General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Is a 2009 honda fit sport in tafetta white too...boring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Is a 2009 honda fit sport in tafetta white too...boring?

I'm not really into fluorescent/flashy/or wow colors and instead enjoy earthy colors like brown, certain shades of green, and soft blues. None of which are available for the 2009 fit...so that basically sums everything up to tafetta white.

Does anyone have a white fit? Do you still like it?

At first there was a struggle between black and white. But after staring at black one for too long, it seemed like it blended in with the wheels too much...or maybe that's just because the dealerships had different colored wheels (?)

What color is your fit or what color do you prefer/like?

Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Faithful87
I'm not really into fluorescent/flashy/or wow colors and instead enjoy earthy colors like brown, certain shades of green, and soft blues. None of which are available for the 2009 fit...so that basically sums everything up to tafetta white.

Does anyone have a white fit? Do you still like it?

At first there was a struggle between black and white. But after staring at black one for too long, it seemed like it blended in with the wheels too much...or maybe that's just because the dealerships had different colored wheels (?)

What color is your fit or what color do you prefer/like?
Mine is white, as you may have guessed. I wanted white for the visibility of the vehicle at night. White is also cooler for sunny areas and might even help a bit with cutting back on Urban Heat Islands. Hey, if we all had white cars...

Did you see the Tidewater Blue? I like that color. There are threads for each color, where people have uploaded images of their cars. Check out the one for the Tidewater Blue here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ic-thread.html

Of course, all the cars seem to vary depending on lighting, but that Tidewater Blue is something else. Sometimes it looks silvery. Or pastel blue. Other times it takes on a purplish hue, like some enchanted evening color. Or like a sky blue.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
I have a white Fit Sport and I like it. White is sterile, anti-septic, disinfected. When it comes to cars, I always live by this rule, "It's not the color or car you drive...it's the shine." I know how to detail my car to create that mirror, reflective, sparkle shine. My Fit Sport gets more eyeballs than a $100,000+ Mercedes or BMW...I sh*t you not. When I drive my White Fit Sport, people look. I get the same reaction when I drive my 2009 Silver Honda Civic. Like I said, it's not the color or car you drive, but the shine. Pick the color you like and keep your car clean.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
yawn, if its too plain for you thats what mods are for!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
White Wash

I'm sporting a white one. I also had white CRX HF years ago. The best part about white is it doesn't get dirty! I have 12k on it. I drive it on the weekends to get a break from the work sled. I put some old school white Koni rated R's on it to set it apart. White is the best for resale too. Later, Barf in Cincinnati

Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
If I was spendin my money on a new Fit it wouldn't be anything but Milano Red. Even if my current one was the same color.

On Ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOT-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
White here. For visibility, purity, heat reflection.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
White because it is the only true Honda color. Although in reality white is not really a color, but do we all need to go down that road?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
white is absolutely gorgeous when it is clean and flashy. IMO, white and black is the only "color" that I will not get bored of after several years. Blue I think will get boring, and so does green among others.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
I love the black n white fits, it was the original color that i wanted, but have asian parents, they looked up my fortune n it mentioned that its bad luck for me to drive cars with the colors of white, silver and black. good luck colors are blue, green and red.

after seeing the BSP in person, i fell in love with it and now i have a better appreciation for different color cars! honestly i wouldn't trade my car for any other color, esp for white, black and silver because i see those colors WAY to much around the DMV area (DC, MD, VA)

Old 02-26-2010, 06:32 AM
in my opinion, i think the honda fit looks best in white.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Please link below. It might help regarding colors.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...it-colors.html

Old 02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
White is my favorite color. My wifes' Fit is some kind of light blue because at the time that was all the dealer had in the Sport line-up and color was not all that important to her. However, when I replace my Miata the car (what ever it is) will be white with a tan leather interior.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM
If you like soft blues, i think tidewater would be the one for you. but the whites are very sexy. I went with bbp, but had not just gotten rid of my taffy EP3 I would have went with white. And i dont think white is Hondas color. Its Championship White isn't? thats a whole different color than the taffeta white.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:31 PM
I have White....

Old 02-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I agree!

Originally Posted by xstraightrazorx
in my opinion, i think the honda fit looks best in white.
I just think White is a very classy color. I feel fortunate to find a GE8 in White and it's by far my favorite color for this model. It really shows off some of the fit's details far better then darker colors.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
i had to wait like 3 months just to get the color i wanted... WHITE

Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
honda as a corp. LOVES white. you can see that most of their type r cars are in white. yes, that might not mean much to you for daily driving or what not, but i believe white is honda's color. i feel that any white honda/acura looks great.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
I must be in the minority: Anything but white, and preferably not black. My favorite is the orange. The red would be better if it were metallic. I didn't look too close, but the red Fits that I've seen just have flat red.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
You should be glad you have a white Fit as this colour is not available in the U.K.Enjoy

Quick Reply: Is a 2009 honda fit sport in tafetta white too...boring?