General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

new here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:13 AM
new here!

Hello,
I am new to the forums. Planning on buying a fit sport in cali some time in the next 3 months. We are transitioning out of the military from Hawaii, visiting family in California, and planning on driving it back to Indiana. My main concerns are the buying of the car (don’t want to get screwed), getting to Indiana safe and legally, and not harming the new car with all those miles. Any advice?
norton

Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. You should not have any problems with driving that distance. However just like any new car you will have a break in period which means no fast starts and no hard stops. Alot of people just slam the Fit from day one without any problems but I normally follow my drivers manual recommendations. As far as the price I don't know about elsewhere but locally they don't come down or give you anything off the sticker on a Fit. One reason is that they don't make much money on the sale of Fit as they would for the Civic. They will come down on the sticker for those vehicles but not on the Fit. I would look at the Honda site and build your Fit and have that in hand when you visit the dealership so you have a guideline. Don't let them get you on mats, visors or other items which they may tack onto the sales price. You can buy all those items on e-bay for a lot less and unless they are free I would not have them included in your out the door price.
Good Luck and let us know when you get your car.

Cat :x