General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My fit bores me!! :

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
My fit bores me!! :

Ok so i financed my fit in december, added some goodies here and there.

now im bored of it. it just doesnt entertain me anymore.. i was considering trading it in for something else but seeing as i just bought it a few months ago i still have pretty much the whole note to pay off.

it's not that i hate the fit, its just lacking in the power range too hard.. considering i already knew it wasnt built for speed to begin with i sacraficed that for great gas mileage, but now im just bored of it.

what are my options? other than totaling out the car or having it stolen.
any and all opinions welcome. my feelings dont get hurt too easily

Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Have you ever tried pushing its handling capabilities to the limits? Mountain runs are fun

Old 03-26-2009, 10:50 PM
take it out autoxing...

Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned
turbo it...or k20 swap.....

Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
You bore me...

I'd say your best bet would be totaling it out or setting it on fire.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Even boosted Fits arent all that.
As said above try canyon runs and autoX. Fit handles great with just a few suspension mods.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
im already running skunk2 pro c's nothing else other than that for suspension.

i cant really justify boosting it. $$ : Power ration = no good for me.

idk i guess imma just have to do a huge make-over or something to keep me entertained.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Just sell it, cut your losses and buy a S2k Or RSX-S if you want a Honda with some go.

IMO putting money into a Fit to make it go fast is dumb.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
i dont understand how people can bore so easily of a car.
i'm thankful for having one at all (even though I go to work/school 7 days of the week to keep it)
i constantly see people riding the bus and can't help to think what if i was in their place.
besides it's not like its a cheap drop if you want a different car.

tl;dr no offense.
man up.

Last edited by F033x; 03-27-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
YOU MUST NOT HAVE DONE YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE PURCHASING THE VEHICLE!

you bought an economy shitbox with the intentions of having a boy racer car.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F033x
i dont understand how people can bore so easily of a car.
i'm thankful for having one at all (even though I go to work/school 7 days of the week to keep it)
i constantly see people riding the bus and can't help to think what if i was in their place.
besides it's not like its a cheap drop if you want a different car.

tl;dr no offense.
man up.
reason why i get bored of cars is because from my background history, i've had many cars, and driven many cars. from 1.2L - V10's(bikes included) i mean dont get me wrong i love the fit and will always love it. IMO honda could of done just a LITTLE bit better on the interior quality and the rear torsion beam is...eh... the motor is great. suspension is fun. and breaking necks on the streets and freeways are always full of laughs. but anyways, cars are just toys to some people. and finding the right one is hard. so we just play around, test out our options.

i agree, take the fit out on some mt runs and/or autoX and it will simply put a smile on your face. do little to receive lots from the FIT.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
I feel u man i was in the same spot as u. I bore easy of cars to do to me owning a Cobra, Evo before in CA so i could do lost of cayon runs. I bought the fit seeming it was the right thing to do cheap on gas and it would make me be able to afford to buy a house. But after moding it i was still board with it and needed something better than it. I opted to trade it in for my new S2K CR. But now i do have bigger car payments a little less than $600 a month insurance is still cheap $100 a month. But now i think about it and wounder is it really worth spending that much money on a car that looses its value every year. Search around for the next year that gives u more time to pay some more of the car off and try and sell it private party. But if i could do it again i would buy a used S2K and save me some money. Heres a couple of good cars used and cheap

S2K
RSX-S
Evo 8,9
Wrx/Sti
Gti
You can get any of these used for less than 23k with not many miles on them if i could go back about a month i would get a evo 9 used i see them for 20-23 with less than 40,000 miles on them. Me i am puting more money toward my S to pay it off quicker and planning on keeping this one till it really falls apart so this way i get my moneys worth out of it

Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
Oh and a side note i do see cars as toys. I feel get the right car that will put a smile on ur face that u can afford. Becasue at the end of the day its all about U being happy. The CR puts a smile on my face every day

Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Sadly, i see a car as a toy as well. i understand that some people aren't able to even have a car for whatever reason. But i'm not letting that affect my decision.

I have researched before i bought the fit, and from what i read up its pretty much loved by all. Dont get me wrong, i DO love my fit.. but at times its just blahh. ill find myself sitting in the garage just starring at it, figuring out what to do next.

My main option on a trade-in would be an AP2. It lacks room, this i know for sure. but i drive alone 95% of the time, and considering i cant have pass. in the rear because of rubbing issues on the fit. its usually just 1 passenger. so im pretty use to not carrying people. My friend has an S, even though the parts are more expensive for the car.. i love it. insurance would probably kill me though, and i'd be paying for a really long time.

When it all comes down to it this is a tough call. But im not going to let the reason of "boredom" let me get rid of my fit. i mainly wanted to see what other options were for the "just because" factor.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, and for a heads up can anyone tell me exactly how it works when trading in a car with money still owed on it. i was never too sure of how that worked exactly

Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I understand how you feel. I killed my Element in Feb and I loved that car. Really fit me to the T, but when I had to buy a new car it just wasn't inthe budget. (new baby and wanting to pay off bills). I like the fit but I get sad when I see other Elements out there.

My time will come to have another. But if you arent happy you arent happy. Do what you think is best

Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
so, since u havent mentioned taking it out for a fun drive, spirited mountain cruising/auto-x/or even going to a road course, you just want the car for modifications?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by iheartJDM
Oh, and for a heads up can anyone tell me exactly how it works when trading in a car with money still owed on it. i was never too sure of how that worked exactly
when you trade it in they roll over the remainder of the loan to your new loan. for example i was gonna finance a mugen si and they dropped the price to 27k. after my trade and rolling over the loan the price was 26k. so i am ahead on my payments but wasn't worth it to me. i do agree though, after having a 95 talon tsi awd the fit is just to slow.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Try building your own car from scratch. Start with chisling out some molds to pour melted rubber into to make some tires.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by solbrothers
YOU MUST NOT HAVE DONE YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE PURCHASING THE VEHICLE!

you bought an economy shitbox with the intentions of having a boy racer car.
matt you are ****ing awesome.

Quick Reply: My fit bores me!! :