General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

NYTimes mentions 2007 Honda Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
NYTimes mentions 2007 Honda Fit!

I thought this was an interesting article. Although the lady in the article doesn't seem to be "hurting" much from the recession.

Here's the link and a quote from the article. There's more to read, and more mentioned about Honda in the article at the end!

Motoring - Americans Hold On to Their Cars - NYTimes.com

But many of the cars that consumers want most in a recession — fuel-sipping models that need little maintenance — are still hard to find. In the fourth quarter of 2008, for instance, the 2004 Hyundai Elantra, 2003 Toyota Corolla and 2007 Honda Fit spent less than 30 days on average on used-car lots, according to a J. D. Power & Associates survey of 10,000 dealerships.

-------

Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting. One sign of the times is that out here in the country, repair shops are so busy maintaining the older cars that people can wait a week for a simple repair. People are definitely hanging on to their cars.

Haven't heard from you, TaffetaWhite, for a while. Good to read your posts again. That would be from one Fuddy-Duddy to another.

Cheers

Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
Interesting. One sign of the times is that out here in the country, repair shops are so busy maintaining the older cars that people can wait a week for a simple repair. People are definitely hanging on to their cars.

Haven't heard from you, TaffetaWhite, for a while. Good to read your posts again. That would be from one Fuddy-Duddy to another.

Cheers
I have varied interests so I hop around sites. I like interior design. I like discussing laws and community and politics. The environment, alternative energy.

And while I'm off reading news stories, I run across something about the Fit, which reminds me to come over here and post about it. And to see what's going on!

I got my survey from Honda yesterday to fill out online. Did you get one of those yet?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite

I got my survey from Honda yesterday to fill out online. Did you get one of those yet?
We got a telephone call shortly after we took delivery. It was a phone survey. The caller said she was at home somewhere in Oregon. She said she didn't really know what a Honda F.I.T. was. Other than that, no surveys.

Cheers.