights, sideskirts, the mini air dam under the spoiler, and that rear visor thing. If I had added that all after the fact I would have had to spend a couple grand and a lot of time/frustration.